2024-2025 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also shoutout @ClashRoyaleKing, you keeping watch over the portal last night was hella funny😭 you’re the life of this thread. I’m sorry to hear about your Pitt decision but any med school would be lucky to have you and you’re gonna be a DOCTOR regardless
Thanks! The portal probably changed as soon as I went to bed lmao. Good luck everyone with Pitt yall deserve it!
 
Does Pitt give out merit scholarships or aid, or are we expecting to pay full price
They don’t really offer merit, from what I have heard. If you plan on attending, look into state and county level scholarships for med students and other third party scholarships.
 
I already sent an update letter/letter of intent in December. Since I got the WL, do yall think it would be beneficial to send another LOI in like March or April or is that too annoying?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who A'd, i want to apply pitt med- any tips or preparation for team exercise interview?
I wouldn't stress too much about it. Just make sure you let others speak and be respectful. Also just be reasonable with your response and you should be fine. I accidently said NDA instead of DNR and was mortified...but ended up with the A anyways, so just relax and be yourself.
 
Can anyone confirm that there is no place to formally accept the admission offer? I know for other schools there was a button to accept or withdraw but I could not find that on the portal.
 
Can anyone confirm that there is no place to formally accept the admission offer? I know for other schools there was a button to accept or withdraw but I could not find that on the portal.
1738625007277.jpeg

I’m just joking, I’m assuming we hear more in the next email that’s supposed to be sent out soon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys send thank you letters to your PSTP interviewers? My interview was Friday so I know this is already late, but I’ve been freaking out about my performance and wanted to send follow ups about some of the topics I discussed with my interviewers
 
[QUOTE="scarletscrubs[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]], post:]Would love to know this too^ [emoji120][/QUOTE]

I think we have to wait until the nineteenth when AMCAS’ choose your medical school tool opens. Then we can plan to enroll
 
Last edited:
+[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]] physical wl :’)
 
Do you guys think this will affect us in any way? Would it decrease or financial assistance/scholarships?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7398.png
    IMG_7398.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 470
OOS Post-II R... Does anyone know if Pitt provides application feedback for interviewed applicants?
Emailed them today and received this response FYI!:

"While each application is given thorough consideration, committee members do not specifically note areas of strengths or weaknesses for each applicant. We would encourage you to contact your Health Professions advisor for this type of feedback."
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what advantage the prologue to medicine program gives to those who attend? Or how much will we lose out if we skip out on it (given it is optional)? I afraid of missing out on a potentially amazing opportunity.

And does anyone know how/who they select for this program (i know its only 25 max participants - but how do they pick those people)?
 
52 but this is the SDN created one, an official one hasn't been sent out
The Group Mes are always student created, admin does not make or monitor them. Whichever one you have going already will probably become the main chat for your cohort, or at least that's how it has been for all the current students (current M1). When Second Look and orientation get closer some rising M2s will probably ask to be added and drop in to answer questions and share information informally.