You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1197021
I GOT THE A!! IS LM 77
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
starshine177
Full Member
+1 OOS A 🙂)
OOS A!! First A of the cycle and was one of my favorites
Alt listed 😔
pedropedropedro
Full Member
OOS A! received just now!
OOS A interviewed 9/4! Gonna cry this is fantastic
D
deleted1180326
is the acceptance confirmation email (the one you get after accepting the spot via the portal) not updated for anyone else? mine has info for the class of 2028 including that facebook link lol
Let’s fricking GO!!! I knew it wouldn’t be long for a cheesy dub!OOS A interviewed 9/4! Gonna cry this is fantastic
UVA simply couldn’t resist your Twi’lek charms 😎OOS A!! First A of the cycle and was one of my favorites
Dr. Bold and Brash has an irresistible ring to itOOS A!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS
! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
According to their website:Did any of the A’s interview really recently? Seeing in the thread from last year that they had a <1 week turnaround on decisions after Oct 15th. I interviewed earlier this week and was wondering if I need to be scared tomorrow haha
- The Admissions Committee meets each Friday to discuss the qualifications of each applicant interviewed that week. The committee then votes on which applicants will be offered admission.
- Decision letters are typically mailed within the week of interview after October 15th.
LET’S GO!!! Hell yes manOOS A. First one so super excited!
D
deleted1180326
is the information about the P/F clinicals public? cant seem to find that, thanks!It caught us off guard too, honestly. The complaints are limited to some of the surgical specialties and most of the departments had no idea about them. But they are doing an investigation to find out if theres any legitimacy to them. Regardless, this applies more to the main hospital / residency program & none of this will affect your education here. The SOM is crazy crazy supportive and the education I've received here so far is world-class.
Also want to quickly drop that from my class onwards (2028), this school has shifted to P/F clinicals. Our preclinical is already true P/F (no internal ranking) and now the clinical is following suit. From my research, its a good thing for top schools to do this because it takes stress off the students. And it won't hurt for residency applications because UVA is a top program. The clinical grades will be P/F with an opportunity to earn a clinical distinction and/or an academic distinction.
oos II complete early august LM 82
It probably isn't public yet - it was JUST voted on and it'll only apply to my class and future classes including y'all (Class of 2027 will have to proceed with A/B/C/D). But its been voted on and a decision has been made - now they're working to figure out the kinks and details.is the information about the P/F clinicals public? cant seem to find that, thanks!
Even without any "official" announcement, I would come in with the expectation that its P/F completely. Big congratulations to everyone that was accepted to THE best medical school. I'm here if there are any questions in making your final decision (I too chose UVA from many other options but have no regrets). Or if you have any other questions about the school. Make sure you follow uvaschoolofmedicine on Instagram—they do student takeovers and FAQs for admitted students so that you can learn more about student life at UVA.
How did you find financial aid to be?It probably isn't public yet - it was JUST voted on and it'll only apply to my class and future classes including y'all (Class of 2027 will have to proceed with A/B/C/D). But its been voted on and a decision has been made - now they're working to figure out the kinks and details.
Even without any "official" announcement, I would come in with the expectation that its P/F completely. Big congratulations to everyone that was accepted to THE best medical school. I'm here if there are any questions in making your final decision (I too chose UVA from many other options but have no regrets). Or if you have any other questions about the school. Make sure you follow uvaschoolofmedicine on Instagram—they do student takeovers and FAQs for admitted students so that you can learn more about student life at UVA.
I'm another M1 and out of all of the schools I was accepted to, UVA's financial aid was by far the best, making it cheaper than my in-state public school. They're especially great with need-based aid, which may include some loans that are interest-free while you're in school on top of the generous scholarships they give out.How did you find financial aid to be?
What do you mean by generous scholarships? Merit? How much?I'm another M1 and out of all of the schools I was accepted to, UVA's financial aid was by far the best, making it cheaper than my in-state public school. They're especially great with need-based aid, which may include some loans that are interest-free while you're in school on top of the generous scholarships they give out.
D
deleted1197021
Do any admitted students know if we are supposed to do anything with the SIS info we got? I am so excited 😍
forumskeptic
Full Member
I think (correct me if I’m wrong pls) that this might include where we submit fin aid forms for institutional aid. I may be confusing it with another school but I’m going to look into it soonDo any admitted students know if we are supposed to do anything with the SIS info we got? I am so excited 😍
forumskeptic
Full Member
Just got an email about this actually ^ you do need to do stuff on the SIS for the financial aid application!
