2024-2025 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it less likely to be accepted off the WL without sending a letter of intent? I’ve heard that Pitt values them and I sent them an update letter/letter of interest before decisions but I don’t have any updates to add since. However, I don’t know if it would harm me if I don’t send an LOI post WL decision.
 
Is it less likely to be accepted off the WL without sending a letter of intent? I’ve heard that Pitt values them and I sent them an update letter/letter of interest before decisions but I don’t have any updates to add since. However, I don’t know if it would harm me if I don’t send an LOI post WL decision.
forgive my ignorance but does LOI refer to Letter of interest or intent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it less likely to be accepted off the WL without sending a letter of intent? I’ve heard that Pitt values them and I sent them an update letter/letter of interest before decisions but I don’t have any updates to add since. However, I don’t know if it would harm me if I don’t send an LOI post WL decision.
If they're your top choice I'd send the letter of intent. I sent an update letter/letter of interest in the fall after my interview last cycle and then when I was waitlisted I sent in my letter of intent (no app updates, just declared my undying love and commitment). Eventually made it off the WL in May. I don't know for sure and n=1 but I think it helped and at the least showed continued interest
 
If they're your top choice I'd send the letter of intent. I sent an update letter/letter of interest in the fall after my interview last cycle and then when I was waitlisted I sent in my letter of intent (no app updates, just declared my undying love and commitment). Eventually made it off the WL in May. I don't know for sure and n=1 but I think it helped and at the least showed continued interest
Thank you so much for your response! That is great advice! I didn’t realize earlier that you could send a letter of intent without app updates! Hoping for the best🤞🏽🤞🏽
 
Yoooooo, for my fellow homies soaking up the joys of this WL purgatory, how we doing? how we spending our days? peace and love
 
Did anyone else get a "activate your university of pittsburgh account" email??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the email for my applicant account this morning. Has anyone who received it earlier done anything with it or are we just waiting?
 
For the PCAT program, did anyone catch what date we should be expecting a decision?
 
For the PCAT program, did anyone catch what date we should be expecting a decision?
They told us we should hear the first or second week of March. Really wish they would've given a specific date because I've been neurotically refreshing my email all week🤣 It also probably depends on which specific residency program you interviewed for
 
They told us we should hear the first or second week of March. Really wish they would've given a specific date because I've been neurotically refreshing my email all week🤣 It also probably depends on which specific residency program you interviewed for

Fingers crossed we hear by the end of this week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students know how many of their class got in through WL? And if you got in through WL did you do anything post-decision?
 
Any current students know how many of their class got in through WL? And if you got in through WL did you do anything post-decision?
A lot of people got off through WL, including me in May, so patience. I did send a letter of continued interest in January and then a letter of intent in March.
 
Any current students know how many of their class got in through WL? And if you got in through WL did you do anything post-decision?
I don't know an exact number but I also got off the WL around mid-May. I had sent an update/interest letter in the Fall after my interview, and then after decisions came out and I was WL'd I sent a letter of intent. The wait is rough but hang in there. Things I did that helped keep me from going (too) insane: Closed the rings on my watch every day for 100 days, binged multiple seasons of Love Island UK, thrift shopping, planned and went on a camping/hiking trip. Good luck to everyone waiting!
 
Is it worth sending an update letter (for [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]] posters) now after sending a letter of intent (with other application updates) in early January?

I’d think so
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad