2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
okay interesting. I only ask bc I was wondering how they selected for the second wave of alternate. I happen to have written an LOI. But I guess that disproves my theory that the Loi kept me in the running so it’s prob some combination of other factor that saved us from the R

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the alternate list email in the second wave. OOS and interviewed January. Kind of surprised since my interviewers seemed neither amused or impressed by my answers lol. Didn't write an LOI, didn't attend any webinars, didn't answer the survey (basically have had no communication w/ them since my interview). Maybe my experience can serve as some sort of data point for people trying to make sense of IU's process. It seems like a great program and I hope it works out for those still waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
What type of stuff is update worthy? What exactly do you say in LOI and what type of tone do you use?

For a LOI, did you guys simply upload your letter to your portal, or did you also email the admissions committee?
I have only uploaded everything via the portal and not emailed admissions.

So if we haven't received a WL email by now is that basically an R?
Historically it seems this way. However, this cycle seems to be unpredictable. Especially since 2 weeks ago, most ppl thought that they were rejected around the 15th but then got the second wave of WL msg like myself. I would caution against withdrawing your app prematurely since time and money was invested. Hopefully u have an Acceptance already, but if not prior planning for this upcoming cycle will allow for better chances

For Transcripts, IUSM said please send ALL final transcripts to the email. I already completed undergrad 2 years ago so I had sent a final transcript when I sent it to amcas. Do I need to send it again to IU directly?

as for grad school, I have new grade so I will send that final transcript for sure

What percent of everyone on here will 100% accept an acceptance if they are given one from the WL? Do most people on here have other acceptances that are on the WL?

Reactions: 3 users
Were there any in-state people placed on the alternate list during the second wave? It looks like all those who said they were in the second wave were OOS so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Transcripts, IUSM said please send ALL final transcripts to the email. I already completed undergrad 2 years ago so I had sent a final transcript when I sent it to amcas. Do I need to send it again to IU directly?

as for grad school, I have new grade so I will send that final transcript for sure
Yes you have to send all transcripts directly to IU, they do not transfer over from AMCAS.

Got the 'why IU' email. I'm praying that the next email I get from them is an A email. Please take me off the waitlist IU and bless me with an A😭😭😭

Were there any in-state people placed on the alternate list during the second wave? It looks like all those who said they were in the second wave were OOS so far.
I was in-state, interviewed in November and was placed on the alternate list on Friday. I am not sure what to think.

Reactions: 2 users
With most iu people matching back to Indiana or the Midwest - is that a self selection thing like they prefer that or regional bias as in it’s hard to match outside of the Midwest
I’m not sure about the first part of your question but IU had matched student a pretty well outside of the Midwest

Any ACCEPTANCES from the waitlist after April 30th?

Any ACCEPTANCES from the waitlist after April 30th?
Looking at past threads, It appears they still roughly stick the the 15th to announce alternate list acceptances. The 15th this month is on a Saturday, so we might not hear anything until the 17th.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any predictions or inside info as to what kind of waitlist movement we might expect over the next couple of months?

Anyone have any predictions or inside info as to what kind of waitlist movement we might expect over the next couple of months?
Most accepted students have no idea what campus they are assigned to yet. I can imagine a lot of people will withdraw when campus assignments are sent out and they don’t get their top choice. Looking at past threads it seems like waitlist acceptances go out after campus assignment , so that’s when I would expect the most movement. They’ve been vague about when campus assignment will go out, but it will honestly be any day now (last year it was may 4th).

Most accepted students have no idea what campus they are assigned to yet. I can imagine a lot of people will withdraw when campus assignments are sent out and they don’t get their top choice. Looking at past threads it seems like waitlist acceptances go out after campus assignment , so that’s when I would expect the most movement. They’ve been vague about when campus assignment will go out, but it will honestly be any day now (last year it was may 4th).
But if everyone had to narrow down their acceptances to 1 school on April 30th, then how is it that someone can drop their acceptance at IU and decide to go to another school after ?

But if everyone had to narrow down their acceptances to 1 school on April 30th, then how is it that someone can drop their acceptance at IU and decide to go to another school after ?
Really the AMCAS guidelines are suggestions, it depends more on the individual school guidelines. Some schools do not require an applicant to commit to enroll until June/July. Even the AAMC guidelines say applicants can still hold multiple acceptances if they are waiting on financial aid or other pertinent information from the medical schools... in this case where the applicant will live for the next 2-4 years.

April 30th is really a courtesy deadline i think. IUSM gives roughly until middle of July to commit to enroll. In a perfect world IU would have released campus decisions prior to April 30th so that people can make their final choices in a timely manner but unfortunately that’s not the case :/

Campus placement emails just went out. I got mine at 3:06 pm Denver time today.

Is there an accepted students GroupMe or Facebook? In need of potential apt or roomie suggestions w campus placements out
Look up "IUSM Class of 2025" on Facebook, and there are links to the classwide groupme and the individual campus groupme's!

what do you mean you're a deferral? also, congrats!!!
I think that means they were accepted last cycle and the elected to begin school this august instead of back in 2020

How long is dedication time for step 1 studying at Iu ?

did anyone else get a campus decision aside from the 1 person that posted? Sure would help with WL movement. Most ppl would drop their A if they end up somewhere they don't want

did anyone else get a campus decision aside from the 1 person that posted? Sure would help with WL movement. Most ppl would drop their A if they end up somewhere they don't want
Yes, all the accepted students got their campus decisions at the same time

It's getting close to May 15th! Hoping for some big waitlist movement and wishing the best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted just now off the waitlist for the NW campus!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
accepted off the waitlist to muncie. oos

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
So if we didn't hear back today is it another month of waiting? Or do they do A's on a rolling basis

Also got accepted off the alternate list today via email at 3:59! Headed to Fort Wayne!
IS

• Love
I just sent an email to withdraw from the alternate list. Congratulations to everyone who got their A today. Good luck to everyone still waiting. May you get to witness and bask in the light at the end of the tunnel ❤❤

also got the acceptance email yesterday off the waitlist. NW-gary campus, IS :)
best of luck to those still waiting, I hope you all get in!

• Love
Just received my rejection 😊😊😊 oh well. I have somewhere else to go so I'm not that bummed. Good luck to everyone!! We're going to make fantastic physicians one day :)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users