2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I’m currently on the alternate list and was wondering about campus placements. I’m just wondering if the Indianapolis campus is a popular choice??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone already submitted their immunizations requirements yet? On the Med Proctor certificate it doesn't have a spot for the Hep B, TB test or physical exam but on the website it says these are required?
 
Has anyone already submitted their immunizations requirements yet? On the Med Proctor certificate it doesn't have a spot for the Hep B, TB test or physical exam but on the website it says these are required?
Might wanna ask this in the FB group/ GroupMe.
 
Last edited:
Anybody have any insight on whether acceptances are still being given out from the waitlist? I’m unsure as to whether I should start resubmitting my application or wait to see if I still have a chance with IU.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!

I haven't been able to find much information about Urban Medicine program at IU. My primary was downloaded by the admission committee today. I then received an email an hour later saying "Thank you for submitting your AMCAS application to Indiana University School of Medicine. The Admissions Office has identified your application as a potential applicant for the Urban Medicine Program (UMP)"

I sent back a reply that I was interested and I received another email:

"Your request for an application to Indiana University School of Medicine’s Urban Medicine Program (UMP) has been approved.

The UMP application is attached to this email. If the application is not submitted within 30 days, your Indiana University School of Medicine application will be cancelled.

Once your application has been received, you will be scheduled for an interview at IU School of Medicine-Northwest-Gary campus with members of the traditional and urban admissions committees."

I take the wording at the end that I will receive an interview after submitting the application. Does anyone know how many people are offered to apply to the UMP program? Is it good news that they emailed me about being a good candidate? I know from the website that there are only 32 people in the program, so it seems pretty competitive. I was just wondering if anyone had any other information. I have not been able to find anything on sdn or reddit.