2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also MSTP R two days ago, Interviewed 2/7. The email definitely implies there is still MD only consideration!
Do you think because we were just rejected from the MSTP and the last round of As comes out this week for the MD program, the adcoms didn't get to review our MD application? I'm desperate rn with no As from any program lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think because we were just rejected from the MSTP and the last round of As comes out this week for the MD program, the adcoms didn't get to review our MD application? I'm desperate rn with no As from any program lol
I was wondering this myself because I was so disappointed lol, but I really feel like if they liked us/our application then they would've waited to hit us with the R until they heard from the MD program :( and I feel you, patiently (or not so much) waiting for these waitlists to get moving

Didnt apply MSTP, but same. There are so many things I would do for that A. I dont wanna go through another cycle

Same. This was my only II and I’m super emotional knowing this is the last round of A’s. I’ve pretty much given up hope

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering this myself because I was so disappointed lol, but I really feel like if they liked us/our application then they would've waited to hit us with the R until they heard from the MD program :( and I feel you, patiently (or not so much) waiting for these waitlists to get moving
Yea Indiana was a great fit for my research interests and my interview went well. No idea why I just just outright rejected...

• Care
Wait this just made me so anxious :( How do you know the last round is this week? Did they say that somewhere or are we going based on patterns from previous years?

Wait this just made me so anxious :( How do you know the last round is this week? Did they say that somewhere or are we going based on patterns from previous years?

I don’t see anything on the website stating this but it’s been the pattern in previous years

Anyone gotten an A this month yet? I’m assuming they’ll probably start rolling in tomorrow but figured I’d check. I live about 30 mins from campus and nothing in the mail today.

I was accepted a few months ago but certiphi hasn't reached out to me for a background check. Is there any way I can start the process myself?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I received an email March 1st so I honestly don't expect to hear back until next week.

But isn’t decision always made on the 15th? I got that email twice lol and nothing rly happened. Are they done sending As?

But isn’t decision always made on the 15th? I got that email twice lol and nothing rly happened. Are they done sending As?
When I interviewed, they said that the admissions committee meets on the 15th of every month but send out decisions a few days later. Since I heard back March 1st, I feel they are either backed up reviewing apps or met later in the month. Honestly, idk but I'm going to try and not stress abt it.

Nothing today for me either and I don’t live far from campus. Surprised that no one has reported an A this month. I guessing either people aren’t reporting on SDN or the admissions committee is running behind this month.

i have something in informed delivery but i doubt it's anything.. has anyone heard of anyone getting anything this month cause I'm starting to feel like people have already heard but didn't report to SDN

Does the portal usually update on the 21st or 22nd?
I'm not sure if it's consistent each month, but mine was updated on October 21st between 9-10AM, which was a Friday, two days after people started receiving letters in the mail (according to SDN)

I'm not sure if it's consistent each month, but mine was updated on October 21st between 9-10AM, which was a Friday, two days after people started receiving letters in the mail (according to SDN)

Thank you! This was so helpful!

I know IU was on spring break last week… not sure if the admissions committee also takes break and didn’t meet on the 15

I know IU was on spring break last week… not sure if the admissions committee also takes break and didn’t meet on the 15
I think the med school doesn’t go on spring break for a couple more weeks. Some time in April. But also not sure if match week could influence the turn around time for A’s

I just got my A via email about an hour ago. The portal is updated and my parents just called me to let me know they got the letter (OOS western US).

Reactions: 9 users
I just got my A via email about an hour ago. The portal is updated and my parents just called me to let me know they got the letter (OOS western US).
Aw man congrats! I just checked mine and nada. Hold out hope for WL

Once again, here’s the unofficial GroupMe!! Congrats guys!!

You're invited to my new group 'IUSM Admitted Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Anyone know if IS people have a decent chance of getting on the WL?
I would assume so. According to last year’s thread there were a decent amount of IS people who made it off the waitlist. Hoping we hear some good news soon.

Reactions: 2 users
MSTP waitlist this morning, interviewed 11/02, will be withdrawing as I am already committed to attend elsewhere. Good luck to all!

• Care
Has anyone heard about regular waitlist yet?
If it's like last year then they dole out WLs and post-II Rs throughout the next couple weeks. So in limbo until you're told which.

post-II R for the UMP :(

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any news? Starting to lose hope at this point :(
May 1 is when everyone who has been accepted has to confirm their plan to enroll or the acceptance offer will be rescinded. That will open up a few seats and then the movement will be quicker IMO. Not sure when you interviewed but still there are a few months left in this years cycle. All the best!

May 1 is when everyone who has been accepted has to confirm their plan to enroll or the acceptance offer will be rescinded. That will open up a few seats and then the movement will be quicker IMO. Not sure when you interviewed but still there are a few months left in this years cycle. All the best!
I interviewed in January! I hope I hear back sooner than May. I applied to some master's programs as a back up and I need to make a decision for those by May 1st.

im a graduate from IU, if anybody has any questions

Last edited: