You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Learn4Life
Full Member
I'm so sorry to hear that! Would you mind sharing if you are IS or OOS?Pre-II R just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
phenolphthalein_pink
Full Member
I think so! FWIW, I interviewed on 12/16, and they gave us a late February/early March estimate for decisions. So judging by the last few waves, it seems like they're sending out decisions about 2 to 2.5-ish months after the interview. Honestly, it's probably less consistent than that, and I'm definitely going a little delirious from the agony of waiting, so... grain of salt.How far have they given out A's in terms of interview day? 11/22?
cordeliarose
New Member
Still have not heard a single thing after my 10/22 interview, so who knows what schedule they are going by
sillygoose1749
Full Member
I interviewed the same day and haven’t heard anything. I reached out to see if they had an idea of when I would hear and they told me that they cannot be certain of a time and they appreciate my patience. Waiting is agonizingStill have not heard a single thing after my 10/22 interview, so who knows what schedule they are going by
I'm so sorry to hear that! Would you mind sharing if you are IS or OOS?
OOS.
docbro(maybe)123
New Member
IS A - Duluth
Interviewed 11/26/24
LM 75
Interviewed 11/26/24
LM 75
clevershoe492
Full Member
Congrats!! Did they call you this late?IS A - Duluth
Interviewed 11/26/24
LM 75
The U is also my only interview so far... hoping to hear back good news soonIS A - TC
Interviewed 11/13/24
LM 74
They called me around 1pm!! My only interview and A so far!!!!!! <3 Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear back!!! <33
D
deleted1199010
OOS II, secondary complete 8/19 !!! Strong ties, but I'm so happy bc I didn't think I'd have a chance. Any interview advice, esp for the asynch part?
HealthyNuts
New Member
Secondary - Oct 2024
Interview - Nov 22, 2024
Acceptance Twin Cities UMN MD - Today (Jan 24)
Good luck to everyone 🙂
Interview - Nov 22, 2024
Acceptance Twin Cities UMN MD - Today (Jan 24)
Good luck to everyone 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bonus points if we can distinguish between campusesanyone have an approximate idea of the percentage of acceptances given out so far?
If you go based on FB groups for the accepted students... currently 37 in Twin Cities group and 8 in Duluth (I think this also includes admin putting the group together)anyone have an approximate idea of the percentage of acceptances given out so far?
This is also just a rough guess because not everyone joins the FB group but I know people used this as an estimate last year
Doing gods work.If you go based on FB groups for the accepted students... currently 37 in Twin Cities group and 8 in Duluth (I think this also includes admin putting the group together)
This is also just a rough guess because not everyone joins the FB group but I know people used this as an estimate last year
Is there any word for St. Cloud?If you go based on FB groups for the accepted students... currently 37 in Twin Cities group and 8 in Duluth (I think this also includes admin putting the group together)
This is also just a rough guess because not everyone joins the FB group but I know people used this as an estimate last year
I have not seen any FB group made for that campus yetIs there any word for St. Cloud?
solarflare1230
Full Member
Can someone tell me what to expect for the asynchronous interview? Is it similar to the KIRA assessment stuff some other schools be doing?
phenolphthalein_pink
Full Member
It's a pretty standard MMI vibe (in my limited experience). They give you an interface to reveal a question, then a few minutes to video record your response. There's also a way to test your audio/video beforehand. Sounds like a fair few people had technical difficulties but Admissions was pretty accomodating; I'll +1 a few folks' recommendations to get the asynch portion done early so you can deal with any issues that come up.Can someone tell me what to expect for the asynchronous interview? Is it similar to the KIRA assessment stuff some other schools be doing?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Can anyone comment on the regular (human, closed file) portion of the interview? How was the vibe? Any tips for me. Thank you.
super chill and friendly with mine! i had a med student and a physician and it was just 5 questions they ask everyone and then we just talked
Thank you.super chill and friendly with mine! i had a med student and a physician and it was just 5 questions they ask everyone and then we just talked
I did, and there was a great discussion with M1-M4's about the school (no admissions present so full honesty). I really enjoyed it and would recommendFor people who have interviewed, did you attend the Driven to Discover presentation/ambassador conversation in the following weeks? Does anyone know if this has an impact on acceptance decisions??
I did, and there was a great discussion with M1-M4's about the school (no admissions present so full honesty). I really enjoyed it and would recommend
How casual/formal is it? Were people wearing interview attire or just casual clothes?
I logged in at work! So, I was wearing scrubs. Seemed like 50/50 on formal vs casual attireHow casual/formal is it? Were people wearing interview attire or just casual clothes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No R or II... OOS with ties to the state
dino_nuggets
Full Member
Congrats!!!! When are the available dates? Also do you know what campus?+1 IS II, submitted 9/12 (i got the invite yesterday)
Thanks!!! It's for the 'regional mission' (apparently, you find out which campus you're going to upon acceptance) and the dates are the first two weeks of FebCongrats!!!! When are the available dates? Also do you know what campus?
dino_nuggets
Full Member
I am in the same boat as you, submitted in August and have not heard anything..... Trying to stay hopeful!Should I be worried if I submitted 8/26 and haven’t heard anything?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
do people who interview in jan-march even have a shot at an A? i was looking at previous years and it didn’t seem great…. just wanna know if i should temper my expectations
As a fellow Jan-Mar interviewee...I hope so! but also, this year was completely different than the other years because pretty much all campuses started interviewing much later than usual (i heard it was because of personnel changes) I believe that they wouldn't offer you an interview if they didn't think you had a shot at an A. The U is interested in you, so all you can really do is try your best!!! You got this!!!do people who interview in jan-march even have a shot at an A? i was looking at previous years and it didn’t seem great…. just wanna know if i should temper my expectations
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
As a fellow Jan-Mar interviewee...I hope so! but also, this year was completely different than the other years because pretty much all campuses started interviewing much later than usual (i heard it was because of personnel changes) I believe that they wouldn't offer you an interview if they didn't think you had a shot at an A. The U is interested in you, so all you can really do is try your best!!! You got this!!!
yeah just hoping it’s different this year like everything else
Im pretty sure they started interviewing quite a bit earlier last year so it could be about a month delayed compared to last yearyeah just hoping it’s different this year like everything else
whereforart
New Member
So do they actually send you a rejection? I was under the impression that you only received word if you were accepted or WL.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
So do they actually send you a rejection? I was under the impression that you only received word if you were accepted or WL.
in past years yeah but with a new dean and potentially new process who knows
Just got placed on the waitlist T_T I was waitlisted last year and then rejected ... hopefully history do not repeat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docdoc3000
Full Member
OOS II this afternoon
sillygoose1749
Full Member
Wait so we just won't hear anything if we are rejected?
I was waitlisted last year...Does anyone know if they would just accept people off the waitlist in March/April? Or is either R or alternate list?
From my understanding, they do not start to pull from waitlist until after admitted students rank their top school choice which is end of April. I heard about rejection on April 29th (I think), but I also believe some people who were at top of WL were pulled and accepted around this time too (without getting on alternate list).
After a few more weeks they then send out the alternate list
That's so much waiting time. It basically forces you to have to gear up for reapplying. A frustrating process.I was waitlisted last year...
From my understanding, they do not start to pull from waitlist until after admitted students rank their top school choice which is end of April. I heard about rejection on April 29th (I think), but I also believe some people who were at top of WL were pulled and accepted around this time too (without getting on alternate list).
After a few more weeks they then send out the alternate list