You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Western Michigan (Stryker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TheHelper74
Full Member
+1 OOS phone II this morning. any advice on how to prepare from people who have already done theirs?
Congrats! Will you share when you submitted and your LM?
complete 07/13 LM 70ishCongrats! Will you share when you submitted and your LM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MikeTrout27
Full Member
How can you determine whether you are under "experience review?" On the status tab of my portal there doesn't seem to be anything mentioning that
It should be an email. I have been in the queue since August 1st.How can you determine whether you are under "experience review?" On the status tab of my portal there doesn't seem to be anything mentioning that
MikeTrout27
Full Member
Oh gotcha, so there's nothing in the portal mentioning it? Then i've also been in queue since 8/1 lolIt should be an email. I have been in the queue since August 1st.
Once you get the email that you are now under experience review, your status changes in the portalOh gotcha, so there's nothing in the portal mentioning it? Then i've also been in queue since 8/1 lol
+1 in consideration for phone interview
It took me about 4 days to proceed from experience review to phone consideration and then another 6 days to receive phone II.Did anyone who entered the experience review stage last week get a notification this week regarding a phone interview consideration?
8/12 experience review --> 8/16 phone consideration --> 8/22 phone II
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
my experience review took 1 hour before I was under consideration for phone interview and now it’s been over a month. Their timeline is annoying lol. I think they forgot about meIt took me about 4 days to proceed from experience review to phone consideration and then another 6 days to receive phone II.
8/12 experience review --> 8/16 phone consideration --> 8/22 phone II
Under consideration for phone interview today. Experience review 8/16 and complete 7/23
You could practice MMI scenarios, but the questions were quite random/different. For the most part, the interviewers are gauging your ability to think on your feet, characteristics, etc. I did not prepare for it and thought it went well.+1 OOS phone II this morning. any advice on how to prepare from people who have already done theirs?
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
That was certainly a funky interview, I see what y'all mean now lol. Kinda fun though
Is there any way to really prepare? I have mine later this week.That was certainly a funky interview, I see what y'all mean now lol. Kinda fun though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
The biggest thing I can say is take a deep breath before you answer the phone, and be yourself. They genuinely want to get to know you as a person and what you value, so focus on being true to who you are and your story. Write some focused points related to that at the top of your paper to ground yourself. Overall, my interviewer was very nice, they made me feel comfortable about the process, and my interview lasted the whole 30 minutes. There's also a reddit thread that is helpful, but don't focus too much on over-preparing, it will honestly just make you more nervous and rigid for their questions. You got this!!Is there any way to really prepare? I have mine later this week.
Last edited:
MikeTrout27
Full Member
same for meMoved to experience review this morning, submitted 8/1.
submitted 8/10, moved to experience review 8/12, under consideration for phone interview 8/26
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
They filter at each step. Some people won't go to under consideration for phone interview.Does everyone go to "under consideration for phone interview" or do they filter as they go from one stage to the next? i.e some ppl get II hold after experience review
Not entirely sure but if an applicant didn't meet their standards during experience review I find it hard to imagine they would consider them for a phone interview.Does everyone go to "under consideration for phone interview" or do they filter as they go from one stage to the next? i.e some ppl get II hold after experience review
Thank you! Figured they filter at every step, but wanted some confirmation.They filter at each step. Some people won't go to under consideration for phone interview.
GooseGirl24
New Member
+1 phone II 8/27, experience review complete 8/17, submitted 8/6
In queue for Experience Review since August 1st. Pretty much an R at this point?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
In queue for Experience Review since August 1st. Pretty much an R at this point?
nah. my experience review was from 7/15-8/13, about a month before i got moved to consideration for phone ii
+1. It’s been a while that I’ve been sitting on phone consideration now too…nah. my experience review was from 7/15-8/13, about a month before i got moved to consideration for phone ii
My neuroticism is getting to me. Submitted 8/2 and haven't heard a peep since then... OOS, no ties, LM 73.9
Well you also submitted like nearly a month after us so don’t get too neurotic lolMy neuroticism is getting to me. Submitted 8/2 and haven't heard a peep since then... OOS, no ties, LM 73.9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My neuroticism is getting to me. Submitted 8/2 and haven't heard a peep since then... OOS, no ties, LM 73.9
Don’t worry, I submitted early-mid July and I haven’t even gotten to experience review. Things will work out, hopefully
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I prob sound like a broken record but under consideration for phone interview since mid July. Seems like there isn’t any formula here, so just stick with it until we hear something.Don’t worry, I submitted early-mid July and I haven’t even gotten to experience review. Things will work out, hopefully
OOS Phone II 8/27! Complete 7/10, experiences review 7/29, consideration for phone interview 8/16
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
LM?OOS Phone II 8/27! Complete 7/10, experiences review 7/29, consideration for phone interview 8/16
VanGoghGeneEnthusiast
Full Member
Completed the phone interview the other day. Definitely unique. To anyone unsure how to prepare, just practice typical interview questions. The rest is thinking on your feet that you really can't prepare for. The reddit post is helpful too.
icedmatchalatte
Full Member
has anyone still not even undergone experience review? completed 7/10 🙁
No, I was rejected last year after staying on that stage for approximately three monthsDoes basically everyone get a phone interview if they are under consideration for one?
neuroscinerd34
Full Member
Around 4500 applicants (historically) --> ~800 phone IIs --> ~450 virtual IIsDoes basically everyone get a phone interview if they are under consideration for one?
What_Did_Zarathustra_Say
Full Member
In the same boat here btw, LM ~75 for me and submitted 8/1; OOS and no ties. Hope we both hear back soon 😢My neuroticism is getting to me. Submitted 8/2 and haven't heard a peep since then... OOS, no ties, LM 73.9
I just got the experience review email. Hopefully you'll get one soon too!In the same boat here btw, LM ~75 for me and submitted 8/1; OOS and no ties. Hope we both hear back soon 😢
I hope this email finds you well! Our goal throughout this admissions cycle is to be as transparent as possible, to keep you up-to-date of your status, where we are in the admissions process, and to do those things monthly. With that being said, your application is currently in queue to be reviewed by our experience reviewers.I got another email telling me I'm in queue for experience review, despite getting an email saying I'm under experience review over a month ago. What are we doing here homies
medstudent2025
Full Member
Me too. I submitted on 7/22. Not feeling the most optimisticI hope this email finds you well! Our goal throughout this admissions cycle is to be as transparent as possible, to keep you up-to-date of your status, where we are in the admissions process, and to do those things monthly. With that being said, your application is currently in queue to be reviewed by our experience reviewers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudent2025
Full Member
Yes me. OOS and submitted 7/22has anyone still not even undergone experience review? completed 7/10 🙁
MikeTrout27
Full Member
got email saying under consideration for phone interview
TheHelper74
Full Member
got email saying under consideration for phone interview
Congrats! How long were you under experience review?
Just got another email about being under phone interview consideration for the second time nearly a month after the initial…seems to be a pre interview hold saying I’ve been reviewed and will be reviewed again at every admissions meeting
-_-
This process is so depressing and draining
-_-
This process is so depressing and draining
MikeTrout27
Full Member
Congrats! How long were you under experience review?
about a week