2025-2026 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y'all know how seriously they are taking the PREview score? Mine was a 18th percentile 🙁 no interview invite yet as in-state applicant, but I have 3 interviews elsewhere. Something tells me they are using the PREview score to rank applicants maybe, bc the rest of my app is good enough to get interviews at Jeff and BU...
 
Do y'all know how seriously they are taking the PREview score? Mine was a 18th percentile 🙁 no interview invite yet as in-state applicant, but I have 3 interviews elsewhere. Something tells me they are using the PREview score to rank applicants maybe, bc the rest of my app is good enough to get interviews at Jeff and BU...
Don’t know how serious it is but if it helps I had a 9 and didn’t get an II last year
 
Is anyone else having trouble with the portal? Got my II around 3 PM yesterday and initially could see the interview slot options, but now when I go in the interview page shows up but with no slots. I’m terrified that they accidentally sent me the II 😭😭😭😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else having trouble with the portal? Got my II around 3 PM yesterday and initially could see the interview slot options, but now when I go in the interview page shows up but with no slots. I’m terrified that they accidentally sent me the II 😭😭😭😭
This is happening to me too! I've emailed them but not yet heard back. I'm assuming that because I got to the portal a few hours after the email, they've filled the slots that were up and may just need to add more?
 
This is happening to me too! I've emailed them but not yet heard back. I'm assuming that because I got to the portal a few hours after the email, they've filled the slots that were up and may just need to add more?
UGH does that mean the slots are gonna be in like March??? They were already starting in January this is so bad 😭
 
Anybody have had track specific interviews yet? I got a II mid-September but my only option was December/January… I’m guessing they are interviewing top candidates sooner?
yeah my interview is mid november for the tracks and got the invite in early september. Honestly not sure, but I had to send them an email because I checked right when the invite came and they had no dates at all
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my opinion i’d prefer the current IS interview to acceptance ratio because while they may not interview that many, those who do get interviews in state know they have a fair chance at acceptance. I’m OOS and interviewed and seeing the ratio of 628 interviewees with only around 80 OOS As stresses me out haha
Just wanted to reply to this, but the amount of OOS A are probably a lot higher than 80, but since it is OOS, there are a lot less people that decide to go to UMASS and pay the OOS tuition.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah my interview is mid november for the tracks and got the invite in early september. Honestly not sure, but I had to send them an email because I checked right when the invite came and they had no dates at all
So have you had your regular interview already and waiting for the track specific one. Also can I ask what track you are applying for?
 
Thank you, and you too!! Thanks for keeping me calm haha. I still am not able to schedule, have you been able to? Nobody’s responding to my emails.
Thanks! You're welcome! This whole thing is so stressful lol. No I have not. I called today and left a voicemail (frankly I now regret that). Seems they're still working on it...I think at this point since it's happening still for multiple people that we just wait and report back when something changes 😬🤞
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Their secondary app deadline is 12/1. Better a chance than no chance. Call them, see whats up, and submit the secondary
I emailed them earlier in the week and they said that my application is currently under review, but they are doing more in depth reviews of primary applications this cycle. I guess I’ll give myself until 11/31 to have hope.