2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Checking my inbox like I lost my mind

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing next week and I was wondering how long does ACOM give you to pay the $2000 deposit?

I am interviewing next week and I was wondering how long does ACOM give you to pay the $2000 deposit?
Found the answer to my question for anyone who also needs to know.
  • Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days to pay the $2000 deposit. It is non-refundable.

ok y'all so i declined my interview and they replied to that email offering a virtual spot? I don't want to be rude and re-decline but I've been accepted to 2 other places and would love for the spot to go to one of y'all.

ok y'all so i declined my interview and they replied to that email offering a virtual spot? I don't want to be rude and re-decline but I've been accepted to 2 other places and would love for the spot to go to one of y'all.
I'd just tell them something like "I appreciate your consideration as a candidate at your school, but I have been accepted at a school that is a better fit for me and would love to leave my spot for another candidate." Nothing rude about declining ur II. It's the right thing to do when you are 100% sure you aren't going to that school

Reactions: 1 users
I'd just tell them something like "I appreciate your consideration as a candidate at your school, but I have been accepted at a school that is a better fit for me and would love to leave my spot for another candidate." Nothing rude about declining ur II. It's the right thing to do when you are 100% sure you aren't going to that school
thank you so much for the reassurance!! I appreciate it and that's a great idea for a response

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For those that interviewed is it a 1:1 30 min or 2 1:1 30 mins each? This thread says 1 faculty but the email says “Applicants will interview with two ACOM faculty members”

Also is the presentation right after?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed is it a 1:1 30 min or 2 1:1 30 mins each? This thread says 1 faculty but the email says “Applicants will interview with two ACOM faculty members”

Also is the presentation right after?
Mine was 1 1:2 30 min interview.

How long does the interview day last? Is it just the 30 minute interview?

Is the interview for everyone a 2:1?
Just interviewed today, only 1 interviewer. Went very well. She was super nice and it felt very relaxed and conversational and this is coming from someone with a diagnosed social anxiety disorder lmao. My favorite interview so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted 1/18! I haven't received any info on acceptance deposit yet though, does anyone know how long it might take for them to send it? worried that I might miss the deposit window (is it 2 weeks since day the acceptance email is sent?)

And for info, my interview was on 1/12, 1:1 and lasted 15 minutes!

Accepted 1/18! I haven't received any info on acceptance deposit yet though, does anyone know how long it might take for them to send it? worried that I might miss the deposit window (is it 2 weeks since day the acceptance email is sent?)

And for info, my interview was on 1/12, 1:1 and lasted 15 minutes!

Hey so I called last week and Admissions stated that once you receive an email about the deposit, not the acceptance email, your 2 weeks start from then. We should be receiving deposit information this week.

Last edited:
What is the 2 hour presentation? I’ve vaguely read about it occurring, but nothing about what it actually is. Also, is Q&A students, faculty, or both?
It was a presentation by the Dean and other people from leadership about ACOM and Fort Smith. I didn't attend the Q&A but I am pretty sure they said it was just students

The Q&A is done by the student ambassadors, so it'll just be second year students!

Third year at ACOM. Feel free to reach out any time! This goes for anyone in the thread. :)
Hi! I have a few questions.
1. Is attendance mandatory? Do you feel like you have enough time to study outside the classroom or does it take up too much of your time?
2. Does ACOM provide resources for boards- Uworld, sketchy etc?

anyone know when they start pulling off the WL? i've been on it for 5 1/2 months :confused:

• Sad
Hi! I have a few questions.
1. Is attendance mandatory? Do you feel like you have enough time to study outside the classroom or does it take up too much of your time?
2. Does ACOM provide resources for boards- Uworld, sketchy etc?
Hey!

1.) Nope, attendance is not mandatory for most classes. You obviously have to attend all exams, small group sessions, guest lectures, labs, etc., but lectures are recorded and uploaded online. You can attend live in-person, live online (Zoom), or watch the recordings later. Exams are in-house, so I mainly studied the powerpoints and supplemented with resources such as Sketchy, Pathoma, etc. I felt like I had enough time to study. A lot of my classmates would do Anki or practice questions during mandatory lectures, as well.

2.) Yes, we get quite a few board prep resources included in our tuition-- the main ones are UWorld, Combank/Truelearn, Pathoma, and First Aid. You can see a full list of resources at this link: LibGuides: Board Review Resources: Home

I hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing on Friday and I have not received my interview day schedule or details (when I registered for the interview it said the schedule would be released the week of the interview). Does ACOM send an email with the time and place the day before?

Interviewing on Friday and I have not received my interview day schedule or details (when I registered for the interview it said the schedule would be released the week of the interview). Does ACOM send an email with the time and place the day before?
I interview on Friday (in person) as well and have been told the itinerary will be sent out the day prior. Should get it tomorrow.

• Care
just got my email with interview day info for friday 1/26

• Care
How did your interview go? I scheduled mine for Feb 23rd, but I'm nervous that it's too late of an interview.
My interview was 1:1 and very conversational. Basic 101 interview questions and the why Dothan, AL (as I live in Texas and have TCOM up the road). You got this, be yourself and smile. If this is your first choice and feel prepared enough to have your interview earlier I would do it, I had a 6-day turnaround (interviewed 1/12, accepted 1/18).

• Care
Interviewing Monday 1/29 but haven't received any links/agenda. Should I reach out to admissions or wait?

Interviewed on 1/22 got the A today!!! My first acceptance :)

I got Accepted!!!!! 1/26!!!! interviewed 1/22. Anyone know if there is a group chat or something?!??

Anyone placed on the waitlist that has come off the waitlist & when did you interview?

does anyone know if they provide a laptop or ipad tuition paid for

they said they will provide a laptop and tablet (either Apple or Microsoft? I think) with tuition and the content will be pre-loaded onto both.

You get an iPad and a laptop (either a Mac or a Dell my year) plus 4 years of service/support for a $250 technology fee that you pay the first semester. We take all of our exams/quizzes on the iPad. You also get to keep both after graduation.

Does anyone know if the acceptance deposit is due at 11:59PM (CT)? or is there a specific time that it is due on the due date? I loved ACOM and am grateful for the acceptance but I am waiting to hear back from one more school that is closer to home and hoping to save a bit of money :cryi:

Does anyone know if the acceptance deposit is due at 11:59PM (CT)? or is there a specific time that it is due on the due date? I loved ACOM and am grateful for the acceptance but I am waiting to hear back from one more school that is closer to home and hoping to save a bit of money :cryi:
Just call the admissions office. They are all nice and extremely helpful

I saw back in earlier threads that there is a priority waitlist. Does that still apply in this cycle? Do they specify it in the email?

Did you guys send a thank you email to your interviewer? I kind of forgot 🥲

I've done 3 interviews and haven't sent any thank yous lol. Not sure if that was a bad move but I don't think it makes much of a difference. I've been accepted to ACOM, waiting to here back from other schools rn, but if I end up accepting I definitely will be sending a thank you note to the person that interviewed me. She was very nice and said she hoped to see me in person soon and I genuinely appreciated that.

lol no they usually send in their interview analysis right away. That being said, I didn’t have the time and still got accepted, but as courtesy try to always send a brief thank you to admissions, job employment, interviewer, etc. for the opportunity

Congratulations to each of you! Were your interviews and presentations on different days in the week as well?
not the ones you mentioned but the interview is first and then followed by the presentation and (optional) student QnA.

Congratulations to each of you! Were your interviews and presentations on different days in the week as well?

They interviewed me ahead of the presentations! They told me to attend the ones this upcoming Friday.