Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when were you complete?

I haven't received a complete email yet. This is their first communication with me after I submitted the secondary and sent in my LORs.

Weird, right?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received a complete email yet. This is their first communication with me after I submitted the secondary and sent in my LORs.

Weird, right?

That is strange..mind sharing your stats/state of residency?

Weird, right?

When were you complete? ...to your knowledge, not according to the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete?

I never got a "complete" email. This is the only communication I have received from ACOM after I submitted my secondary and LORs.

I suppose this is a "complete" notification, but the wording is strange and it provided no details about the 30-day timeframe that other people have received.

I never got a "complete" email. This is the only communication I have received from ACOM after I submitted my secondary and LORs.

I suppose this is a "complete" notification, but the wording is strange and it provided no details about the 30-day timeframe that other people have received.

The 30-day time frame is not correct, sorry about that...ill edit my post. It's not that ill receive notice within 30 days but rather have 30 days to schedule an interview IF one is offered.

Interesting they sent a different email.

Just got this email:

"Dear pjd9779,
Your application has been reviewed and you are being considered for admission to our institution."

That's all the email said, no mention of letting me know of any updates within 30 days. Anyone else get this wording?

Same. I just got that today. Is that a really weirdly-worded application complete email or a really bad acceptance email? :confused:

Just got this email:

"Dear pjd9779,
Your application has been reviewed and you are being considered for admission to our institution."

That's all the email said, no mention of letting me know of any updates within 30 days. Anyone else get this wording?

I received this email as well today. I sent them an email back asking if they have uploaded my LORs or not since they never notified me of this.

I received this email as well today. I sent them an email back asking if they have uploaded my LORs or not since they never notified me of this.

let me know what they say..mind sharing your stats/state?

Hey Everyone...i called Ms. Goodson about the email and this was her response...

"Thank you. This is an incorrect generation. Our software company is working to solve some persistent problems and somehow this is an incorrect email generation point that was turned on by them so we are working to solve the problem. We have received your supplemental. Thanks for calling this to our attention. "

Hope this helps everyone!

let me know what they say..mind sharing your stats/state?

check out how this school responded to my email:

My email:
Hello,
I would like to know if my letters of recommendation have been uploaded by ACOM ?
Sincerely,
angldrps

Their Response:
Yes, we received you essay, Thanks

John Abraham, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE
Information Systems
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this school's inability to answer a simple question.:bang:

Last edited:
check out how this school responded to my email:

My email:
Hello,
I would like to know if my letters of recommendation have been uploaded by ACOM ?
Sincerely,
angldrps

Their Response:
Yes, we received you essay, Thanks

John Abraham, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE
Information Systems
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this school's inability to answer a simple question.:bang:
Lol...wow.

Apparently they lost our apps...just got an email to resubmit the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok did anyone get an email about resubmitting their new revised supplemental? I already submitted the original..will I be assessed a second $50 fee? They do not have good "customer service" :/ and no one replies to the emails.

Just got that too. Im so confused. I received a complete email a while ago I have to resubmit everytthing including my letters? I emailed them..Anyone going to call?

yes I emailed and called. no ones answering. I just re-submitted along with the $50 fee. I will call later to see if I can recoup that 2nd fee.... weird..

Maybe their computer system is different..the fee was assessed as a totally different description on my credit card history than the first.

Well I dont want to pay another 50 dollars till I know what's going on..

Maybe their computer system is different..the fee was assessed as a totally different description on my credit card history than the first.

Considering Linda Goodson didn't send out that email, nor has she replied back to me, I would suggest waiting. If the fee is showing up differently on your credit card history, and its being withdrawn so fast, I would be weary of fraud. I emailed them, and am going to wait for a reply considering they already withdrew a fee and im not paying again.

Ok did anyone get an email about resubmitting their new revised supplemental? I already submitted the original..will I be assessed a second $50 fee? They do not have good "customer service" :/ and no one replies to the emails.

i didn't get this email.

Just got that too. Im so confused. I received a complete email a while ago I have to resubmit everytthing including my letters? I emailed them..Anyone going to call?

what's their phone number?

the email is from admissions and says "
Attention, as of 11:35 CST on 8/6/2013 we have made some changes to the Supplemental Application, we request that you start over and resubmit the Supplemental Application. Do not use any saved application link, please use the original link that was sent by admission or Ms. Linda Goodson. Also if you have problems uploading your essays, please email them to [email protected]

https://ssp.acomedu.org/selfservice/admissions/application.aspx?applicationformid=1

Please let us know if you have any issues and if you are successful.

