2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in years past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)
Yeah but last year's applicants only go the waitlist notification on April 23rd, whereas we have gotten it on May 4th. So if the time gap is the same as last years (20 days) , we *theoretically* should hear something today or tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah but last year's applicants only go the waitlist notification on April 23rd, whereas we have gotten it on May 4th. So if the time gap is the same as last years (20 days) , we *theoretically* should hear something today or tomorrow.
Days between 1st WL notification and 1st Acceptance on SDN:
2016-2017: 60 Days
2017-2018: 63 Days
2018-2019: 50 Days
2019-2020: 30 Days
2020-2021: 22 Days

I needed a break from writing next cycles application, sue me.

But yeah, this is the data lol

Reactions: 2 users
Has everyone on the waitlist started their application for next cycle already? I've been procrastinating hard because I wanted to see if IU would get back to us this week, but it looks like its possible it might be another month lol. I guess I gotta start writing this personal statement again lol F

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I generally only expect to hear things on either a Monday or a Friday. So when Monday passes and we’ve heard no word it makes for the longest week. Week... after week..

It’s so unpredictable at this point when anything will happen

GOT THE LETTER IN THE MAIL- Terre Haute campus!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Omggg congrats are y’all out of state or in state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! I still can’t believe it honestly.

In state
509 MCAT
Interview was jan 12th
If you don’t mind what all was said in the letter? Do you have to send it back with a decision soon or any sort of next steps for you to take? So happy for you!!!!

If you don’t mind what all was said in the letter? Do you have to send it back with a decision soon or any sort of next steps for you to take? So happy for you!!!!
Thank youuu!!!! Yes I need to send it within 7 business days

If you don’t mind answering, did you receive the letter to your permanent address or a college address?

If you don’t mind answering, did you receive the letter to your permanent address or a college address?
I don’t answering any questions! I would be happy to help as much as I can.

I only had one address. I had called the office sometime in march I think to make sure they had my right address because I was hoping to hear then

I am still so shocked they are using mail for the Waitlist. I am dumbfounded lol

Did the letter have a date on it like when it was postmarked? Just trying to gauge how long it may take.

Accepted off waitlist. Question- can you apply for a different campus after you are assigned to one? I got accepted into a specific program at a specific campus but I would prefer another one, is that possible to apply for? Or is it an automatic rejection?

Congrats! Are you in-state as well or out of state?
Thanks! OOS, but still in the Midwest. I didn’t check my mail for a few days, but I’m guessing it arrived today given the extra distance to arrive.

Well, better luck in the next wave I guess. I am so tired.

Accepted off waitlist. Question- can you apply for a different campus after you are assigned to one? I got accepted into a specific program at a specific campus but I would prefer another one, is that possible to apply for? Or is it an automatic rejection?
Also wondering this if anyone can respond :) How often do people switch and does anyone have a success story that I can dm?

Also is anyone in the Gary-Indiana campus that I can dm with a few questions?

Also wondering this if anyone can respond :) How often do people switch and does anyone have a success story that I can dm?
I’m pretty sure you have to do the first two years at your assigned campus, and then the you’re allowed to transfer for clinical rotations.

I don’t think they let you apply to change campuses, but if you were to find someone at your desired campus who wants to swap with you, they might allow it? Best bet is probably just to email them. Worst they can do is tell you they won’t let you switch.

I just called the admissions office to ask this question. Since we are accepted off the waitlist, we are placed at the campus which has a spot that opens up. This placement is set in stone for the first two years and we cannot change our campus.

The portal was updated and they sent an email at 10:16am

OOS accepted to the Muncie campus. I have a question for you guys that have been accepted after being WL. My portal has now changed and includes an admission decision tab and under that tab, there is an offer response tab. In that tab it asks us to rank our campus preference but since we were accepted and allocated a campus do we complete this?

OOS accepted to the Muncie campus. I have a question for you guys that have been accepted after being WL. My portal has now changed and includes an admission decision tab and under that tab, there is an offer response tab. In that tab it asks us to rank our campus preference but since we were accepted and allocated a campus do we complete this?
Congrats!
When were you accepted?

Congrats!
When were you accepted?
Thank you :hardy: So the letter I got in the mail was dated May 25th but I didn't check the mail until Sunday night so that's when I found out. I sent the letter back yesterday via mail and email just in case lol and today my portal was updated.

I got an email today from IUSM titled "Prepare for your first day of medical school by completing your Class of 2026 RoadMAP". Did anyone else that withdrew pre-decision get this too?

I got an email today from IUSM titled "Prepare for your first day of medical school by completing your Class of 2026 RoadMAP". Did anyone else that withdrew pre-decision get this too?

I withdrew after receiving an II but before the scheduled interview day and got that email

Yes! Withdrew (post-II, but pre decision) in January and got this, too.

Yes! Withdrew (post-II, but pre decision) in January and got this, too.
Same here. Withdrew post-II and pre-decision. I literally laughed out loud

do any accepted students know if we need the ophthalmoscope/otoscope kits for our first year? or is that something we can buy a little later down the line?

do any accepted students know if we need the ophthalmoscope/otoscope kits for our first year? or is that something we can buy a little later down the line?

Congrats for your acceptance!

I think you need to join groupme for your campus, you might find an answer there quickly.