2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know why AMCAS reports that IU didn’t accept anyone off the waitlist, at least in 2024? Is this accurate?

It doesn’t seem accurate based on last years thread…

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A, hoping it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my A, hoping it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!
Congrats!!!—mind saying where you’re going instead? I remember seeing your earlier post about this being your 4th app cycle. Stoked for you to have multiple acceptances this time around!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!!—mind saying where you’re going instead? I remember seeing your earlier post about this being your 4th app cycle. Stoked for you to have multiple acceptances this time around!!!
I appreciate the kind words! I choose Tulane, it was a 100% vibe match for me :)

Reactions: 4 users
I appreciate the kind words! I choose Tulane, it was a 100% vibe match for me :)
Of course, I admire the perseverance immensely!

And that’s awesome—a couple doctors I’ve worked with went there and they loved it!

Reactions: 1 users
Question: I am currently holding an acceptance at IU as well as another school. If I put IU as my "Plan to Enroll" school, does that mean that I am still able to keep my acceptance to the other school? It's when I "Commit to Enroll" that my applications are removed from other schools and I only keep the IU acceptance, correct?

Question: I am currently holding an acceptance at IU as well as another school. If I put IU as my "Plan to Enroll" school, does that mean that I am still able to keep my acceptance to the other school? It's when I "Commit to Enroll" that my applications are removed from other schools and I only keep the IU acceptance, correct?
May 1st you are supposed to drop to 1 acceptance. How other schools will handle this is up to the school, but on May 1 if they see you aren’t “Plan to Enroll” with them, then they can just pull your acceptance.

IU sent an email that if they are not your "Plan to Enroll" school, they will rescind your acceptance. Essentially, you need to decide between IU and your other school by May 1.

Essentially, you cant keep more than 1 acceptance past may 1. You can remain on waitlists though.

Reactions: 1 user
Before being placed on the "alternate" list I was going to submit an update (paper publications) -- do they even want them still? Or does it not matter anymore?

Before being placed on the "alternate" list I was going to submit an update (paper publications) -- do they even want them still? Or does it not matter anymore?
I say still send it because you have nothing to lose.

Members don't see this ad :)
just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Waiting on IU for campus assignments like…
1683050903788.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Not IU sending this email with "Updates" in the headline only to gaslight us by not releasing campus placement

Getting another under consideration email…is straight up triggering. How’s is it may and they haven’t reached a decision on my app? Just send out Rs this is unreal…

Getting another under consideration email…is straight up triggering. How’s is it may and they haven’t reached a decision on my app? Just send out Rs this is unreal…

Pfff I know atm they are just trolling us

feels bad to have to let this one go. hopefully one of you guys get the seat! good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
IU cares about you and your mental health. That's why they sent an alternate list acceptance email that looks like an acceptance. :) /s /s /s /s /s /s

• Haha
I didn’t even receive a decision yet and got this email
Ohh ok, for some reason I thought everyone either got an A/waitlist/rejection during the last batch of emails. I hope you hear something soon! Being in limbo is horrible.

IU is trying to give me a heart attack...anyone else get the transcript email?

Don't lose hope because according to the Fin Aid director, they will be pulling quite a few students from the wait list by the 24th of this month :). I believe he said the class was at 292 (might be slightly off) and they need to reach 366.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Don't lose hope because according to the Fin Aid director, they will be pulling quite a few students from the wait list by the 24th of this month :). I believe he said the class was at 292 (might be slightly off) and they need to reach 366.

That’s great news!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Post-II R yesterday...Interviewed for MSTP, R from MSTP and now MD program, sadge. 2x the Ls

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just found out they are providing our class with laptops and the required software, so hold off on buying new ones :giggle:

Reactions: 4 users
This anticipation is killing me lol. When do you guys think the first people will hear back from the waitlist?

I’m guessing any day now. I can’t stop refreshing my email every 2 seconds lol
I think in last year's forum they said they found out via letter, not email

I think in last year's forum they said they found out via letter, not email

I’m really hoping it’s through email! It looks like previous years besides last year were mostly email so I guess it could end up going either way.