You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Penn State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats! when were u complete?+1 OOS II! I noted interest in the accelerated MD psychiatry pathway. Does anyone know if that will affect my interview?
lysozome12
Full Member
it doesn't. i think you only get considered for those once you have been accepted to the general MD program+1 OOS II! I noted interest in the accelerated MD psychiatry pathway. Does anyone know if that will affect my interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SkolVikes2024
Full Member
Thanks! Complete on 7/24congrats! when were u complete?
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
OOS post interview hold, interviewed 12/5.
mintchocochip
Full Member
OOS II, complete 7/26
D
deleted1193133
Still haven’t heard anything from this school :/
drdoodlebob
Full Member
it's giving ~~commitment issues~~dang does this school accept anyone? seems like they put everyone on hold 🙁
tankmich2323
New Member
OOS A today and it’s my first MD acceptance! Interviewed 9/30, placed on hold list 12/11, and randomly accepted today. No updates sent.
dancingpeaches
Full Member
OOS post interview hold, interviewed 12/5.
dang does this school accept anyone? seems like they put everyone on hold 🙁
OOS A today and it’s my first MD acceptance! Interviewed 9/30, placed on hold list 12/11, and randomly accepted today. No updates sent.
is hold the same as the wait list??
tankmich2323
New Member
That’s what I originally thought. The email I received had me under the impression that I was on the waitlist and wouldn’t be considered for admission until after April 30th. So needless to say I was pleasantly surprised this morning. I hope others get taken off the hold list soon too 🙏🏻is hold the same as the wait list??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes a hold is their term for waitlist. The majority of movement won’t occur until the spring, but some movement occasionally happens earlier (aka @tankmich2323)is hold the same as the wait list??
OOS A today and it’s my first MD acceptance! Interviewed 9/30, placed on hold list 12/11, and randomly accepted today. No updates sent.
dancingpeaches
Full Member
thank you! i feel like i haven't seen any post II R's or maybe they just haven't been reported but that is super interesting to me ...
may he grant us all acceptances
tankmich2323
New Member
Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
Haven’t seen oneIs there a GroupMe for accepted students?
anyone else get a jump scare when they receive alumni emails? or is it just me?
Also curious. Haven't seen one either. Are they usually made by students and posted here?Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?
WeAreDoctors
New Member
Hey everyone! 👋
I’ve attached the link to the Penn State College of Medicine Class of 2029 Facebook Group for those who have been interviewed, accepted, or are on hold.
Feel free to join the group to start connecting with future classmates and current students, ask questions, and learn more about life at PSCOM!
Congratulations and best of luck! 🎉 Looking forward to welcoming you!
👉 facebook.com/groups/pscomclassof2029
I’ve attached the link to the Penn State College of Medicine Class of 2029 Facebook Group for those who have been interviewed, accepted, or are on hold.
Feel free to join the group to start connecting with future classmates and current students, ask questions, and learn more about life at PSCOM!
Congratulations and best of luck! 🎉 Looking forward to welcoming you!
👉 facebook.com/groups/pscomclassof2029
huskylover123
Full Member
When did you submit your secondary?OOS II today
Nerdbehavior123
Full Member
for those who got an interview, how was it?
Nerdbehavior123
Full Member
How long did you have to wait till you heard back about the decision?very impersonal to be quite honest lol
2 monthsHow long did you have to wait till you heard back about the decision?
Hickfromdasticks
Full Member
Worst interview I have had to be honest. Interviewers are very impersonal and seem to have minimal interest in you and your responses. It felt like I was just answering secondary application questions in front of an audience. In fact, my interviewers were 10 minutes late and cut me off after 20 minutes (supposed to be a 30 minute interview) saying I ran out of time. I am sure yours will go better though.for those who got an interview, how was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyqueen
Full Member
Worst interview I have had to be honest. Interviewers are very impersonal and seem to have minimal interest in you and your responses. It felt like I was just answering secondary application questions in front of an audience. In fact, my interviewers were 10 minutes late and cut me off after 20 minutes (supposed to be a 30 minute interview) saying I ran out of time. I am sure yours will go better though.
did you get rejected?
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
I felt that it was my worst interview and I ended up getting in so keep your chin upWorst interview I have had to be honest. Interviewers are very impersonal and seem to have minimal interest in you and your responses. It felt like I was just answering secondary application questions in front of an audience. In fact, my interviewers were 10 minutes late and cut me off after 20 minutes (supposed to be a 30 minute interview) saying I ran out of time. I am sure yours will go better though.
Hickfromdasticks
Full Member
did you get rejected?
I was placed on the hold list in December
I dont disagree, definitely most impersonal interviewWorst interview I have had to be honest. Interviewers are very impersonal and seem to have minimal interest in you and your responses. It felt like I was just answering secondary application questions in front of an audience. In fact, my interviewers were 10 minutes late and cut me off after 20 minutes (supposed to be a 30 minute interview) saying I ran out of time. I am sure yours will go better though.
Nerdbehavior123
Full Member
Is the class already filled up? I’m interviewing soon and I hope they’re not just interviewing for hold/wait list positions.
Last edited:
Worst interview I have had to be honest. Interviewers are very impersonal and seem to have minimal interest in you and your responses. It felt like I was just answering secondary application questions in front of an audience. In fact, my interviewers were 10 minutes late and cut me off after 20 minutes (supposed to be a 30 minute interview) saying I ran out of time. I am sure yours will go better though.
I viscerally related to both of your comments lol. Out of my six interviews, 4 of which were MMIs, this was by far my worst interview. The questions were very poorly thought out and I had a very difficult time bringing any emotion into answering them.I felt that it was my worst interview and I ended up getting in so keep your chin up
Yes this interview sucked. But I think it was purposefully designed that way to “eliminate bias”.I viscerally related to both of your comments lol. Out of my six interviews, 4 of which were MMIs, this was by far my worst interview. The questions were very poorly thought out and I had a very difficult time bringing any emotion into answering them.
I do know that the current students and essentially all the faculty hate the format tho (coming from one of the student panel people during my interview). So at least we are not alone in our feelings.
Nerdbehavior123
Full Member
So it is more of an MMI interview format regarding the questions?Yes this interview sucked. But I think it was purposefully designed that way to “eliminate bias”.
I do know that the current students and essentially all the faculty hate the format tho (coming from one of the student panel people during my interview). So at least we are not alone in our feelings.
No, it's like a WWE smack down with 2 wrestlers (faculty). Jk, it's like they ask you 5 questions and they do not give any feedback or response, just blank staresSo it is more of an MMI interview format regarding the questions?
I would just go into this interview knowing that you may not receive the feedback you'd like to see or hold a regular conversation with your interviewers. Expect the blank stares, don't get thrown off by it, and lead the way with your responses.nervy for this interview esp given how cold interviewers were it seems for most ppl above. any advice on how to prep if it's not MMI but also closed file? also can we still not name any programs or institutions during the interview?
Last edited:
thank you! appreciate thisI would just go into this interview knowing that you may not receive the feedback or hold a regular conversation with your interviewers. Expect the blank stares, don't get thrown off by it, and lead the way with your responses.
D
deleted1193133
Wondering the same. Wish they would just send me a R at this point so I don’t have to keep waiting😭Are they still sending ii ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hyun Chong
Full Member
+1 II yesterday!
congrats! when were you complete?+1 II yesterday!
I work with Penn State Students to provide scholarship opportunities to medical students through the Army Medical Department. If anyone is interested in possibly apply applying for or wants more information about the program, feel free to DM me!