2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
For what its worth, am WLed and sent nothing!
 
After you upload the IU alternate contract, do you guys see anything in status? Like is it supposed to be updated under "Application Category" or something
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah I don't see anything. I uploaded it the day I got it and nothing has changed, I'm hoping they received it lol
After you upload the IU alternate contract, do you guys see anything in status? Like is it supposed to be updated under "Application Category" or something
 

Attachments

  • F6D44C24-B8BC-4B2A-B6A2-6335DF1A0EE7.jpeg
    F6D44C24-B8BC-4B2A-B6A2-6335DF1A0EE7.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 370
Had you already sent your transcripts in? I didn't receive that email but I sent mine in already, i wonder if that has anything to do with it.
 
Had you already sent your transcripts in? I didn't receive that email but I sent mine in already, i wonder if that has anything to do with it.
No. I hadn't sent them before because I thought this was for those who were taking classes this semester and I am not not. I thought they are transferred form AMCAS to the admissions office
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last Year's Timeline:
April 23rd: First batch WL Notification
April 29th: Second batch WL Notification
May 13th: First Batch of A's from WL (via email)
May 14th: First Post-I Rejections

Given that we got the "First" batch of WL notifications on May 4th, I wouldn't be shocked if we got another week before there's any movement on the WL and R's. Hang tight gang, we are gonna be here for a minute.
 
Last Year's Timeline:
April 23rd: First batch WL Notification
April 29th: Second batch WL Notification
May 13th: First Batch of A's from WL (via email)
May 14th: First Post-I Rejections

Given that we got the "First" batch of WL notifications on May 4th, I wouldn't be shocked if we got another week before there's any movement on the WL and R's. Hang tight gang, we are gonna be here for a minute.
Yeah but at this point it would be decent of them to let people know if they’re rejected if they aren’t on the WL.
 
Has anyone called them and asked what the hold up is lol
I called now. They said that moving forward, the committee does not meet on the 15th of each month. So we are not necessarily expecting something this week. They meet whenever a spot becomes available to discuss who gets off the list.

I didn't ask about rejections, but my guess is that their answer would be that they have till June 1st to give an answer.
 
I called now. They said that moving forward, the committee does not meet on the 15th of each month. So we are not necessarily expecting something this week. They meet whenever a spot becomes available to discuss who gets off the list.

I didn't ask about rejections, but my guess is that their answer would be that they have till June 1st to give an answer.
Yeah that makes sense. In years past, theres a wave of acceptances off the WL first, then they kinda trickle in.

The fact that they haven't said anything does NOT necessarily mean that there is no room for people off the WL yet. They may be waiting for even more spots to open so that they can send out a big wave first like they usually do. Also, keep in mind that the past couple of years they haven't sent out R's until after that wave.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they accepted people off of the waitlist and then the following day sent out rejections. Has any of you gotten accepted off of the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in years past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)
 
For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in year past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)
Damn, did our WL movement already happen? 😂
 
For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in years past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)
Yeah but last year's applicants only go the waitlist notification on April 23rd, whereas we have gotten it on May 4th. So if the time gap is the same as last years (20 days) , we *theoretically* should hear something today or tomorrow.