2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my rejection 😊😊😊 oh well. I have somewhere else to go so I'm not that bummed. Good luck to everyone!! We're going to make fantastic physicians one day :)
Me too

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
me too. did your letter say that “your record does not make it possible for us to include you”
Yes 😂 I think that's the same wording they've used for years so I was prepare for the awkward sounding rejection

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
me too. did your letter say that “your record does not make it possible for us to include you”
Mine did, felt kinda rude actually. Really wanna write back that Indiana's record didn't make it possible for me to include them in my school acceptances lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Post II R just now. Congratulations to those of you accepted! You’ll make wonderful physicians.

• Care
Does anyone know if Indy campus is allowing tours? looks like second look is not a thing.

Just withdrew my acceptance from here. Hope it goes to one of your on the WL!

Reactions: 5 users
Officially decided to commit here

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I’m currently on the alternate list and was wondering about campus placements. I’m just wondering if the Indianapolis campus is a popular choice??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I’m currently on the alternate list and was wondering about campus placements. I’m just wondering if the Indianapolis campus is a popular choice??
Pretty sure it’s the most popular choice

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED TODAY!! Interviewed in November, but finally got that first MD, A! Going to Fort Wayne!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if you get accepted off the WL, you can trade campuses with someone else? Or be put on a "waitlist" for a certain campus if someone withdraws?

Has anyone already submitted their immunizations requirements yet? On the Med Proctor certificate it doesn't have a spot for the Hep B, TB test or physical exam but on the website it says these are required?

Has anyone already submitted their immunizations requirements yet? On the Med Proctor certificate it doesn't have a spot for the Hep B, TB test or physical exam but on the website it says these are required?
Might wanna ask this in the FB group/ GroupMe.

Last edited:
Anybody have any insight on whether acceptances are still being given out from the waitlist? I’m unsure as to whether I should start resubmitting my application or wait to see if I still have a chance with IU.

Reactions: 1 user
They are, but waitlist movement is very very slow. I wouldn't recommend delaying your app since the chances to get off the waitlist are pretty low.

Anybody have any insight on whether acceptances are still being given out from the waitlist? I’m unsure as to whether I should start resubmitting my application or wait to see if I still have a chance with IU.
I just got accepted on Thursday. Don't give up hope yet my friend

I just got off the waitlist 06/24 and I am going to the Indianapolis Campus. I am so happy

• Love
Hey everyone, does anyone know if this years class is full?? I’m still waitlisted and I’m not sure if I should submit my reapp yet

Hey everyone, does anyone know if this years class is full?? I’m still waitlisted and I’m not sure if I should submit my reapp yet
Hey everyone, just an update, I actually just got a call saying I got into the terre haute campus! It’s not too late if anyone was still holding out hope!

Hey all!

I haven't been able to find much information about Urban Medicine program at IU. My primary was downloaded by the admission committee today. I then received an email an hour later saying "Thank you for submitting your AMCAS application to Indiana University School of Medicine. The Admissions Office has identified your application as a potential applicant for the Urban Medicine Program (UMP)"

I sent back a reply that I was interested and I received another email:

"Your request for an application to Indiana University School of Medicine’s Urban Medicine Program (UMP) has been approved.

The UMP application is attached to this email. If the application is not submitted within 30 days, your Indiana University School of Medicine application will be cancelled.

Once your application has been received, you will be scheduled for an interview at IU School of Medicine-Northwest-Gary campus with members of the traditional and urban admissions committees."

I take the wording at the end that I will receive an interview after submitting the application. Does anyone know how many people are offered to apply to the UMP program? Is it good news that they emailed me about being a good candidate? I know from the website that there are only 32 people in the program, so it seems pretty competitive. I was just wondering if anyone had any other information. I have not been able to find anything on sdn or reddit.