2024-2025 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TIN[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]] said:
Got the same portal glitch, it now feels real!

Mom can you pick me up, I don’t feel so well…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you guys even remember where that line was on the portal lol
I’m guessing some next level neurotic pre-med (saying a lot coming from me) in past years noticed it and posted about it on sdn and now bc we are aware that was a past glitch everyone pays super close attention to it lol… I doubt most people would notice if we weren’t looking for it haha

To my knowledge the glitch historically happens to people regardless of the decision
 
This is too funny to me. I wish everyone in this thread becomes my future classmate so we can look back at this and laugh

the neurotic pre-meds next year reading this tread
giphy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Screenshot 2025-01-30 at 11.48.36 AM.png

For neurotic people of the future: Previously it had "Your MD application is complete and under review" next to "supplemental application status" and this morning (or late last night, who knows) it moved to the line above.

The consensus is this has happened soon before decisions were released in past years (I think the day before?). It is an extremely neurotic observation that someone noticed in the past so now new neurotic people like us look for it. It seems to happen to every person regardless of their decision.

I feel like its on schedule to be released tomorrow (but who knows ofc), but it just makes everyone anxious bc it feels more *real* that decisions are actually coming...

Best of luck to all ahhhhh! Gonna sleep with my jammies inside out and a spoon under my pillow tonight iykyk
 
IF it helps anyone’s nerves, I’m pushing this forward from last year’s thread about the trend of portal glitches to decision release dates (see pic below). No year has reported decisions the same day as the glitch, so we are very likely to not get decisions until tomorrow. Meaning breathe easy today 🙂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5709.jpeg
    IMG_5709.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 341
IF it helps anyone’s nerves, I’m pushing this forward from last year’s thread about the trend of portal glitches to decision release dates (see pic below). No year has reported decisions the same day as the glitch, so we are very likely to not get decisions until tomorrow. Meaning breathe easy today 🙂
this is too funny🤣 bro made a diagram. Thank you for your service
 
I decided to preemptively compile WL info for Pitt since we will all be asking (I need to get a life):

According to MSAR: number of waitlist positions varies per cycle.
# offers from WL=65
“Applicants are placed on the waitlist depending on committee ranking. Applicants will be taken off the waitlist as seats in the class become available”
Same data (and other school procedures): https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2025-01/MSAR009 - MSAR Waitlist Procedures.pdf

According to cycletrack: Pittsburgh
Last year majority decision was WL
People receive acceptances, rejections, and WL (they don’t put every person on the WL, but do put a lot)
There were reported acceptances May 7 and May 30th last year—so assuming these were off WL.

SDN: First A off WL reported last year appears to have been May 1st

Hoping we don't need this info...but unfortunately the reality is some of us will :/
 
I decided to preemptively compile WL info for Pitt since we will all be asking (I need to get a life):

According to MSAR: number of waitlist positions varies per cycle.
# offers from WL=65
“Applicants are placed on the waitlist depending on committee ranking. Applicants will be taken off the waitlist as seats in the class become available”
Same data (and other school procedures): https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2025-01/MSAR009 - MSAR Waitlist Procedures.pdf

According to cycletrack: Pittsburgh
Last year majority decision was WL
People receive acceptances, rejections, and WL (they don’t put every person on the WL, but do put a lot)
There were reported acceptances May 7 and May 30th last year—so assuming these were off WL.

SDN: First A off WL reported last year appears to have been May 1st

Hoping we don't need this info...but unfortunately the reality is some of us will :/
Now THIS is what deserves appreciation. Yes. Anyone wondering/have an idea on the most impactful time to send a letter of intent if placed on the WL?
 
Now THIS is what deserves appreciation. Yes. Anyone wondering/have an idea on the most impactful time to send a letter of intent if placed on the WL?
I sent one at the end of November I believe. I would say the sooner the better post-WL, but ofc thats a complete guess.
 
thank you, coolest of socks
I decided to preemptively compile WL info for Pitt since we will all be asking (I need to get a life):

According to MSAR: number of waitlist positions varies per cycle.
# offers from WL=65
“Applicants are placed on the waitlist depending on committee ranking. Applicants will be taken off the waitlist as seats in the class become available”
Same data (and other school procedures): https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2025-01/MSAR009 - MSAR Waitlist Procedures.pdf

According to cycletrack: Pittsburgh
Last year majority decision was WL
People receive acceptances, rejections, and WL (they don’t put every person on the WL, but do put a lot)
There were reported acceptances May 7 and May 30th last year—so assuming these were off WL.

SDN: First A off WL reported last year appears to have been May 1st

Hoping we don't need this info...but unfortunately the reality is some of us will :/
 
here's an important question for everyone: how are yall focusing on working right now? i feel sick and cannot focus on my job whatsoever plz send tips 🤢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
here's an important question for everyone: how are yall focusing on working right now? i feel sick and cannot focus on my job whatsoever plz send tips 🤢
Take a few minutes to close your eyes and meditate. I typically hate meditation so I’ve chosen to just repeat a mantra several times until my heart rate slows down. The mantra can be anything you want (religious or affirmative in general) but repeating it calms down the burst of brain activity that anxiety brings
 
I am at peace (though it may not seem like it) that decisions very likely won't come out until tomorrow. I'm also reminding myself that if it is a WL or an R, it is going to suck, but it will be okay. I am a first time applicant who changed to pre-med post-graduation and honestly, I am pretty proud I got this far and everyone else on this thread should be too. A lot of people have to apply multiple cycles, if I get any acceptance I will be unbelievably grateful, and if I don't I'll just have to lock in and reapply like SO many great applicants do (assuming I don't get in anywhere else, there is still time and I am continued review somewhere else). It'll suck and I'll be quite sad, but sometimes things don't go like we want them to. So I say that all to say, my way to not have a complete mental breakdown rn is mentally preparing myself for every situation that could come tomorrow (hence why I compiled WL info, it makes me feel better and maybe it'll help someone else too).
 
I am at peace (though it may not seem like it) that decisions very likely won't come out until tomorrow. I'm also reminding myself that if it is a WL or an R, it is going to suck, but it will be okay. I am a first time applicant who changed to pre-med post-graduation and honestly, I am pretty proud I got this far and everyone else on this thread should be too. A lot of people have to apply multiple cycles, if I get any acceptance I will be unbelievably grateful, and if I don't I'll just have to lock in and reapply like SO many great applicants do (assuming I don't get in anywhere else, there is still time and I am continued review somewhere else). It'll suck and I'll be quite sad, but sometimes things don't go like we want them to. So I say that all to say, my way to not have a complete mental breakdown rn is mentally preparing myself for every situation that could come tomorrow (hence why I compiled WL info, it makes me feel better and maybe it'll help someone else too).
Are you me? Same story (changing to pre-med post-grad, sorta, and on continued review at one other school) Rooting for you! (and everyone here!!)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad