2025-2026 Case Western Reserve

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 Case Secondary Prompts

1. Greatest Challenge: The Admissions Committee is interested in gaining more insight into you as a person. Please describe a significant personal challenge you have faced, one which you feel has helped to shape you as a person. Examples may include a moral or ethical dilemma, a situation of personal adversity, or a hurdle in your life that you worked hard to overcome. Please include how you got through the experience, how you handled the uncertainty or stress, and what you learned about yourself as a result. (2,000 character limit)

2. Personal Growth: Based on your current maturity and wisdom, reflect upon an experience from the past few years that you would handle differently today. (1,000 character limit)

3. Context of Care: Social and structural factors can influence health outcomes and impact how healthcare is delivered within communities. Briefly describe an experience that has broadened your perspective or increased your understanding of people whose life experiences, backgrounds, or circumstances may differ from your own. How did this experience shape your views on health, healthcare access, and/or healthcare delivery? (1,500 character limit)

4. Gap Year(s) if applicable: If you will have a time gap between college graduation and medical school matriculation, please tell us why you made this decision and what you will be doing or have done during this time. (1,000 character limit)

Optional Responses:​

1. Research/Scholarly Work: One of the four pillars of the Western Reserve2 Curriculum is Research and Scholarship. Although research is not a prerequisite requirement for the University Program, if you have participated in research or other scholarly project (capstone project, honors thesis, etc.), please reflect on the experience, including how you learned from it, what challenged you, and how it may have impacted you educationally and professionally. If you have not completed research or scholarly project, please indicate that in the text box below. (2,500 character limit)
  • If the details of your project are included elsewhere in your application no need to repeat them here. We are interested in learning what you took away from the experience(s).
  • If you are applying to both the University Program and the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Program, the research response will default to the Lerner College Program required response.
2. Additional Information Response: Is there any further information that you wish to share with the Admissions Committee that may not be captured in the rest of your application? (2,000 character limit)


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

The research essay has 3,500 character limits, instead of 2,500.
 
if we apply to Lerner, are we considred for UP only if we get rejected from Lerner, or are we read for both programs simultaneously?

edit: mb just saw @chilly_md post
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
am i screwed if i go past their recommended 14 day limit? i just got around to finishing it and I realized I'm more than 14 days. should I still bother submitting
 
am i screwed if i go past their recommended 14 day limit? i just got around to finishing it and I realized I'm more than 14 days. should I still bother submitting
No, you're fine. See earlier in the thread where a member from admissions responds. It's not a hard deadline, but a suggestion. If you went multiple months with it, then yes, that'd be noticeable, but otherwise it's still worth submitting.
 
@CWRU.Sman or anyone else who knows, if we are applying to Lerner and CWRU, is it recommended that we use different answers to the prompts?
 
Case Western says it is a Canadian friendly school. Though not many international students matriculated or interviewed last cycle. Are Canadian students considered international or out of state?
 
For the Research/Scholarly Work prompt, what types of projects can be appropriate for this topic? They list some examples in the prompt, but I haven't done any of those. I did complete a literature review in my nutrition class and I have created some instructional materials for this organization I am involved in (I helped create workshops for religious centers). Would either of these 2 examples work for this prompt?
 
For the Research/Scholarly Work prompt, what types of projects can be appropriate for this topic? They list some examples in the prompt, but I haven't done any of those. I did complete a literature review in my nutrition class and I have created some instructional materials for this organization I am involved in (I helped create workshops for religious centers). Would either of these 2 examples work for this prompt?
Hi! I think you could discuss the literature review in this question.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@CWRU.Sman
Are interviews also considered on a rolling basis? Would selecting an earlier interview date be beneficial, or are all interviewees within a certain timeframe generally considered at the same time? If there is such a time frame, are you able to disclose what that is? I'm trying to select an interview date that aligns with my work schedule, and this information would be very helpful to know. Thank you!
 
@CWRU.Sman
Are interviews also considered on a rolling basis? Would selecting an earlier interview date be beneficial, or are all interviewees within a certain timeframe generally considered at the same time? If there is such a time frame, are you able to disclose what that is? I'm trying to select an interview date that aligns with my work schedule, and this information would be very helpful to know. Thank you!
Pick a day that works for you. Don't worry about the timing of when you're having your interview day. We maintain a fair and equitable process whether you're interviewing in September or February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations. BTW, when did you submit your secondary? I got secondary invite on 06/30 and submitted on 7/22 still waiting to hear back. LM is 77.5 and I am OOS.
Please be patient. It takes us a long time to get through applications. We're also on the verge of seeing another record year in application submissions to our school. We're reviewing as fast as we can while also being thorough in our reviews.
 
Please be patient. It takes us a long time to get through applications. We're also on the verge of seeing another record year in application submissions to our school. We're reviewing as fast as we can while also being thorough in our reviews.
Are you reviewing applications in the order of their submission date? I submitted July 18th.
 
Congratulations. BTW, when did you submit your secondary? I got secondary invite on 06/30 and submitted on 7/22 still waiting to hear back. LM is 77.5 and I am OOS.
given there's a CWRU rep in the thread, that's a lot of info to give out lmao. Both dates and an exact LizzyM. There's only 8 combos that give that result and half of them are unrealistic pairings
 
given there's a CWRU rep in the thread, that's a lot of info to give out lmao. Both dates and an exact LizzyM. There's only 8 combos that give that result and half of them are unrealistic pairings
To be fair, you probably only have to worry about doxxing yourself if you don't conduct yourself professionally under your username. I imagine they know we are all a little data-starved here.
 
Is there a way to know if we are being re-reviewed? I submitted 7/22 and haven't heard back. Kust curious! Sorry for the questions, it is my first time applying and I am learning about it as I go!
I’m honestly not sure, I just know that you’ll def hear if you get rejected lol. I also submitted 7/22 so I’m assuming some info should be coming ur way soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please be patient. It takes us a long time to get through applications. We're also on the verge of seeing another record year in application submissions to our school. We're reviewing as fast as we can while also being thorough in our reviews.
Thank you very much.