2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just an FYI, I just followed up with admissions. They sent out the June 17th email to students who neither selected PTE nor CTE for IU on AMCAS, but the CTE deadline is still July 11th for people who are on PTE!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
OOS. The cost of living is pretty similar for me for the two schools I was deciding between. I’m realizing how many housing scams there are online though!

It is but Indiana put out emails this week that they were requiring the CTE by today or they would drop the acceptance. I get it but I was waiting on my financial aid package from the other school and trying to decide between Indiana and another school. I already withdrew my As from two schools a couple months ago.

Ultimately I withdrew my A for the Urban Medicine program in Gary today. Obv I have no idea how many others were dropped today or withdrew because of their CTE deadline, but I’m hopeful for all of you on the WL to get in if you’re still waiting! Indiana seems like a great program! Best of luck future docs
So as far as the UMP goes acceptances may go out this week? I have 1 A at a low tier but am banking on the UMP waitlist the whole time.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is the UMP completely separate Fron regular applications? I thought students applied for scholarly concentration programs during their first year?

At what point are yall pulling out of waiting? Like, I really want to get into IU but damn. When is the breaking point?

At what point are yall pulling out of waiting? Like, I really want to get into IU but damn. When is the breaking point?
I’d give my left nut for an IU A but I can’t bring myself to withdraw and find housing states away. I’ve passed 2 deadlines I’ve set for myself already lol

Reactions: 1 user
i think there is still hope considering that they start in august

Does anyone have else have no A's? Secondary's go out on Friday and I am only on WL's so I have to just submit secondaries while I wait lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to give up my A here bc I'm out of state but my instate school hates me :(

Reactions: 1 users
Or is the urban medicine and health care disparities concentration different from the urban medicine program?
they are the same program! The applications for scholarly concentrations are already open. I applied to UMP shortly after my acceptance to IU and got accepted into the program a few months after. But I am pretty sure the applications stay open during the first year.

they are the same program! The applications for scholarly concentrations are already open. I applied to UMP shortly after my acceptance to IU and got accepted into the program a few months after. But I am pretty sure the applications stay open during the first year.
Ahh that's interesting! Is ur Campus at Gary now? The northwest Gary campus?

There’s been like minimal waitlist movement this year
Right! and it seems like usually by now they would have had a second or third wave of acceptances. But maybe they just haven't been reported on here like usual who knows. Also do y'all think they are still sending acceptances in the mail this late in the summer like they did for the first wave? That could be a hold up too.

Just got the A in the mail. Evansville!!! No email yet, IS resident but it was sent to my permanent address in a neighboring state.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A in the mail. Evansville!!! No email yet, IS resident but it was sent to my permanent address in a neighboring state.
Omg Congrats!! Your portal hasn’t updated yet has it?

Just got the A in the mail! Gary campus through the UMP. OOS. No email or portal update yet

can someone comment on IU's match list? why is it so secretive that its not online?

Portal Updated, CYMS not available yet but the portal has changed at least.

If you get accepted off the alternate and accept the admission, is the decision binding?

Sending ✨✨Good Luck✨✨ energy to all on the WL waiting for an A!

Recently got accepted! Don't give up hope!!! 💪

Reactions: 6 users
I feel the same way. If only I got accepted to my state school or even a nearby school, I would happily give my A to one of you folks

Hi if anyone recently accepted to the Gary campus is looking to apt search together message me! (girl roomies only sorry)

Should we expect to see more acceptances after July 11?
i don't see why not. at every open house i went to last cycle over the summer, adcoms were saying that they were still finalizing their class. while it might not be a whole wave of acceptances, i would say any acceptance is fair game until the first week of class.

I just found out I was accepted as the letter came in the mail, dated June 21 but was not in the mailbox when I opened the mailbox earlier this week. As my current A school's CTE deadline was earlier this week I have already committed. When committing to the CTE the AMCAS system still said that I was on the waitlist, and I withdrew, not knowingly that I had received an acceptance.

Am I at a loss? Had my CTE deadline been later I would've known by then, but the letter took a while to reach the west coast.

Hey guys! I’m late but for those still waiting on the waitlist keep hope alive because I just got the call around midday yesterday saying that I was accepted!! Which I was not expecting bc I thought they were still doing mail. This process is so grueling but I truly wish everyone the best of luck and hope that you all will receive good news as well! Also I’m OOS btw.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I’m late but for those still waiting on the waitlist keep hope alive because I just got the call around midday yesterday saying that I was accepted!! Which I was not expecting bc I thought they were still doing mail. This process is so grueling but I truly wish everyone the best of luck and hope that you all will receive good news as well! Also I’m OOS btw.
What campus?

I just found out I was accepted as the letter came in the mail, dated June 21 but was not in the mailbox when I opened the mailbox earlier this week. As my current A school's CTE deadline was earlier this week I have already committed. When committing to the CTE the AMCAS system still said that I was on the waitlist, and I withdrew, not knowingly that I had received an acceptance.

Am I at a loss? Had my CTE deadline been later I would've known by then, but the letter took a while to reach the west coast.
So sorry.. but I think CTE is final unless the school does something...

Hi if anyone recently accepted to the Gary campus is looking to apt search together message me! (girl roomies only sorry)
Hi! I can't message you but I am looking for a roommate for the Gary campus and am a girl!! Message me pleaseeee

So like..... anyone ever had the fear that this late in the game, you'll sign a lease elsewhere for a school you've gotten into, and then IU gives ya a call? Me rn 😐👎😭😭😭

Edit: no I didn't get in 😭😭😭 I just fear getting in after I sign a lease far away later tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So like..... anyone ever had the fear that this late in the game, you'll sign a lease elsewhere for a school you've gotten into, and then IU gives ya a call? Me rn 😐👎😭😭😭😭
Can you cancel the lease?