2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do they keep emailing about campuses and if I attended the webinar...YOU DIDNT GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE. GET OUT OF MY INBOX
Weird that it doesn’t even ask about the webinar. It’s ask about if you’ve been accepted to other schools and if you been accepted to Indiana

Members don't see this ad.

Why do they keep emailing about campuses and if I attended the webinar...YOU DIDNT GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE. GET OUT OF MY INBOX
I got the survey email too and I wasn’t even surprised. IU likes to do random ish like this. Like just give me an A or R at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the survey email too and I wasn’t even surprised. IU likes to do random ish like this. Like just give me an A or R at this point.
for those of you who got the survey, have you been accepted to another school? I mean will this survey affect our chances ? it does not state it is anonymous. and I don't want to assume

Nope, I don’t even have a communication tab lol
You should. Click on "status". That should bring you the checklist tab. Then click on the 3 horizontal lines by the top right corner and you'll see "document status", "communication status", "legacy disclosure", "photo". Click on "communication status".

for those of you who got the survey, have you been accepted to another school? I mean will this survey affect our chances ? it does not state it is anonymous. and I don't want to assume
Nope. Still waiting on my first A. I haven't taken the survey. I didn't attend any of the webinars.

Reactions: 1 user
You should. Click on "status". That should bring you the checklist tab. Then click on the 3 horizontal lines by the top right corner and you'll see "document status", "communication status", "legacy disclosure", "photo". Click on "communication status".
oh thank you! it’s not there either. at the top is just the campus webinar email from 3/15

Members don't see this ad :)
oh thank you! it’s not there either. at the top is just the campus webinar email from 3/15
This is what the email states:
If you were able to attend one of the Campus Webinar Series sessions, please complete the following campus webinar survey: Campus Webinar Survey

Sincerely,

Indiana University School of Medicine

Office of Admissions and Student Financial Services

thats really odd. I know FierySerpent said they didn't attend any webinars but still got it but did you attend?
I did not attend any of the webinars! I was mad at IU for not accepting me on 3/15 and sending me the webinar email instead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Actually the following question are about the webinar just the first 2 are not

I got the survey email and I interviewed and did not go to the webinars. I think you guys are looking into this one a little too deeply. I don’t think it means anything.

Reactions: 5 users
I got the survey email and I interviewed and did not go to the webinars. I think you guys are looking into this one a little too deeply. I don’t think it means anything.
I’m just annoyed at the incompetency. Is it really that difficult to remove people without acceptances from the email server?

you might say there’s the waitlist, but no one knows if they’re on it or not because IU wants to tell everyone last minute.

In my opinion it’s lazy, rude, and unprofessional. Some people really wanted to go here and to be reminded that you didn’t get in is annoying.

I’m just annoyed at the incompetency. Is it really that difficult to remove people without acceptances from the email server?

you might say there’s the waitlist, but no one knows if they’re on it or not because IU wants to tell everyone last minute.

In my opinion it’s lazy, rude, and unprofessional. Some people really wanted to go here and to be reminded that you didn’t get in is annoying.
I agree that they are very incompetent and that’s why I don’t think it means anything whether you got an email about a survey or not. It is very annoying, but they’re the only school I have a chance at this year, so I’m still hoping for the best.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree that they are very incompetent and that’s why I don’t think it means anything whether you got an email about a survey or not. It is very annoying, but they’re the only school I have a chance at this year, so I’m still hoping for the best.
This cycle was a crap shoot. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Care
If you guys are so over it could you withdraw your app? I for one would really like to go to this school

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 13 users
If you guys are so over it could you withdraw your app? I for one would really like to go to this school
I'm so glad someone said it. They want to trash on the school on one post, and then post that they want to get in the school so bad...just make up your mind.

I'm so glad someone said it. They want to trash on the school on one post, and then post that they want to get in the school so bad...just make up your mind.
por que no los dos

• Haha
This process is crazy, I don’t see what’s wrong with people venting and pointing out imperfections about a school imo. Every school has them and I don’t see it as them hating the school or talking down on the program.

Everyone has talked about IU’s poor communication. That’s not really talking **** 🤷🏽‍♂️

there’s simply no reason why I should wait until the end of the cycle to get a no and there’s no reason I should be getting updates when I wasn’t given an acceptance.

that’s just a fact and it’s indisputable. period.

moreover no one is begging to go to IU. Please find a post where my tone has flipped flopped between wanting to go so bad and “trashing” it. IU used to be my number 1. That’s true. However after meeting with Cincy, they’ve taken that spot. The only “bad” thing I ever said about IU was their communication. I believe my tone about IU has been consistent for a while now and hasn’t been flippant.

my sister went here and I’ll never talk down on the potential education one could receive, but their communication could use work. End of discussion, pooh.

and withdraw my application for what? I can be over IU & their horrendous operations/communication habits with applicants but still want to be an accepted student on the other side and not deal with the mess i am now.

no one is above critique 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Let me preface this by saying, people should be allowed to be frustrated, and they should be given a space for that. Hell I’ll personally take DMs about how crappy and mentally/emotionally destructive the application process is, cus it factually is (the match is going to be far worse for what it’s worth)...but, if you guys are this frustrated by a schools communication style, y’all are in for a real freakin treat in med school, residency, and clinical practice. IU doesn’t owe you anything, they can do whatever they want, and they don’t have to care about your feelings. We are beholden to them, or whatever other school we choose to go to, not the other way around. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a crappy power differential, but it is what it is and it isn’t changing anytime soon. Trust me, compared to how your future hospital administrators will treat you, IUs the picture of benevolence and consideration, and that perspective seems somewhat lost on here.

