Any news from Indiana University SOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in today...big (beautiful) letter via snailmail. IS 3.6/32S

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Climber!

If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

I am interviewing at IU on Jan. 7th. Does anyone have any tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

I've read on one site that IU doesn't send out notifications in January because of the holidays. Can anyone confirm or deny this?? If that's the case, that sucks!

Has anyone started a thread for accepted IU applicants? Now that I received their golden ticket I'd love to have something else to give me distractions until August finally rolls around!!! :)

Hey folks,

I've read on one site that IU doesn't send out notifications in January because of the holidays. Can anyone confirm or deny this?? If that's the case, that sucks!

ditto :luck:

my dad just called and told me he got a letter from Indiana saying I was accepted! :luck::luck:

have to wait until the weekend though to touch the envelope and the letter :(

congrats!!!!!
good to know that they are sending out letters,although i haven't got one...

Accepted 1/22/09!

I interviewed on 10/15/08.

I thought they reviewed my file for the November 15th acceptances, and, when I didn't hear anything for two months, had passed on my application. But I guess they re-review files throughout the cycle. Hope this answers someone's questions.

Good luck everyone!!

Accepted 1/22/09!

I interviewed on 10/15/08.

I thought they reviewed my file for the November 15th acceptances, and, when I didn't hear anything for two months, had passed on my application. But I guess they re-review files throughout the cycle. Hope this answers someone's questions.

Good luck everyone!!

definitely agree. i interviewed on oct 15 also and just got the acceptance last week.

Just received my acceptance today!!!! Interviewed 1/14(OOS) SO HAPPY!!!! Indiana was def one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got in on 3/17/09... Does anyone have a better list or information source for the 9 campuses... I don't like the basic website they gave me.. How do the other 8 satelite campuses prepare one for the clinical years??

Yeah I got in on 3/17/09... Does anyone have a better list or information source for the 9 campuses... I don't like the basic website they gave me.. How do the other 8 satelite campuses prepare one for the clinical years??
I'm pretty sure they send (or try to) send all students to Indianapolis for clinical years (year 3+4).

congrats! what are your stats if you dont mind sharing

Has anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet??
Give it time. I honestly wouldn't expect anything until probably next week. I was alternated a while back and my friends (also alternates) didn't hear anything until late May/early June.

Give it time. I honestly wouldn't expect anything until probably next week. I was alternated a while back and my friends (also alternates) didn't hear anything until late May/early June.

Thanks! I'm getting a little antsy not having heard any discussion on it and not being able to get any info either. Admissions has said though that they overaccepted a lot more this year than in the past....

Thanks! I'm getting a little antsy not having heard any discussion on it and not being able to get any info either. Admissions has said though that they overaccepted a lot more this year than in the past....
THAT surprises me. I would call and speak with someone and ask how they do things. When I was waitlisted, they didn't give any indication of what your chances were and just let you ride it out till matriculation. I hope they changed that because it definitely didn't help with the stress.

I am also on the waitlist for IUSM and I just called in to ask about any movement. The lady "Sarah" said that there hadn't been any movement as of yet, but there would be "very soon". That's really all I could get out of her. I guess we'll just have to wait next to the mailbox and see. Good luck to everyone!

I am also on the waitlist for IUSM and I just called in to ask about any movement. The lady "Sarah" said that there hadn't been any movement as of yet, but there would be "very soon". That's really all I could get out of her. I guess we'll just have to wait next to the mailbox and see. Good luck to everyone!

I called on Wednesday and this is what she told me also. I'm guessing there will be movement in 2 weeks...at the very latest.

In the words of singer/songwriter Thomas Petty...

"The waaaiiiiting it the hardest part..."

Haha I heard this song on the radio while going to work the day I was put on the alternate list.

Good luck to all and stay positive!

Unfortunately (or fortunately for you guys) I found out how their system works. After a post-season interview/discussion with the adcoms, I found out how their "system" works. There are also IU med students in the allo section that could help out. Just give it time, as was mentioned, and don't let it stress you out. :thumbup: The only bad part, if I recall correctly, is I think it's a 50/50 now.

If any of you guys are looking for housing in Indianapolis, I am a 2nd year and I have a townhouse that would be great for a family or roommates. Here are the details.

TOWNHOUSE FOR RENT $1000

-3071 Armory Dr.
-2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
-1980 sq ft.
-finished basement
-eat-in kitchen
-all appliances included except microwave
-2 car attached garage
-central air

This end unit townhouse is at River's Edge Townhomes, about 3 miles from campus (10 minute drive). It is approximately 5 years old. Each bedroom has a full bath attached, making it perfect for roommates. Both bedrooms have a walk in closet. On the main level is a great room, a large eat-in kitchen with plenty of cabinet space and a pantry. The laundry room includes a washer and dryer, and also has a half bath attached. The finished basement can be converted to a third bedroom (the landlord will add a closet). Also good for a workout room or office. This is a condo, so there is absolutely no outside maintenance required. The house is steps away from the canal tow path, which leads to the art museum and Broad Ripple. Rent includes water/sewage/trash, you pay electric and gas. Several other med students/residents live in this neighborhood.

email [email protected] or call 412-371-0908

Anyone care to share details of matriculating? I am in the interview process now (scheduled for Sep 2nd). What day do you start this year? is there some sort of "welcome" ceremony? when/how do you decide what campus to start at? Give me a heads up if any of you are starting at the evansville campus!

Status
Not open for further replies.