Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My timeline so far:
July 30- email stating primary received, wait for secondary
July 31- email stating primary reviewed, invitation for completing secondary
August 4- secondary completed and submitted. Fee paid
August 6- email notification of application received, being considered for admission
August 15- email notification of application complete

The one from August 15 looks like this:
Dear dsoz,
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine has received your supplemental application and fee, essays, and letters of recommendation. Your application package is now complete and is in review by the Admissions Committee who will select qualified students for on-site interviews. If selected for an interview, ACOM will notify you with 30 days for scheduling.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Sincerely,
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
Admissions Office

HTH
dsoz

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm. so I guess it doesn't mean we are complete. The wording just seemed interesting on the email I received saying my app had been reviewed and I was being considered for admission. It makes it sound like you are complete. But apparently they send another email for that. Thanks for sharing dsoz.

Hmmm. so I guess it doesn't mean we are complete. The wording just seemed interesting on the email I received saying my app had been reviewed and I was being considered for admission. It makes it sound like you are complete. But apparently they send another email for that. Thanks for sharing dsoz.

Right? Hhmmm.... I wonder. Possible rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)

Right? Hhmmm.... I wonder. Possible rejection?

I don't think rejection. My August 6 email said:
Dear dsoz,
Your application has been reviewed and you are being considered for admission to our institution.

So it also states reviewed. You seem to be on-track for getting the next email. :)

Luck to you both.

dsoz

If you did your secondary recently...check your emails because I got an email today saying that they received my supplemental application but they have been having some technical issues with attachments and the essays weren't received. The email directions were to reply with the essays attached to it. Just a heads up.

my friend just got an II here so apparently they are sending them to surrounding areas but i havent got one T_T.

Interview invite by phone. 23R/ 3.50 sGPA. OOS. Non-trad with patient care exp. complete a couple weeks ago.

Interview invite by phone 8/21. 23O/ 3.6 cGRP/ 3.5 sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to those who have had interview invites! when are they scheduled for? no OOS/region II's yet?

pretty sure theyre hitting up the surrounding regions first, im waiting on the email to schedule mine in sept.

Did you receive an actual complete email..if so how long ago??

ii today. i think they are just starting to invite ppl, and going through apps in order of submission.

pretty sure theyre hitting up the surrounding regions first, im waiting on the email to schedule mine in sept.

when do you plan on going? let me know, maybe we can go around the same time. woudl be pretty dope to interview with a fellow SDNer lol

Mr kenobi: I was complete august 2nd, received an emai and got my II yesterday

booboo: sure man, mines setup for sept 13th. i sorta have to do that day since i have oral surgery on the 6th, and i want early decision for lecom so ill only have 30 days to accept or decline that. Both are great schools, Im excited about checking out acom, the guy on the phone was super friendly and understanding. right now acom is one of my tops due to location and a few other things, so hopefully it goes well for us!

I'm scheduled for Sept 5th. I'm nervous about being the 2nd day of interviews. I won't have any idea what to expect. But Sept is a crammed month for me, and I don't wanna wait too long considering I'm battling a 23 MCAT this cycle. Anybody else for Wednesday 9/5?

I'm scheduled for Sept 5th. I'm nervous about being the 2nd day of interviews. I won't have any idea what to expect. But Sept is a crammed month for me, and I don't wanna wait too long considering I'm battling a 23 MCAT this cycle. Anybody else for Wednesday 9/5?

Mines a week after yours you'll have to let us know how it goes

Mr kenobi: I was complete august 2nd, received an emai and got my II yesterday

booboo: sure man, mines setup for sept 13th. i sorta have to do that day since i have oral surgery on the 6th, and i want early decision for lecom so ill only have 30 days to accept or decline that. Both are great schools, Im excited about checking out acom, the guy on the phone was super friendly and understanding. right now acom is one of my tops due to location and a few other things, so hopefully it goes well for us!

i'll let u know what i schedule, still working on finding flights and working around my WVSOM interview. Glad you have a couple interviews though, guess ur stressing out a little less now lol. hopefully u get accepted to all of em eh

grats on the WV interview and yea it feels nce to have a few oppurtunities so early in the cycle..its good to know we can possibly be done with this cycle early and have the rest of the year to not worry huh? lol

II today by phone. :)
OOS- Boston, MA
They have dates throughout September and October. I got emailed a list of dates to pick from.
I was complete 8/2

What dates are people picking?

Update: Scheduled interview 9/18

Last edited:
Did you guys get a complete email? I got an email saying "We have your lors" from the enrollment director. My secondary was sent last Monday.

Invite today by phone. Set my date for 9/20.
Fl resident:
Non Trad with clinical / med ed research and patient care exp.

MCAT:27P
3.1cGPA
3.45sGPA

Honestly, I wont read any responses as I have made an effort to stay off this board or any other forum discussing med school admissions.

If I'm blessed with another interview Ill post it in the appropriate thread.

Good luck folks and this journey is yours and yours alone so stay positive!

Complete here as of today. Now the wait for that II phone call.

anybody had any troubles with this school recieving your LORs?

If anybody interviews today plz post on here & let us know what to expect. I'm scheduled for tomorrow & since its a new school I'm flying blind

If anybody interviews today plz post on here & let us know what to expect. I'm scheduled for tomorrow & since its a new school I'm flying blind

Good luck to all interviewing!!! You all will do well! :luck:

Anyone else Interviewing Sept 27th?

Can those of you who got interviews state when you were complete?

Those of you that already interviewed, congratulations, and I am sure you are relieved! Could you please help some of us who are absolutely freaking out and give some details about the interview? anything would help! Thank you!!!