2022-2023 Indiana

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sorry you're right! Actually, after checking my emails you can tour a location only if 1. you have not been assigned a campus, or 2. You have been assigned the campus you are touring.

wait... So they already have assigned most of our campus and they just won't tell us until like mid-May? Last-minute housing like this is a huge pain in the ass
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y’all!
Question for campus placement: I know Indy is the largest/fits the most students. If I ranked it as first, are the odds of being placed there high? Not sure if stats or an early interview factor into that decision at all.

My fiancé is attending IUPUI so it would be nice to live with her. Hoping for the best in this situation and any info would be super helpful!
 
Hey y’all!
Question for campus placement: I know Indy is the largest/fits the most students. If I ranked it as first, are the odds of being placed there high? Not sure if stats or an early interview factor into that decision at all.

My fiancé is attending IUPUI so it would be nice to live with her. Hoping for the best in this situation and any info would be super helpful!
hey! i haven’t been placed yet but it all depends on 1) when you were accepted 2) how long it took you to fill out preferences and the rest is up to the lottery. depending on points 1 and 2 you may be able to assume you’d get placed at one of your top 2 picks, maybe top 3! take what i’m saying with a grain of salt ofc, as i’m in the same boat waiting for assignments!
 
hey! i haven’t been placed yet but it all depends on 1) when you were accepted 2) how long it took you to fill out preferences and the rest is up to the lottery. depending on points 1 and 2 you may be able to assume you’d get placed at one of your top 2 picks, maybe top 3! take what i’m saying with a grain of salt ofc, as i’m in the same boat waiting for assignments!
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it 🙂
I got the interview invite early august, the interview was in November and I got the acceptance in December. I also listed the preferences immediately upon receiving my acceptance. Hopefully that means something good!
Best of luck to you!!
 
hey! i haven’t been placed yet but it all depends on 1) when you were accepted 2) how long it took you to fill out preferences and the rest is up to the lottery. depending on points 1 and 2 you may be able to assume you’d get placed at one of your top 2 picks, maybe top 3! take what i’m saying with a grain of salt ofc, as i’m in the same boat waiting for assignments!
i’m under the impression that campus placement decisions come out after committing to the school. Is this correct?
 
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it 🙂
I got the interview invite early august, the interview was in November and I got the acceptance in December. I also listed the preferences immediately upon receiving my acceptance. Hopefully that means something good!
Best of luck to you!!
good luck to you as well!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an email to complete the Academic Record and Legal Disclosure Form this morning, finally logged into the portal to find out I was accepted. I thought they forgot about me seeing that I interviewed since early November.

Edit- I was assigned to the Indianapolis Campus
Congrats!!!
How did you find out about your campus placement? Were you regular decision/scholarship recipient?
 
Congrats!!!
How did you find out about your campus placement? Were you regular decision/scholarship recipient?
Thank you! I am regular decision and there was already a tab for campus placement when I logged in followed by an email from the school about my placement.
 
Alternate listed today.

Just reviewed last year's forum thread for info - sounds like we can expect mid-May sometime for people on WL to start getting letters in the mail, and the first round of post-I R's to come around the same time. WL decisions are not based on a ranked list but a "holistic" review (i.e. they try to replace withdrawals with similar candidates - IS/OOS, life experiences, etc.).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question: I am currently holding an acceptance at IU as well as another school. If I put IU as my "Plan to Enroll" school, does that mean that I am still able to keep my acceptance to the other school? It's when I "Commit to Enroll" that my applications are removed from other schools and I only keep the IU acceptance, correct?
 
Question: I am currently holding an acceptance at IU as well as another school. If I put IU as my "Plan to Enroll" school, does that mean that I am still able to keep my acceptance to the other school? It's when I "Commit to Enroll" that my applications are removed from other schools and I only keep the IU acceptance, correct?
May 1st you are supposed to drop to 1 acceptance. How other schools will handle this is up to the school, but on May 1 if they see you aren’t “Plan to Enroll” with them, then they can just pull your acceptance.
 
Question: I am currently holding an acceptance at IU as well as another school. If I put IU as my "Plan to Enroll" school, does that mean that I am still able to keep my acceptance to the other school? It's when I "Commit to Enroll" that my applications are removed from other schools and I only keep the IU acceptance, correct?
IU sent an email that if they are not your "Plan to Enroll" school, they will rescind your acceptance. Essentially, you need to decide between IU and your other school by May 1.

Essentially, you cant keep more than 1 acceptance past may 1. You can remain on waitlists though.
 
Before being placed on the "alternate" list I was going to submit an update (paper publications) -- do they even want them still? Or does it not matter anymore?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting on IU for campus assignments like…
1683050903788.gif