You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last time I applied they sent me that message 6 weeks post II, then waited 6ish months to send me the R. Not to be the party pooper but don't read too much into that email as it can mean literally anything. Saw people get in with and without it, and I got it but didn't get in.How long does UMass take to make a decision after sending out an active consideration email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UMass is testing my patience... another small group virtual email invite...
+1When do we think acceptances will come out for MD-PhD? I interviewed 11/4.
I audibly screamed when I got it, they literally just had this session...UMass is testing my patience... another small group virtual email invite...
gives me a chance to get in I guess, maybe attendance is tracked. But come on at this point just give us a decisionI audibly screamed when I got it, they literally just had this session...
Same, I will literally be attending this for the third time just in case.gives me a chance to get in I guess, maybe attendance is tracked. But come on at this point just give us a decision
I am considering withdrawing from PURCH prior to my PURCH interview. I have some questions I want answers to first, so I plan on asking them the next Coffee hour session. but do you know of anyone who withdrew from PURCH and got into regular MD? I scrolled 2 years of SDN posts and found none. Unfortunatly I dont know any current students to ask.The MD program will not accept you before your PURCH interview; you will first be considered as a PURCH applicant after both interviews, with the opportunity to get moved into the MD applicant pool if you are rejected from PURCH (without them notifying you).
hittheroad
Full Member
anyone have any insight into the interview here? have never done an MMI. is it a mix of traditional questions & scenario-based?
when was your interview date?
I am a current applicant and do not know of anyone who withdrew from PURCH but got into regular MD. At the PURCH interview, they said you could just email the PURCH email and withdraw from PURCH to be moved to the MD only pool.I am considering withdrawing from PURCH prior to my PURCH interview. I have some questions I want answers to first, so I plan on asking them the next Coffee hour session. but do you know of anyone who withdrew from PURCH and got into regular MD? I scrolled 2 years of SDN posts and found none. Unfortunatly I dont know any current students to ask.
medstudent2516
Full Member
IS II LM 74 submitted in August!
unnamedlobster12
Full Member
manifesting that UMass sends us some decisions (A's) tomorrow🤞😅
UMass PURCH A, OOS applicant. Recieved a phone call, they said emails will go out tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS!!!UMass PURCH A, OOS applicant. Recieved a phone call, they said emails will go out tomorrow.
I am hopeful for you all that it will be a bit of both 🙂Do we think it is just PURCH or might we get some regular MD tomorrow as well...
hahaha thank you friend!!I am hopeful for you all that it will be a bit of both 🙂
Is there an accepted students group chat of some sort?
LFG CONGRATS!!UMass PURCH A, OOS applicant. Recieved a phone call, they said emails will go out tomorrow.
Thank you my friend!!LFG CONGRATS!!
If this is helpful to anyone, call was 12/5 and received email at ~9AM EST on 12/6. I attended the PURCH and MD zoom sessions, as well as 2 of the Q&A special topics sessions, and sent a letter of intent with a significant update in late Nov.UMass PURCH A, OOS applicant. Recieved a phone call, they said emails will go out tomorrow.
in.my.doc.era
Full Member
Just received a reg MD A email!!!! I'm a reapp and interviewed on 11/22, so this feels so surreal rn
Elite-Water
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/24 heard back yet?
Cicisowner123
Full Member
Anyone from Lead hear back? Interviewed for Lead and MMI in October
kidney.bean
New Member
I received the call for the A on Friday 12/6! my MMI and Lead interview were both in OctoberAnyone from Lead hear back? Interviewed for Lead and MMI in October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cicisowner123
Full Member
I received the call for the A on Friday 12/6! my MMI and Lead interview were both in October
Omg congrats!! I hope to hear back soon 🙏
premed2024_123456
Full Member
Anyone know % of interviews they are still giving out or if they are still going out?
OOS with very strong ties pre-II R today 🙁. Bye bye Mass
Per admit.org, about ~37% of interviewees receive acceptance, but that does not distinguish from MSTP, MD, PURCH, & Leahy.Anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for MSTP? and MD only?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
at least you have that Miami A!! and so many interviews. I have only had 3 and was deferred from 1. I am also OOS with strong ties and nervous for this one. Praying for an IIOOS with very strong ties pre-II R today 🙁. Bye bye Mass
It seems like ever since I got my first A, every time I post my pre-II R's. I get something along the line of "At least you have xx's A and xx's interviews", because I keep my SDN account public and people can easily access my post history.at least you have that Miami A!! and so many interviews. I have only had 3 and was deferred from 1. I am also OOS with strong ties and nervous for this one. Praying for an II
This is not just addressed to you but to whomever reading this: Please be proud of your own achievement! Comparison is the thief of joy. Congratulations on your 3 interviews before the new year! I think the numbers are in your favor!
On the other hand, I think it's important to mention that everyone's situation is different and people have different priorities. I do not mean that I am not grateful for my A's in any way, but as I've mentioned in my other comment, I am married, and my entire support system is based in MA, so to me personally UMass would have been a better choice.
Best wishes for your app cycle and I hope you get the II from UMass. 🙂
This is the correct mentality. Sincerely LM~80 no IIsIt seems like ever since I got my first A, every time I post my pre-II R's. I get something along the line of "At least you have xx's A and xx's interviews", because I keep my SDN account public and people can easily access my post history.
This is not just addressed to you but to whomever reading this: Please be proud of your own achievement! Comparison is the thief of joy. Congratulations on your 3 interviews before the new year! I think the numbers are in your favor!
On the other hand, I think it's important to mention that everyone's situation is different and people have different priorities. I do not mean that I am not grateful for my A's in any way, but as I've mentioned in my other comment, I am married, and my entire support system is based in MA, so to me personally UMass would have been a better choice.
Best wishes for your app cycle and I hope you get the II from UMass. 🙂
12 weeks post interview, still nothing, IS, someone please make this end. I know their priority is interviewing people but 12 weeks is a bit much to make someone wait...right? I have no major updates worthy of emailing them unfortunately. Sorry for everyone else in the same boat as me.
They are known to ghost people until April who interviewed in September. Unfortunately, they suck a$$ when it comes to keeping their applicants sane12 weeks post interview, still nothing, IS, someone please make this end. I know their priority is interviewing people but 12 weeks is a bit much to make someone wait...right? I have no major updates worthy of emailing them unfortunately. Sorry for everyone else in the same boat as me.
Last cycle I applied someone had waited until April 27th before finally hearing a decision, they interviewed in August. It is literally a disaster and random on who they send decisions to and when. IIRC they said they ramp up decisions after the new year, so they are probably waiting for the holidays to pass before they make the majority of decisions12 weeks post interview, still nothing, IS, someone please make this end. I know their priority is interviewing people but 12 weeks is a bit much to make someone wait...right? I have no major updates worthy of emailing them unfortunately. Sorry for everyone else in the same boat as me.
iloveharvard
Full Member
Best of luck to your MD consideration. May I know what's the date of your second-round (MD or PhD, whichever later) interview?Post II MSTP R, considered for Md though…this one hurts but what are the chances of getting the MD A
unnamedlobster12
Full Member
my manifestation kinda worked last week so giving it another go. fingers crossed UMass sends some decisions (A's) our way tomorrow 🤞😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone anticipate further II waves for mass?
Last cycle they sent out interviews as late as Feb 21st per CycleTrack.org.Anyone anticipate further II waves for mass?
Thanks congrats on the A!Last cycle they sent out interviews as late as Feb 21st per CycleTrack.org.
Thanks!Thanks congrats on the A!