2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the last batch of scholarship offers has been sent out? I heard they decided last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a system behind the campus placement or if it's totally random?

Does anyone know if there is a system behind the campus placement or if it's totally random?
early decision, rural med, urban med, and scholarship holders are given their first choice, and I think they are committed to staying at that campus for the entire four years (someone correct me if I am wrong on that).

The process for campus placement for everyone else seems to have always been rather ambiguous. During my interview presentation they did say that it can be dependent on when you fill out your ranking on the applicant portal, but other than that it’s rather random and dependent on capacity of each campus. Im guessing the “lottery” aspect of it just uses some type of algorithm to keep the most students at their highest ranked location as possible.

Who knows if they factor other things into it.

early decision, rural med, urban med, and scholarship holders are given their first choice, and I think they are committed to staying at that campus for the entire four years (someone correct me if I am wrong on that).

The process for campus placement for everyone else seems to have always been rather ambiguous. During my interview presentation they did say that it can be dependent on when you fill out your ranking on the applicant portal, but other than that it’s rather random and dependent on capacity of each campus. Im guessing the “lottery” aspect of it just uses some type of algorithm to keep the most students at their highest ranked location as possible.

Who knows if they factor other things into it.
love the ambiguity of it all 🥲 Thanks for the info!

For those of you with As, would you mind sharing stats? IU is my state school and I plan on applying there this cycle, however, my stats aren't that great.

For those of you with As, would you mind sharing stats? IU is my state school and I plan on applying there this cycle, however, my stats aren't that great.
I am an OOS applicant:
MCAT: 505
GPA: 3.72
Research: 1050 hours as well as a published paper
Service: 2000+ hours (primarily because I took a service-oriented gap year)
Experience: worked as a phlebotomist at a hospital for a year
Shadowing: 50 hours

Reactions: 2 users
With regards to the whole lottery schtick, I was actually wondering if those who were selected for the Indy tour are more likely to get picked for that campus? I know only a limited number of people were invited.

With regards to the whole lottery schtick, I was actually wondering if those who were selected for the Indy tour are more likely to get picked for that campus? I know only a limited number of people were invited.
I don’t think that is factored into it, I think they could only accommodate a limited number of students. If it was sent to everyone there probably would have been an excessive number of people trying to attend. I went to a first look for a different campus and they said attendance has no influence in campus placement.

Although this may not be correct, I was under the impression that those who were invited to the Indy visit had already been placed at the Indy campus (due to ED, scholarships, etc.). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Although this may not be correct, I was under the impression that those who were invited to the Indy visit had already been placed at the Indy campus (due to ED, scholarships, etc.). Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I was invited to the Indy visit, and I haven’t been assigned to that campus or any campus. I didn’t apply ED nor receive a scholarship

Edit: Just withdrew my A from here, so who knows where I would’ve ended up. 😂 Good luck to y’all who are still waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It is actually the opposite! Those invited to tour the Indy campus are only those that have not been assigned a campus yet

Members don't see this ad :)
It is actually the opposite! Those invited to tour the Indy campus are only those that have not been assigned a campus yet
false, I know at least 2 people on the indy tour who had been assigned indy already

For those who haven’t heard back yet, are you filling out FAFSA?

false, I know at least 2 people on the indy tour who had been assigned indy already
sorry you're right! Actually, after checking my emails you can tour a location only if 1. you have not been assigned a campus, or 2. You have been assigned the campus you are touring.

sorry you're right! Actually, after checking my emails you can tour a location only if 1. you have not been assigned a campus, or 2. You have been assigned the campus you are touring.

wait... So they already have assigned most of our campus and they just won't tell us until like mid-May? Last-minute housing like this is a huge pain in the ass

Wait for the people that have already been assigned a campus, was that through ED or Scholarship?
I am hoping to hear back soon.

Hey y’all!
Question for campus placement: I know Indy is the largest/fits the most students. If I ranked it as first, are the odds of being placed there high? Not sure if stats or an early interview factor into that decision at all.

My fiancé is attending IUPUI so it would be nice to live with her. Hoping for the best in this situation and any info would be super helpful!

Hey y’all!
Question for campus placement: I know Indy is the largest/fits the most students. If I ranked it as first, are the odds of being placed there high? Not sure if stats or an early interview factor into that decision at all.

My fiancé is attending IUPUI so it would be nice to live with her. Hoping for the best in this situation and any info would be super helpful!
hey! i haven’t been placed yet but it all depends on 1) when you were accepted 2) how long it took you to fill out preferences and the rest is up to the lottery. depending on points 1 and 2 you may be able to assume you’d get placed at one of your top 2 picks, maybe top 3! take what i’m saying with a grain of salt ofc, as i’m in the same boat waiting for assignments!

hey! i haven’t been placed yet but it all depends on 1) when you were accepted 2) how long it took you to fill out preferences and the rest is up to the lottery. depending on points 1 and 2 you may be able to assume you’d get placed at one of your top 2 picks, maybe top 3! take what i’m saying with a grain of salt ofc, as i’m in the same boat waiting for assignments!
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it :)
I got the interview invite early august, the interview was in November and I got the acceptance in December. I also listed the preferences immediately upon receiving my acceptance. Hopefully that means something good!
Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
i’m under the impression that campus placement decisions come out after committing to the school. Is this correct?

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it :)
I got the interview invite early august, the interview was in November and I got the acceptance in December. I also listed the preferences immediately upon receiving my acceptance. Hopefully that means something good!
Best of luck to you!!
good luck to you as well!!

Complete silence since interview in Jan. Please just end my pain

Lol when are they gonna reject us. Like June? This is next level
Yeah its kind of ridiculous... I had to accept the offer to my masters program since the deadline was last week. I have a friend who got in last year around late May so I haven't lost hope completely.

Received an email to complete the Academic Record and Legal Disclosure Form this morning, finally logged into the portal to find out I was accepted. I thought they forgot about me seeing that I interviewed since early November.

Edit- I was assigned to the Indianapolis Campus

Reactions: 4 users
Received an email to complete the Academic Record and Legal Disclosure Form this morning, finally logged into the portal to find out I was accepted. I thought they forgot about me seeing that I interviewed since early November.

Edit- I was assigned to the Indianapolis Campus
Congrats!!!
How did you find out about your campus placement? Were you regular decision/scholarship recipient?

Congrats!!!
How did you find out about your campus placement? Were you regular decision/scholarship recipient?
Thank you! I am regular decision and there was already a tab for campus placement when I logged in followed by an email from the school about my placement.

Got placed on the alternate list today. Anybody know the odds of coming off of it?

Alternate listed today.

Just reviewed last year's forum thread for info - sounds like we can expect mid-May sometime for people on WL to start getting letters in the mail, and the first round of post-I R's to come around the same time. WL decisions are not based on a ranked list but a "holistic" review (i.e. they try to replace withdrawals with similar candidates - IS/OOS, life experiences, etc.).

Got on the WL!!! This was my only II and I’m so happy to have finally heard something since its been silence since November.

Reactions: 4 users
Listed as an alternate! This is my second waitlist. I am not feeling as hopeless as I was before.

Got alternate list email yesterday afternoon

Reactions: 1 users