2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah but last year's applicants only go the waitlist notification on April 23rd, whereas we have gotten it on May 4th. So if the time gap is the same as last years (20 days) , we *theoretically* should hear something today or tomorrow.
Days between 1st WL notification and 1st Acceptance on SDN:
2016-2017: 60 Days
2017-2018: 63 Days
2018-2019: 50 Days
2019-2020: 30 Days
2020-2021: 22 Days

I needed a break from writing next cycles application, sue me.

But yeah, this is the data lol
 
Has everyone on the waitlist started their application for next cycle already? I've been procrastinating hard because I wanted to see if IU would get back to us this week, but it looks like its possible it might be another month lol. I guess I gotta start writing this personal statement again lol F
 
I generally only expect to hear things on either a Monday or a Friday. So when Monday passes and we’ve heard no word it makes for the longest week. Week... after week..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!!! I still can’t believe it honestly.

In state
509 MCAT
Interview was jan 12th
If you don’t mind what all was said in the letter? Do you have to send it back with a decision soon or any sort of next steps for you to take? So happy for you!!!!
 
If you don’t mind answering, did you receive the letter to your permanent address or a college address?
I don’t answering any questions! I would be happy to help as much as I can.

I only had one address. I had called the office sometime in march I think to make sure they had my right address because I was hoping to hear then
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted off waitlist. Question- can you apply for a different campus after you are assigned to one? I got accepted into a specific program at a specific campus but I would prefer another one, is that possible to apply for? Or is it an automatic rejection?
Also wondering this if anyone can respond 🙂 How often do people switch and does anyone have a success story that I can dm?
 
Also wondering this if anyone can respond 🙂 How often do people switch and does anyone have a success story that I can dm?
I’m pretty sure you have to do the first two years at your assigned campus, and then the you’re allowed to transfer for clinical rotations.

I don’t think they let you apply to change campuses, but if you were to find someone at your desired campus who wants to swap with you, they might allow it? Best bet is probably just to email them. Worst they can do is tell you they won’t let you switch.
 
Accepted off waitlist. Question- can you apply for a different campus after you are assigned to one? I got accepted into a specific program at a specific campus but I would prefer another one, is that possible to apply for? Or is it an automatic rejection?
I just called the admissions office to ask this question. Since we are accepted off the waitlist, we are placed at the campus which has a spot that opens up. This placement is set in stone for the first two years and we cannot change our campus.
 
OOS accepted to the Muncie campus. I have a question for you guys that have been accepted after being WL. My portal has now changed and includes an admission decision tab and under that tab, there is an offer response tab. In that tab it asks us to rank our campus preference but since we were accepted and allocated a campus do we complete this?
 
OOS accepted to the Muncie campus. I have a question for you guys that have been accepted after being WL. My portal has now changed and includes an admission decision tab and under that tab, there is an offer response tab. In that tab it asks us to rank our campus preference but since we were accepted and allocated a campus do we complete this?
Congrats!
When were you accepted?
 
I got an email today from IUSM titled "Prepare for your first day of medical school by completing your Class of 2026 RoadMAP". Did anyone else that withdrew pre-decision get this too?
 
I got an email today from IUSM titled "Prepare for your first day of medical school by completing your Class of 2026 RoadMAP". Did anyone else that withdrew pre-decision get this too?

I withdrew after receiving an II but before the scheduled interview day and got that email
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do any accepted students know if we need the ophthalmoscope/otoscope kits for our first year? or is that something we can buy a little later down the line?