You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
they do? has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet?Can’t believe they decide on waitlist movement a month before. gg!
matchapremed
Full Member
i looked at last year's thread and the same thing happened but looks like it was just a weird glitch so there's probably no meaning behind it. last year they didnt pull anyone off the waitlist until may.they do? has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sillygoose1
Full Member
Agreed. That said, it looks like most of those who first noticed it sent letters of intent (me included), and, at different times, ultimately got off 👀 idk if there’s some sort of order effect here or if it’s just a silly coincidence but there’s certainly hope to be had for everyone here!i looked at last year's thread and the same thing happened but looks like it was just a weird glitch so there's probably no meaning behind it. last year they didnt pull anyone off the waitlist until may.
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Does anyone know if they review all the waitlist applicants? Or do they only review certain ones based on internal rankings?
ScoobyCat
New Member
not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that they don't have a ranked waitlist (or at least not when they originally assign people to the waitlist). Then they reevaluate in the spring, so I'm assuming they review everyone with new info like letters taken into account then make decisions about who to admit?Does anyone know if they review all the waitlist applicants? Or do they only review certain ones based on internal rankings?
Same for me- I'd like to think that it means they're starting to review the WL and get things moving but could just be a glitch as others have mentioned🫠And just like that, it's back to the original waitlist message. Sooo...what did u think Pitt? <3
sillygoose1
Full Member
I don't see why it wouldn't mean that--the timing definitely makes sense. Them saying it's a "glitch" could just mean that there's an unintended portal change when they open it for review. However, I still wouldn't expect much movement until MaySame for me- I'd like to think that it means they're starting to review the WL and get things moving but could just be a glitch as others have mentioned🫠
orangchiken
Full Member
I received a call yesterday with a scholarship notificationDo we know when fin aid comes out?
skedaddleduck
Full Member
Omg, merit or need based?I received a call yesterday with a scholarship notification
ShrimpinMD
Full Member
I also just withdrew my app from Pitt. Great school, a really tough choice. I hope someone here can get off the WL
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
fr I hope y’all’s pillow is always cold and you find extra cash in your pocketsBless all who drop their A so that Pitt can accept more from the WL come May. Bless
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
Withdrew an A or WL?I withdrew!
An AWithdrew an A or WL?
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
W. Thanks King.An A
matchapremed
Full Member
I went to the CYMS tool to see if my decision for another school was added, and I noticed that my WL decision date for pitt changed from jan to april, did this happen to anyone else?
mine still says Jan 31, 2025 11:01 AM ETI went to the CYMS tool to see if my decision for another school was added, and I noticed that my WL decision date for pitt changed from jan to april, did this happen to anyone else?
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
I wonder if anyone who didn’t have the “glitch” got off the WL last year, wish I wouldn’t have learned about it now I just feel neurotic and bummed LOL. I so need to touch grass
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
I wonder if anyone who didn’t have the “glitch” got off the WL last year, wish I wouldn’t have learned about it now I just feel neurotic and bummed LOL. I so need to touch grass
i was being crazy and stalking everyone who posted and someone who didn’t have the glitch got off in mid may
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
Doing gods work out there neurokidpop1840 ily and hope you get off the WL🫶i was being crazy and stalking everyone who posted and someone who didn’t have the glitch got off in mid may
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Did anyone else see "under review" in the portal after March 31st when people first noticed it? Just wondering if they're still actively reviewing apps
Invictus1080
Full Member
The review status glitch happened on my portal on March 31st and my CYMS time stamp updated to April 2nd too...does this mean what I think it means...
D
deleted1199420
I can’t even access CYMS tool 🙁
Strawberry_odd
Full Member
My timestamp on the CYMS tool still says Jan 31st😭 I don’t know what to make of this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
Yeah, I am curious about this too. When will we start to hear Wl-->A news?does anyone think there will be waitlist movement this week?
pinklover01
Full Member
Does anyone know if we will be notified if we get off the waitlist? Or do we just have to check the portal everyday haha
I think they notify via emailDoes anyone know if we will be notified if we get off the waitlist? Or do we just have to check the portal everyday haha
Splogies
Full Member
historically (old SDN threads) its only been starting after May 1stYeah, I am curious about this too. When will we start to hear Wl-->A news?
I asked and they said no because they offer best aid upfrontCurious if anyone knows if Pitt matches offers from similarly ranked programs. I'm planning on attending a program that is half the cost (tuition scholarship covering 2/3 of tuition), but am considering asking Pitt if they match. Any advice appreciated 🙂
Strawberry_odd
Full Member
Has anyone else’s date on CYMS or status on the portal changed since the first time people noticed it?
Invictus1080
Full Member
Groupme appears to have 154 members currently :/ are we cooked chat
sillygoose1
Full Member
It's only been one day since April 15--I really dont think this is a bad place to be. There were 140 by April 30 last year and like 60+ admits off the waitlist. I would still bet on decent movement even if the number doesn't drop too much. Another thing is that they're now only offering need-based aid, which I imagine would mean more people withdrawing than other years when they gave merit aid. That said, who knows, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves lolGroupme appears to have 154 members currently :/ are we cooked chat
scarletscrubs13
Full Member
Do we just withdraw in the portal or do we need to email anyone?I withdrew!
D
deleted1125342
It can be good practice regardless of indicated protocol to email the relevant office, usually the admissions/accepted students email (again, not required though).Do we just withdraw in the portal or do we need to email anyone?
sillygoose1
Full Member
Hey waitlisters! Just out of curiosity, have any of those who didn't initially notice a status update on the portal/CYMS since have a change? Wondering if it is an indication of rolling review/if they're still actively reviewing the waitlist
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
Nope still hope it means nothing (I’m delusional🫶)Hey waitlisters! Just out of curiosity, have any of those who didn't initially notice a status update on the portal/CYMS since have a change? Wondering if it is an indication of rolling review/if they're still actively reviewing the waitlist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Splogies
Full Member
BlessWithdrew my A; good luck everyone!
sillygoose1
Full Member
One more week 🫠
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
Till what?View attachment 402550
One more week 🫠
Splogies
Full Member
We can do this 💪View attachment 402550
One more week 🫠