While it is definitely true that there will be stressors in a career in healthcare, everyone who thinks nurses/doctors/OT/PT/etc do NOT complain is delusional. They do complain - often and loudly. Everyone complains about everything all the time. So, acting like people venting about a worse-than-average admissions cycle during a pandemic on a website meant for applicants to discuss are not going to be emotionally equipped for a career in medicine is absurd.

We all know Indiana doesn't "owe" us anything. But those of us with acceptances from other schools can say that Indiana is much less considerate than most other schools when it comes to issuing timely decisions and communications. There is no reason to drag everything out.

Reactions: 7 users
While it is definitely true that there will be stressors in a career in healthcare, everyone who thinks nurses/doctors/OT/PT/etc do NOT complain is delusional. They do complain - often and loudly. Everyone complains about everything all the time. So, acting like people venting about a worse-than-average admissions cycle during a pandemic on a website meant for applicants to discuss are not going to be emotionally equipped for a career in medicine is absurd.

We all know Indiana doesn't "owe" us anything. But those of us with acceptances from other schools can say that Indiana is much less considerate than most other schools when it comes to issuing timely decisions and communications. There is no reason to drag everything out.
This is true. Had I claimed either of those things I would in fact be delusional and absurd. As it is I acknowledged the difficulty of the situation while also pointing out that the frustrations you face as a doc will be orders of magnitude more difficult to accept. More interesting to me is the frame of mind of someone sitting on an acceptance who still has bandwidth to complain about another program. Maybe you could walk me through that one, cus from where I sit you seem to be pretty fortunate. Given that most schools accept only a small fraction of their applicants, you’re a couple standard deviations luckier than most. I’d say you should focus on that amazing victory man, I’m sure you worked super hard to get there, and it’s an incredible form of validation for all your effort. Also congrats, for what it’s worth.

I thought IU sending a campus webinar invitation on an acceptance day was bad taste... I guess I’m not cut out to be a physician anymore. Let me go withdraw my A from my other school and not waste their time 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This is true. Had I claimed either of those things I would in fact be delusional and absurd. As it is I acknowledged the difficulty of the situation while also pointing out that the frustrations you face as a doc will be orders of magnitude more difficult to accept. More interesting to me is the frame of mind of someone sitting on an acceptance who still has bandwidth to complain about another program. Maybe you could walk me through that one, cus from where I sit you seem to be pretty fortunate. Given that most schools accept only a small fraction of their applicants, you’re a couple standard deviations luckier than most. I’d say you should focus on that amazing victory man, I’m sure you worked super hard to get there, and it’s an incredible form of validation for all your effort. Also congrats, for what it’s worth.
My mom has MS and is in a wheelchair and my dad is in heart failure... I want to stay closer to home to help them out. I want Indiana to communicate with me regarding whether it will be possible to live close to my hometown or if I will have to move almost 5 hours away. I have heard back from every other program I applied to... I haven't heard a word from Indiana since I interviewed, which was months ago... They can and should improve their timeliness. Best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting. I do GENUINELY hope everyone gets in somewhere.

• Care
My mom has MS and is in a wheelchair and my dad is in heart failure... I want to stay closer to home to help them out. I want Indiana to communicate with me regarding whether it will be possible to live close to my hometown or if I will have to move almost 5 hours away. I have heard back from every other program I applied to... I haven't heard a word from Indiana since I interviewed, which was months ago... They can and should improve their timeliness. Best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting. I do GENUINELY hope everyone gets in somewhere.
Well I sincerely hope you get in to the most convenient campus. I can relate to an extent, my dad has heart disease and has had multiple stents placed. The thought of being too far away from my folks makes me a bit nervous too. If you ever want to talk you can message me. You should be proud of your accomplishments though, even getting a single A is huge! I’m hoping you hear good news tomorrow.

• Care
Sending good vibes to everyone today! Hopefully we hear something good 😊

Reactions: 11 users
Well here goes another day of obsessively refreshing our emails. Good luck guys, gals, and nonbinary pals.

Reactions: 14 users
Withdrew my acceptance here at the RMEP program today ... hope this opens a spot for someone on the WL! Best of luck, IU is a premier medical school with a very good reputation for residency directors!

Reactions: 10 users
Would be pretty classic IU if they didn’t send an email out today

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Been reading, stressing, and hoping with everyone else. All I can say is we could have rolled over, we could have quit, could have changed our minds, or moved on to something else. We fight and care and hurt for our dreams. Be it for your loved ones, pocket, or accomplishments. Another day down another day closer, take care of yourselves. Best of luck, may the world be better for your efforts. Be proud, be strong, and do not go quietly into that good night.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
There's no way that no one here has heard anything. I'm dying at work right now, someone please get an A so I can at least live through your excitement vicariously.

Reactions: 6 users
There's no way that no one here has heard anything. I'm dying at work right now, someone please get an A so I can at least live through your excitement vicariously.
On March 15th, the timing was around 2pm EST. so hang in there

Waiting for that email later today...

That tells me all about their regional campuses

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
So is it basically confirmed from past years threads that if we hear nothing today its a WL or R? Is it possible to get an A right out on May 15th?

So is it basically confirmed from past years threads that if we hear nothing today its a WL or R? Is it possible to get an A right out on May 15th?
I think last year, WL notifications were sent out April 15. Rejection notifications came later. Someone said some A's MIGHT come out today, but acceptances will most like come out after May 1 through July as they go through the waitlist.

While it's possible notifications have been sent out today already and not been posted, emails in Nov weren't sent out until after 4 so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Best of luck to everyone regardless.

Have most other schools sent stuff out today? This is the only school I’ve been following.

While it's possible notifications have been sent out today already and not been posted, emails in Nov weren't sent out until after 4 so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Best of luck to everyone regardless.
That's true. It's all over the place when they send out their emails. Who knows. We have a few more hours of waiting before I call it quits for the day.