2024-2025 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know specifically. Last year they were pretty consistently sending invites out 2-3 weeks before the scheduled interview date. I do know that UMN has been struggling with staffing across the board due to budget cuts, and the prior long-standing Associate Dean of Admissions left the program in July. Unfortunately, I would expect additional delays this year.
Do you think the number of interviews they send out will go down this year in comparison to previous years due to the staffing shortages?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much should we trust the tracker? Apparently two people reported receiving interviews but idk, I haven’t heard anything from the ppl I know and I don’t think anyone here has reported anything. What’re our thoughts?
 
How much should we trust the tracker? Apparently two people reported receiving interviews but idk, I haven’t heard anything from the ppl I know and I don’t think anyone here has reported anything. What’re our thoughts?
Im skeptical about it lol. but who knows.
 
How much should we trust the tracker? Apparently two people reported receiving interviews but idk, I haven’t heard anything from the ppl I know and I don’t think anyone here has reported anything. What’re our thoughts?
I saw someone on 9/1 input that they received an II on 9/30 on cycletrack for a school so I choose to take everything with a grain of salt😌
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II. Submitted 8/3, marked complete 8/12. Does anyone know what to expect with asynchronous interviews?
I've done asynchronous interviewing for previous jobs (@ Mayo Clinic). For that, I was given a prompt, had a 1 minute timer to prepare my response, and had 2 attempts to record my response. Not the worst, but certainly not my favorite. I'm glad they do a traditional interview as well.
 
Got my interview invite yesterday! IS, submitted secondary 8/7 and confirmed 8/12. They do an asynchronous interview and then also one on Zoom. If anyone has already interviewed on here, what kind of questions did they ask?? Very excited to have gotten an interview but also very nervous about it now!
Congrats! For those who have received II, out of curiosity what time of day do they send out the emails?
 
Got my interview invite yesterday! IS, submitted secondary 8/7 and confirmed 8/12. They do an asynchronous interview and then also one on Zoom. If anyone has already interviewed on here, what kind of questions did they ask?? Very excited to have gotten an interview but also very nervous about it now!
congrats ! are the asynchronous interview questions submitted prior to the zoom interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MS1 at UMN this year. Will be interviewing candidates this Fall --> Spring. Best of luck to all, and let me know what questions you may/may not have.
idk if you can answer but is the plan to interview for all campuses and then place based on where the candidate is a good fit or how are they doing it this year? Last year they were seperate but same day i believe
 
Last edited: