You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scientistabc
Full Member
can we refer to the school as UVSOM?
Cobie
Full Member
they refer to themselves like once as UVA SOM? I also think just UVA would probably work (that's what I did and am hoping it's fine 🙂) )can we refer to the school as UVSOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we supposed to get any sort of confirmation email after submitting the Virginia In-state Educational Privileges form? I just want to know they got it especially since we are getting close to when IIs are sent
CorkDonkey5
Full Member
Are we supposed to get any sort of confirmation email after submitting the Virginia In-state Educational Privileges form? I just want to know they got it especially since we are getting close to when IIs are sent
I called them the day after sending mine and they said they had received it, I never saw a confirmation email
this school and dartmouth are instances I've seen where they have a file upload option for CV/resume. do we need to be uploading that? it doesn't explicitly ask and it lets me submit without uploading a CV/resume.
thanks.
thanks.
OOS II!! Secondary submitted 7/9
RedDevilz99
Full Member
OOS II. Submitted 7/9
bold-and-brash-
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 78, submitted 7/9
Cheese going crazygoat
IS II, LM 74, submitted 7/13!
eggfriedrice
Full Member
congrats! just curious, when did you get the email?IS II, LM 74, submitted 7/13!
around 3-4pm, same time as the other posterscongrats! just curious, when did you get the email?
neurogal718
New Member
What is the best way to approach the second short answer? Is writing a brief description of each activity too much?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thundershock2513
Full Member
Any thoughts on the post II acceptance rate? Looking online, some sources say 78%+, others say it's more like 50/50.
When do yall think when the next IIs will be sent out?
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
+1 OOS. Submitted Secondary.
II? Or you just submitted secondary?
just submitted secondary.II? Or you just submitted secondary?
II from 8/2 (complete 7/10)
Is the secondary portal down for anyone else?
D
deleted1197021
Yep it is down for meIs the secondary portal down for anyone else?
TriviaLover99
Full Member
+1 OOS II yesterday! Complete 7/22
TriviaLover99
Full Member
80.1!Congrats! LM?
sleepwalking
Full Member
No need to send them manually, they should be sent automatically. Just give it a few days to update and reach out to UVA if it does not after a week or so.I just submitted my secondary, and it says my MCAT score wasn't received. Are we supposed to send our scores manually to UVA? I thought it would send automatically from AMCAS
Any other in state applicants still waiting on II? This is stressful 😟
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MikeTrout27
Full Member
I didn't apply to this school since I thought it was out of my MCAT/GPA range (516/3.9), but reading the beginning of this thread, it seems like they are moving to a more holistic approach. Since they are sending out IIs now would it be too late to apply?
pedropedropedro
Full Member
OOS II, complete 7/19, LM 83!
bawba
New Member
My friend was accepted with a 509 last cycle so I think you are more than fine 🙂I didn't apply to this school since I thought it was out of my MCAT/GPA range (516/3.9), but reading the beginning of this thread, it seems like they are moving to a more holistic approach. Since they are sending out IIs now would it be too late to apply?
My friend, I totally understand the worry. However, UVA sends interviews all the way through January! They don’t go in order. Take a look at last year’s data. I drew an arrow to show where we are… and keep in mind CycleTrack likely has an earlier interview bias.if we submitted the secondary the first day it came out and haven't heard back yet, does that most likely mean we've been passed over here? I really like the school 🙁
scientistabc
Full Member
yo what’s going on here
www.cavalierdaily.com
U.Va. Health faculty demand removal of health system CEO, School of Medicine dean
The letter states that leaders in U.Va. Health have dismissed, punished and silenced those who have followed U.Va. reporting protocols.
If i am uploading an update letter, what do I put down as the "document name" in the portal
SoftBoiled
New Member
OOS II, LM 82, complete 7/20
D
deleted1116227
OOS II, complete first week of aug
It caught us off guard too, honestly. The complaints are limited to some of the surgical specialties and most of the departments had no idea about them. But they are doing an investigation to find out if theres any legitimacy to them. Regardless, this applies more to the main hospital / residency program & none of this will affect your education here. The SOM is crazy crazy supportive and the education I've received here so far is world-class.yo what’s going on here
![]()
U.Va. Health faculty demand removal of health system CEO, School of Medicine dean
The letter states that leaders in U.Va. Health have dismissed, punished and silenced those who have followed U.Va. reporting protocols.www.cavalierdaily.com
Also want to quickly drop that from my class onwards (2028), this school has shifted to P/F clinicals. Our preclinical is already true P/F (no internal ranking) and now the clinical is following suit. From my research, its a good thing for top schools to do this because it takes stress off the students. And it won't hurt for residency applications because UVA is a top program. The clinical grades will be P/F with an opportunity to earn a clinical distinction and/or an academic distinction.
D
deleted1125342
Just to confirm, are these group interviews? It says on the portal we have 2 interview slots which makes it look more like non-group interviews but their site says we'll be in groups of 6-8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
Oops shoulda said above, +1 II OOS today LM 77 submitted 7/9were there no IIs sent out today?
RedDevilz99
Full Member
It’s 2 1-on-1 interviews. Mine were both with faculty.
D
deleted1125342
Interesting, thank you. They should prob update this part of the page then LOLIt’s 2 1-on-1 interviews. Mine were both with faculty.
BillyBob137
New Member
Actually I think what they mean is 6-8 applicants per interview day. My info session had 8 students in it prior to the interview.Interesting, thank you. They should prob update this part of the page then LOLView attachment 392811
D
deleted1125342
That makes sm more sense thankuuActually I think what they mean is 6-8 applicants per interview day. My info session had 8 students in it prior to the interview.