Thank You

Information Systems"

I'm also waiting, it seems strange that I received a complete email a week ago and now suddenly i have to resubmit everything? Hmmm.

the email is from admissions and says "
Attention, as of 11:35 CST on 8/6/2013 we have made some changes to the Supplemental Application, we request that you start over and resubmit the Supplemental Application. Do not use any saved application link, please use the original link that was sent by admission or Ms. Linda Goodson. Also if you have problems uploading your essays, please email them to [email protected]

https://ssp.acomedu.org/selfservice/admissions/application.aspx?applicationformid=1

Please let us know if you have any issues and if you are successful.

Thank You

Information Systems"

yea I got the same email, its just fishy that they want us to pay again, and haven't replied to any emails. Not too professional by either means.

And the website for the supp is the same secured URL as the original

yeah I paid the first time and they def took out the amount, lol.

I just talked to Linda. She said not to submit it again, and they are having issues. If you have submitted it though, I can you can get your money back, but you will have to call her and sort it out.

She said they are having issues, and told me she would email me personally if they needed another application. Said just to hold off for now.

OK i called.. its real. i would call to ask if its been submitted the first time they said.

Glad I just submitted my primary to ACOM on the 7-28. Hasn't been released yet. Hopefully they will work out whatever is going on by the time I get to the secondary! Definitely seems strange.

Last edited:
I just talked to Linda. She said not to submit it again, and they are having issues. If you have submitted it though, I can you can get your money back, but you will have to call her and sort it out.

She said they are having issues, and told me she would email me personally if they needed another application. Said just to hold off for now.

so basically if we got the complete email a week ago were good?

OK i called.. its real. i would call to ask if its been submitted the first time they said.

yea definitely real. but i think they are having issues with certain ppl and not everyone, but the email went out to everyone. she told me to wait and not do anything.

yea my bad. "We have had a technical problem with that email-it apparently went to some individuals that it should not have. Don't resubmit"

Just call to see if yours went through. Some people do need to resubmit.

lol, i love this woman shes awesome. I was literally just about to call and she emailed me back saying im good. sweet.

On 8-10 I received two emails saying they received my AACOMAS and will review it and I will hear about a supplemental application within two weeks. Today I just received the exact same email again signed by the same person but sent from a different email adress?!:laugh:

On 8-10 I received two emails saying they received my AACOMAS and will review it and I will hear about a supplemental application within two weeks. Today I just received the exact same email again signed by the same person but sent from a different email adress?!:laugh:

I've gotten 3 of those...

this school seems to really be having some issues. im starting to loose confidence in them.

I wouldn't lose confidence at all. It must be overwhelming to open a new medical school and process/organize thousands of applications. They'll get the kinks worked out. But it probably is best to call them for now until their online communication is smoother.

So I just submitted the secondary....in regards to uploading your essays...

After you pay the window pops up that is for uploading your essay. You enter a title and click browse, select the appropriate file and then hit upload. Then the file just dissappears from the box. Is this how it went down for everyone else?

I did it twice because there was no confirmation or anything. I wasn't sure what happned the first time but the same thing happened the second time I attached the file and hit uplaod so I figured that when it dissappeared that was it uploading??

Last edited:
So I just submitted the secondary....in regards to uploading your essays...

After you pay the window pops up that is for uploading your essay. You enter a title and click browse, select the appropriate file and then hit upload. Then the file just dissappears from the box. Is this how it went down for everyone else?

I did it twice because there was no confirmation or anything. I wasn't sure what happned the first time but the same thing happened the second time I attached the file and hit uplaod so I figured that when it dissappeared that was it uploading??

Thats how it was for me yesterday.

So when you clicked submit secondary it went to the paying thing? Mine just disappeared when I tried to submit so I suppose I should do it again...

So when you clicked submit secondary it went to the paying thing? Mine just disappeared when I tried to submit so I suppose I should do it again...

Ya it did. I mean if you didn't upload essays or pay I would probably try doing it again.

I clicked submit when I finished the secondary.

Waited and another screen opens up and that is where you pay.

Then after you submit your payment, you wait for another minute and another screen opens up and that is where you upload your essay.

But after you upload your essay I dont think anything happens besides the file that you selected from your computer disappears. I did the essay thing twice to see if anything different would happen and it didn't....so I am assuming you are done after that.

Anybody get an email stating that they received your application and are being considered for admission?

Anybody get an email stating that they received your application and are being considered for admission?
yep, it said

Your application has been reviewed and you are being considered for admission to our institution.

So does this mean we are complete?

Last edited: