2024-2025 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a missed call and VM. It cut in and out so I could not understand the voicemail clearly. Tried to call back and left a VM. Beating myself up for not having my ringer on (and I was so conscious about it too, the one day I did not have my apple watch on). Stressing out, hope they call me back before the end of the day.

well if it helps at all they only call for As so congrats in advance
 
Just got a call with an A from TC, but the interviewer told me to "double-check" the portal to see if I was accepted?? When I log in, only things from last year show up. Any one else having this experience?
My portal isn't updated either; she told me to wait 24 hours during the call. I would double-check tomorrow to be sure and email them if things haven't changed.
 
Got a missed call and VM. It cut in and out so I could not understand the voicemail clearly. Tried to call back and left a VM. Beating myself up for not having my ringer on (and I was so conscious about it too, the one day I did not have my apple watch on). Stressing out, hope they call me back before the end of the day.
Don't stress, someone else missed a call in this thread too and they called back later that night
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a missed call and VM. It cut in and out so I could not understand the voicemail clearly. Tried to call back and left a VM. Beating myself up for not having my ringer on (and I was so conscious about it too, the one day I did not have my apple watch on). Stressing out, hope they call me back before the end of the day.
Congratulations!!!!!
 
Got a missed call and VM. It cut in and out so I could not understand the voicemail clearly. Tried to call back and left a VM. Beating myself up for not having my ringer on (and I was so conscious about it too, the one day I did not have my apple watch on). Stressing out, hope they call me back before the end of the day.
Update: got a call back and got the A. +IS. Interviewed 11/22. Literal tears of joy!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
October 31st. On one end, it’s nice to not be in limbo anymore, but on the other I know I still may need to reapply. I think back to my interview and feel like that was the main reason; I just think I interviewed poorly.
It’s not over yet! And if you do need to reapply, that’s not a bad thing. It shows determination. It’s good you found things that you can improve.
 
Has anyone been able to get the link to the facebook group to work? They just sent another email saying it was up, but it doesn't take me anywhere
 
Also in state and interviewed on 10/22 and it’s been radio silence :/

Trying hard to not lose hope, but i may be heading on over to Michigan this fall😭

Praying for the U🙏
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@everyone who interviewed:

What was the MMI experience like?
The software reveals one prompt at a time. Once its reveled you have 5 minutes to read and record a video responding.

My computer hated the software, and I ended up in a long email thread with admissions that ended in me submitting zoom recordings over email. They are absolutely willing to work with you through any issues, if need be.

That being said, I highly recommend completing the asynchronous, MMI portion as soon as possible in case you run into issues.
 
This is interesting: I interviewed the 31st of October and got the WL email this past week. It could be a good sign you haven’t heard yet.
We are likely in one of the two in between groups. Either we are between acceptance and waitlist, or between waitlist and rejection. Hoping for the first group. :xf:
 
Thank you! Hopefully you get off the waitlist right away! I am already losing my mind and sanity as I refresh my email every 5 minutes.
I see you were waitlisted last year. Do you have any insight to share on what the process looks like? Historically there was a ranking system. Do you know if that’s the case this year?
 
I see you were waitlisted last year. Do you have any insight to share on what the process looks like? Historically there was a ranking system. Do you know if that’s the case this year?
well last year they had the waitlist and the alternative list. They also had 3 decisions days (one is December, one in February, and then the rest found out in May). I was waitlisted by the 2nd decision day in February and received a final decision email on 4/29 saying they were unable to offer me a seat. So I never got an alternative list position or anything like that.
 
well last year they had the waitlist and the alternative list. They also had 3 decisions days (one is December, one in February, and then the rest found out in May). I was waitlisted by the 2nd decision day in February and received a final decision email on 4/29 saying they were unable to offer me a seat. So I never got an alternative list position or anything like that.
So the alternate list is the waitlist that extends up until the classes start?

Did you ask for feedback on what you could improve upon? Or did they give you any insight on what may have caused you to not get an A last year?

Asking for myself, in that it would be nice to talk to someone at the UMN on what I can improve on/what I was missing/lacking.
 
So the alternate list is the waitlist that extends up until the classes start?

Did you ask for feedback on what you could improve upon? Or did they give you any insight on what may have caused you to not get an A last year?

Asking for myself, in that it would be nice to talk to someone at the UMN on what I can improve on/what I was missing/lacking.
Yes, the alternative list is the list with ranks.

I did not. On the rejection email they attached the 13 competencies they are looking for. I remember they said somewhere that they do not offer improvement suggestions but I guess I should have emailed them anyways to get some ideas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad