2025-2026 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can we leave this question blank?

Q2) Please discuss any part of your application that you feel requires further explanation. For example, discuss grades or MCAT scores that do not reflect your true ability, and/or a gap in time that is not explained elsewhere in your application. Discuss any impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your academic, service, extracurricular or employment experiences.If you are reapplying to T.H. Chan SOM, highlight how you have strengthened your application.(250 word limit)(

EDIT: You cannot, it won't let you submit, I assume this means it's just a normal tell us something more essay and not asking for any additional hardships.
 
Last edited:
Can we leave this question blank?

Q2) Please discuss any part of your application that you feel requires further explanation. For example, discuss grades or MCAT scores that do not reflect your true ability, and/or a gap in time that is not explained elsewhere in your application. Discuss any impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on your academic, service, extracurricular or employment experiences.If you are reapplying to T.H. Chan SOM, highlight how you have strengthened your application.(250 word limit)
I didn't
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth submitting the secondary right now, or waiting till my preview score is released at the end of the month?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 7/20, IS, and haven’t gotten an II. I’ve seen people submit around/after me get interviews on admit. Should I assume they looked at my app/I won’t get an interview? Anyone in a similar boat😫
Admit is self report so take it w a grain of salt
 
Hey everyone, I am totally confused by this part: "Read each question carefully and be mindful of the word limits noted before you answer. MD applicants must answer questions 1, 2, 4 and 6 while MD/PhD applicants must also answer question 7. Questions 3 and 5 are options but should be answered if you participated in a UMass Chan Medical/Baystate sponsored program and if you are taking/took gap time respectively."

I am applying MD. When they refer to questions 1, 2, 4, and 6, are they referring to the general questions or the prompts numbered under question 1? I was under the assumption that, for question 1, we could just choose which three prompts we wanted to answer out of #2-#7. Would appreciate the clarification.
 
Hey everyone, I am totally confused by this part: "Read each question carefully and be mindful of the word limits noted before you answer. MD applicants must answer questions 1, 2, 4 and 6 while MD/PhD applicants must also answer question 7. Questions 3 and 5 are options but should be answered if you participated in a UMass Chan Medical/Baystate sponsored program and if you are taking/took gap time respectively."

I am applying MD. When they refer to questions 1, 2, 4, and 6, are they referring to the general questions or the prompts numbered under question 1? I was under the assumption that, for question 1, we could just choose which three prompts we wanted to answer out of #2-#7. Would appreciate the clarification.
I believe they are refering the general questions, so you should respond to question #1 (prompt #1 and your choice of three from 2-7), AND questions 2, 4, and 6
 
I hate how bad the portal is - all my em dashes/quotes/apostophes changed into question marks after submission. Hopefully this doesn't cause a problem😅 Anyone else deal with this?
 
Is anyone else having trouble creating a password and logging in? The userid is just last initial, first initial, last name right? I'm not sure if it's just that chrome and safari both don't work, or I'm missing something obvious
 
Is anyone else having trouble creating a password and logging in? The userid is just last initial, first initial, last name right? I'm not sure if it's just that chrome and safari both don't work, or I'm missing something obvious
Yes it's not working for me, using the userid they gave me in the email.
 
Did anybody else have issues setting up their uMass secondary portal? I clicked "Forgot password" and entered my user ID in, but nothing loads or pops up...unsure what to do!
 
do yall think it would still be worth it to submit my secondary today as an OOS student? i feel like im really late and they already prefer in state, don’t really want to waste money if i have no chance
 
do yall think it would still be worth it to submit my secondary today as an OOS student? i feel like im really late and they already prefer in state, don’t really want to waste money if i have no chance
You’re not that late. It’s before Labor Day. I say submit
 
I'm also having difficulty with creating an account, I used the userID they gave me in the email but when I click forgot password, put in the username, and click continue, it just doesn't progress onto the next screen lol. Seems like a lot of others are having the same issue, but are their systems just down or was there a deadline to create an account that I missed and now I can't apply at all?
It isn't progressing to the security question step of their instructions right? I'm not sure if I should ask them or just hope it's a system error. It's been like this for a few days though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 9th! and i said yes to AI attestation
IMG_3203.webp
 
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I sent my primary to them weeks ago and havent gotten anything (also an instate applicant)
 
hi all would it still be worth it to submit this secondary by tmrw? i am oos and have had the secondary since july oops..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm finding the AI questions on the secondary a bit confusing. I didn't use any AI at all for this secondary, would I select no for both questions? Or something different?
 
I'm finding the AI questions on the secondary a bit confusing. I didn't use any AI at all for this secondary, would I select no for both questions? Or something different?
Yes one is if you used ai for the entire thing and one is AI to edit grammar and stuff.