2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which email do I use to withdraw my acceptance? I have emailed 3 different emails when looking for answers to things and never got an email back lol.
I believe you can withdraw your app from the application page. Email works too though.

Edit: never mind. If there's an option to withdraw on the app page I can't find it. Don't think it exists.

Members don't see this ad.

For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
For what its worth, am WLed and sent nothing!

After you upload the IU alternate contract, do you guys see anything in status? Like is it supposed to be updated under "Application Category" or something

Members don't see this ad :)
After you upload the IU alternate contract, do you guys see anything in status? Like is it supposed to be updated under "Application Category" or something
Nah I don't see anything. I uploaded it the day I got it and nothing has changed, I'm hoping they received it lol

Reactions: 1 user
Nah I don't see anything. I uploaded it the day I got it and nothing has changed, I'm hoping they received it lol

Attachments

• F6D44C24-B8BC-4B2A-B6A2-6335DF1A0EE7.jpeg
    F6D44C24-B8BC-4B2A-B6A2-6335DF1A0EE7.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 172
Had you already sent your transcripts in? I didn't receive that email but I sent mine in already, i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had you already sent your transcripts in? I didn't receive that email but I sent mine in already, i wonder if that has anything to do with it.
No. I hadn't sent them before because I thought this was for those who were taking classes this semester and I am not not. I thought they are transferred form AMCAS to the admissions office

Reactions: 1 users
Last Year's Timeline:
April 23rd: First batch WL Notification
April 29th: Second batch WL Notification
May 13th: First Batch of A's from WL (via email)
May 14th: First Post-I Rejections

Given that we got the "First" batch of WL notifications on May 4th, I wouldn't be shocked if we got another week before there's any movement on the WL and R's. Hang tight gang, we are gonna be here for a minute.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Last Year's Timeline:
April 23rd: First batch WL Notification
April 29th: Second batch WL Notification
May 13th: First Batch of A's from WL (via email)
May 14th: First Post-I Rejections

Given that we got the "First" batch of WL notifications on May 4th, I wouldn't be shocked if we got another week before there's any movement on the WL and R's. Hang tight gang, we are gonna be here for a minute.
Yeah but at this point it would be decent of them to let people know if they’re rejected if they aren’t on the WL.

Yeah but at this point it would be decent of them to let people know if they’re rejected if they aren’t on the WL.
Oh I fully agree with you my friend, it's just not uncommon for this particular school

Does anybody here know if there will be scholarship opportunities available for those who get off the waitlist?

Has anyone called them and asked what the hold up is lol

Has anyone called them and asked what the hold up is lol
I called now. They said that moving forward, the committee does not meet on the 15th of each month. So we are not necessarily expecting something this week. They meet whenever a spot becomes available to discuss who gets off the list.

I didn't ask about rejections, but my guess is that their answer would be that they have till June 1st to give an answer.

Reactions: 3 users
I called now. They said that moving forward, the committee does not meet on the 15th of each month. So we are not necessarily expecting something this week. They meet whenever a spot becomes available to discuss who gets off the list.

I didn't ask about rejections, but my guess is that their answer would be that they have till June 1st to give an answer.
Yeah that makes sense. In years past, theres a wave of acceptances off the WL first, then they kinda trickle in.

The fact that they haven't said anything does NOT necessarily mean that there is no room for people off the WL yet. They may be waiting for even more spots to open so that they can send out a big wave first like they usually do. Also, keep in mind that the past couple of years they haven't sent out R's until after that wave.

Reactions: 5 users
I just wish we would know how many people are typically accepted off WL ):

Reactions: 5 users
Idk what this means, but I'm going to rationalize it as good news to remain sane.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe it means that the committee met today?!

Does the timing of getting on WL matter? Some ppl got on it in October 2021 and some are getting the email now in May 2022?

Does the timing of getting on WL matter? Some ppl got on it in October 2021 and some are getting the email now in May 2022?
Nobody got on the WL in October. The first WL's were offered on May 4th, and there may have been a small batch yesterday. When people say they haven't heard anything since October, they're referring to when they interviewed.

Reactions: 2 users
Just caught the post II R. Never made any waitlist. Lucky enough to have interviewed and be on another waitlist, congrats to everyone else

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Last year they accepted people off of the waitlist and then the following day sent out rejections. Has any of you gotten accepted off of the waitlist?

Really hoping we see some waitlist movement this week

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Watch there be movement the day after primary submission for next cycle becomes available lol

For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in years past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)

For the sake of transparency, I was bored at work and found the first days that people got off the alternate list on SDN in year past. It doesn't look great.

First WL’s Accepted:
2016-2017: July 3rd (Monday, but via mail)
2017-2018: June 22nd (Friday)
2018-2019: June 7th (Friday)
2019-2020: May 15th (Friday)
2020-2021: May 13th (Thursday)
Damn, did our WL movement already happen? 😂

I wish, my hunch is that we're gonna look more like 2017/2018 lol

• Okay...