You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Penn State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
Late Jan early Feb from past SDN threadswhen do we think november interviewees will hear back? I think I interviewed like first week of nov and am still waiting
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Haven't heard anything from them; does anybody know if they still have interview spots open/if they're considering applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dancingpeaches
Full Member
thanks 🙂It’s standardized, so they ask you the 5 questions, maybe a short follow-up. And that’s it. Not conversational at all, but it’s designed that way to eliminate any bias.
i also saw you can't name drop undergrad, i'm assuming is this for everything like research and where you work too....?
and we can only ask 2 questions? is that rly true??
Yes to boththanks 🙂
i also saw you can't name drop undergrad, i'm assuming is this for everything like research and where you work too....?
and we can only ask 2 questions? is that rly true??
Based on past years threads it’s 74. But I think it’d be smart to go with 86 since MSAR says highly competitive applicants are in the mid-80s!! Hope that helps!!!!How many Hershey kisses do I need to eat to get a decision???????
Highly competitive applicants have a blood glucose of over 400Based on past years threads it’s 74. But I think it’d be smart to go with 86 since MSAR says highly competitive applicants are in the mid-80s!! Hope that helps!!!!
And is it a different amount if it’s your last name? 💀How many Hershey kisses do I need to eat to get a decision???????
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
+1 OOS A. Interviewed late November.
Last edited:
IS A!
Sept int. Nothing
greenmountcoffee
Full Member
IS hold
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 10/31 🙂
+1 OOS Hold, interviewed on 11/11. Not surprised since I interviewed pretty poorly that day.
Going to withdraw from further consideration since I got into my instate school! Good luck everyone
Going to withdraw from further consideration since I got into my instate school! Good luck everyone
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
When do they drop merit aid, if at all?
End of March, beginning of April I believeWhen do they drop merit aid, if at all?
GraveOfTheFireflies
Full Member
IS A interviewed 10/31!! anyone have any knowledge about the hershey vs university park track?
2 different campuses. UP is maybe a dozen studentsIS A interviewed 10/31!! anyone have any knowledge about the hershey vs university park track?
WhispyPanda
Full Member
Is there a group me for accepted students?
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
+1 edging email
As someone on the waitlist it honestly almost killed me+1 edging email
lysozome12
Full Member
Can you send them an update or a letter of interest/intent?As someone on the waitlist it honestly almost killed me
I'm pretty sure they do not take updatesCan you send them an update or a letter of interest/intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also curiousIs there a group me for accepted students?
wait we have to pay the deposit now? for my other acceptances, the deposit is only when you commitWasn't clear to me, but for all who were accepted, make sure to pay the deposit in addition to clicking 'accept' on the portal to save your spot. Maybe I'm dumb, but posting this in case it helps another soul
Wasn't clear to me, but for all who were accepted, make sure to pay the deposit in addition to clicking 'accept' on the portal to save your spot. Maybe I'm dumb, but posting this in case it helps another soul
You do not need to pay the deposit right nowwait we have to pay the deposit now? for my other acceptances, the deposit is only when you commit
Edit: It's due on or before May 15th
Last edited:
wait where does it say all of this? interviewing next month and lowkey haven't received any guidelines yet. thank you in advance!thanks 🙂
i also saw you can't name drop undergrad, i'm assuming is this for everything like research and where you work too....?
and we can only ask 2 questions? is that rly true??
I was complete 7/24/24when were you complete?
I think this was the rule for last year, not this year. In my interview they said you could name drop and what not “if you deem it necessary to understanding your application and journey” or something along those lineswait where does it say all of this? interviewing next month and lowkey haven't received any guidelines yet. thank you in advance!
Rubberducky14
Full Member
does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist? I was looking at last year’s page and maybe I’m dense but I couldn’t find anything
dancingpeaches
Full Member
tbh i cant rememeber but i think i read it here but i can't remember it probs says it on the portal as welll, i think my portal explained the details of the 5 q's etc.wait where does it say all of this? interviewing next month and lowkey haven't received any guidelines yet. thank you in advance!
congrats on the invite!!! when are you interviewing?
thank you!! appreciate the clarification too. interviewing mid-feb! hope yours goes/went amazinglytbh i cant rememeber but i think i read it here but i can't remember it probs says it on the portal as welll, i think my portal explained the details of the 5 q's etc.
congrats on the invite!!! when are you interviewing?
Waitlist movement happens at the same time at all MD schools. April 30th onwards.does anyone know when people start getting accepted off the waitlist? I was looking at last year’s page and maybe I’m dense but I couldn’t find anything
Last cycle people got off the waitlist as early as JanuaryWaitlist movement happens at the same time at all MD schools. April 30th onwards.
Yeah, I mean you can always get off earlier but most people are not going to start giving up As until they are required toLast cycle people got off the waitlist as early as January
dancingpeaches
Full Member
thank you!! hope yours goes amazing too!! you got this!!!! 🙂thank you!! appreciate the clarification too. interviewing mid-feb! hope yours goes/went amazingly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
redLobster13
Full Member
completed late August and haven't heard a peephas anyone that was complete in sept gotten any updates
Complete mid August and samecompleted late August and haven't heard a peep
+1Complete mid August and same
lysozome12
Full Member
i sent mine to the student admissions email, make sure you include your AMCAS ID in the email.
Where should we send thank you letters?