You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Penn State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
they might be capping about 6-8 weeks. Last year I saw people interview in early October (maybe even late September) and not hear back till mid Januaryalmost 8 weeks post ii - will i have to wait until dec to hear back?
My app is still on hold, probably wont hear back until after Thanksgiving
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Had a slight error in my primary app where a course was listed with just the number and not the name after verification. I emailed them with clarification and they just replied today saying "you should always double check your application before submitting so you are not sending emails to the schools you applied for." Welp, thanks for that one guys. So much for "reach out with any questions or concerns via email!"
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
The admissions team here is condescending as hell. Thank god I got into another program and can withdrawHad a slight error in my primary app where a course was listed with just the number and not the name after verification. I emailed them with clarification and they just replied today saying "you should always double check your application before submitting so you are not sending emails to the schools you applied for." Welp, thanks for that one guys. So much for "reach out with any questions or concerns via email!"
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
Last edited:
The people who are responding in the email are unlikely to have much sway in your admission decision. You did not screw yourself over by attempting to clarify.Had a slight error in my primary app where a course was listed with just the number and not the name after verification. I emailed them with clarification and they just replied today saying "you should always double check your application before submitting so you are not sending emails to the schools you applied for." Welp, thanks for that one guys. So much for "reach out with any questions or concerns via email!"
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
vladtheimpaler
New Member
Agree with Strattera, but man what an a-hole response. Like the process isn’t stressful enough.
w0ndermed25
Full Member
I was quite taken aback by their reply, not gonna lie. I hope they treat their students better!Agree with Strattera, but man what an a-hole response. Like the process isn’t stressful enough.
drdoodlebob
Full Member
That is SO dramatic of themHad a slight error in my primary app where a course was listed with just the number and not the name after verification. I emailed them with clarification and they just replied today saying "you should always double check your application before submitting so you are not sending emails to the schools you applied for." Welp, thanks for that one guys. So much for "reach out with any questions or concerns via email!"
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
You're fine. The person sending emails just needs a coffee and an attitude adjustment.
they sent me an email
You get a call if you’re getting accepted off the hold listDo they call for an acceptance or just send an email?
dococt25
Full Member
Fr. dont worry their opinions wont make it to the actual adcoms committee🤣That is SO dramatic of them
You're fine. The person sending emails just needs a coffee and an attitude adjustment.
T N
Full Member
That's so rude of them!! I think you're good if the course is only strongly recommended and not required. They prob won't make their acceptance/II decision based on your email, so I wouldnt worry.Had a slight error in my primary app where a course was listed with just the number and not the name after verification. I emailed them with clarification and they just replied today saying "you should always double check your application before submitting so you are not sending emails to the schools you applied for." Welp, thanks for that one guys. So much for "reach out with any questions or concerns via email!"
I only emailed because the course was a strongly recommended one (stats). Did I screw myself over with this??
Rubberducky14
Full Member
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone who interviewed in October has heard anything yet
hopefully.a.future.doctor
New Member
I interviewed 9/23 and haven’t heard a peep :/Hey all! Just wondering if anyone who interviewed in October has heard anything yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T N
Full Member
Same here, applied on a similar date and it's been silentI interviewed 9/23 and haven’t heard a peep :/
Rubberducky14
Full Member
Oh geez. I interviewed 10/7 and just thought the worst but maybe things aren’t so bad lol. Still frustrating to not hear anything yet but better than a rejection I guess. Good luck to you!I interviewed 9/23 and haven’t heard a peep :/
Last years thread showed there were October interviews who didn't hear back till after the new year. Patience is a virtue!Oh geez. I interviewed 10/7 and just thought the worst but maybe things aren’t so bad lol. Still frustrating to not hear anything yet but better than a rejection I guess. Good luck to you!
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
One that I do not have :’(Last years thread showed there were October interviews who didn't hear back till after the new year. Patience is a virtue!
Interviewed 9/16, put on hold. Thoughts on response this coming week?
Response to what? Waitlist movement?Interviewed 9/16, put on hold. Thoughts on response this coming week?
I mean answering the holds, so whether or not its a waitlist a or RResponse to what? Waitlist movement?
That’s a good question, did you check last years threads?I mean answering the holds, so whether or not its a waitlist a or R
Yeah, December 3rd seemed to be the date of acceptances, so we'll seeThat’s a good question, did you check last years threads?
lysozome12
Full Member
I feel like they are going to release some decisions this Friday.
+1 Campus tour Edging email
I freaked out when I saw the email. Was a good reality check of how unhealthy I’ve become+1 Campus tour Edging email
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Anyone know if they're going to send out more II?
lysozome12
Full Member
can today please be the day they share something? It has been soooo long.
When did you interview? I was 10/21 and based on last year threads won't likely get a decision until early jan...can today please be the day they share something? It has been soooo long.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lysozome12
Full Member
9/23 @Strattera
They meet once a month. My guess is we'll hear back before christmas.9/23 @Strattera
lysozome12
Full Member
how do you know they meet once a month?They meet once a month. My guess is we'll hear back before christmas.
A former ad como member visited my schoolhow do you know they meet once a month?
lysozome12
Full Member
thanks for the info. hopefully, we will hear back soon with A's (if not today, then next week please). Good luck to you.A former ad como member visited my school
I so badly want to call and ask when we can anticipate results, but I doubt i'll get a straightforward answer
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Has anyone received a pre-II R? I saw 2 ppl on admit who reported pre-II R's and was just curious if Penn started sending them already
I was curious about this too. It looks like one of the two from yesterday previously reported a waitlist from them (if you scroll down on the penn state tab, their username is listed with "waitlist" back in early November). They never documented when they submitted their secondary or if they got an interview so who knows. The other ones on there I guess are real pre-II rejections, but also it seems odd since in the past they did a mass R in April. Maybe they are missing a pre-req or something?Has anyone received a pre-II R? I saw 2 ppl on admit who reported pre-II R's and was just curious if Penn started sending them already
+2 Edging emails, a double punch whammy, we got no time for this during finals 😑
hittheroad
Full Member
what r the emails? have u already interviewed+2 Edging emails, a double punch whammy, we got no time for this during finals 😑
+2 Edging emails, a double punch whammy, we got no time for this during finals 😑
Yeh, 3 months ago 🙁what r the emails? have u already interviewed
I think they were sent to people who interviewed and responded to a follow-up email that they were interested in touring. That’s what I did.what r the emails? have u already interviewed
The tour dates extend as far as March/April, so I’m sure this will still be available for those who have not yet interviewed
hittheroad
Full Member
aghhh i see. i hope theyre still extending II invitesI think they were sent to people who interviewed and responded to a follow-up email that they were interested in touring. That’s what I did
im not going to make it if they do this a third time 💀+2 Edging emails, a double punch whammy, we got no time for this during finals 😑
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
Some admitted student needs to tell them to chill with these. Nothing like waking up with a jolt to penn stateim not going to make it if they do this a third time 💀
lysozome12
Full Member
they have got to let us know this week. this has been going on for far too long
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VINILOVER123
Full Member
Ur right accepted today lets gooo
hittheroad
Full Member
pre interview?OOS Hold
post!pre interview?
OOS A today at 9:30AM ET. Interviewed 10/14