Does anyone see the financial aid application on SIS? My Financial Center page is empty
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1180326
yeah i dont see the "apply for financial aid" optionDoes anyone see the financial aid application on SIS? My Financial Center page is empty
I'm getting $35k a year in need-based scholarships plus $10k a year in loans that are interest free during my time here, idk how merit is hereWhat do you mean by generous scholarships? Merit? How much?
dazed&confused24
Full Member
OOS A today!
Last edited:
D
deleted1116227
OOS A today! interviewed yesterday so this is crazy
BillyBob137
New Member
They wanted you BAD broOOS A today! interviewed yesterday so this is crazy
I'm getting $35k a year in need-based scholarships plus $10k a year in loans that are interest free during my time here, idk how merit is here
i'm getting the same exact need-based scholarships! The 10k interest-free loans are particularly great. They also do some merit scholarships (read past threads for more info on those).
Last edited:
I wasn't able to find much info in the last two years worth of threads, just that nobody gets full tuition merit aid. Do you know which year includes info on merit aid?i'm getting the same exact need-based scholarships! The 10k interest-free loans are particularly great. They also do some merit scholarships (read past threads for more info on those).
i'm not sure, its not disclosed very heavily. All I know that its given to exceptional students at the very end of the cycle and like you already mentioned, full rides aren't given. But merit + need may essentially end up being a full ride. From what I know, they consider your entire application including GPA/MCAT/ECs.I wasn't able to find much info in the last two years worth of threads, just that nobody gets full tuition merit aid. Do you know which year includes info on merit aid?
D
deleted1125342
Thanks for all your help throughout this thread. By end of cycle do you mean like April/May?i'm not sure, its not disclosed very heavily. All I know that its given to exceptional students at the very end of the cycle and like you already mentioned, full rides aren't given. But merit + need may essentially end up being a full ride. From what I know, they consider your entire application including GPA/MCAT/ECs.
wuuuushhh
Full Member
Has there been any update on this since?It probably isn't public yet - it was JUST voted on and it'll only apply to my class and future classes including y'all (Class of 2027 will have to proceed with A/B/C/D). But its been voted on and a decision has been made - now they're working to figure out the kinks and details.
Even without any "official" announcement, I would come in with the expectation that its P/F completely. Big congratulations to everyone that was accepted to THE best medical school. I'm here if there are any questions in making your final decision (I too chose UVA from many other options but have no regrets). Or if you have any other questions about the school. Make sure you follow uvaschoolofmedicine on Instagram—they do student takeovers and FAQs for admitted students so that you can learn more about student life at UVA.
Yep, you can read past threads to see when people got theirs but they don't give it out until they have offered out all AsThanks for all your help throughout this thread. By end of cycle do you mean like April/May?
There probably will not be any updates regarding this for a while. If there are, I'll let y'all know. I know that First Look is coming up so make sure you ask plenty of questions regarding that there. Also follow the Instagram and ask the students during the takeovers (every Tuesday / Wednesday) about it if you have questions. But again, you should come in with the expectation that it will be entirely P/F.Has there been any update on this since?
D
deleted1125342
Accepted (OOS)! Literally interviewed yesterday so this is CRAZY.
Absolutely loved the interview day and I could tell these interviewers were truly trying to be conversational.
Absolutely loved the interview day and I could tell these interviewers were truly trying to be conversational.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
completely optionalIs the Student Hosting meeting mandatory before the interview? I just noticed that they want us to send an email two weeks before our interview date, but I'm interviewing next week so I don't expect them to be able to meet on such a short notice.
OOS A!!! Love the school so much! Their presentation was so impressive and the interviewers so nice 😍
D
deleted1197021
Congrats! Its such a great school 😀OOS A!!! Love the school so much! Their presentation was so impressive and the interviewers so nice 😍
PreDeltaMed
Full Member
My Second Acceptance is Here!! I literally just interviewed with them yesterday so I am super surprised to get a response so soon! I am also OOS!
You and me at second look in a few months!!Congratulations! I was also immensely impressed with their program.
Congratulations to you as well!