Auburn Cvm c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefuldvm2022

AUCVM c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's get a thread started! This is for individuals accepted into Auburn vet school for the class of 2022 and will be going in the fall! Who else is excited to start their veterinary career!?

Members don't see this ad.

History of me:
BS biology 2008
MS biomedical studies 2011
AAS Veterinary Technology 2016
Work as a LVT in the ICU of a different vet school than Auburn. 2 years average 45-50 hours per week at work.
Foster parent to dogs (>100 dogs/puppies in 2010 year alone) Focused on neonate, injured, nursing mother's, and medical fosters.
Shadowed at both large and small animal clinics.
200 hours clinical experience in tech school at state vet school.
Third application try. Only interviewed by Auburn. Applied to 4 oos schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all. I am excited but also TERRIFIED to start school in the fall! I'm OOS state and moving from Asheville NC with my hound, lab mix and tarantula.

I graduated with a Biology degree (concentration in ecology and evolution) from Western Carolina University in 2011. Then returned to school to get my AAS in Veterinary Technology. I graduated and earned my RVT license in 2013. I've been working in different settings since I was a teenager including doing wildlife rehabilitation at the Carolina Raptor Center.

The highlight of my career so far has been working as a RVT and traveling with Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. I acknowledge the varying opinions on Circuses and performing animals, and would love to share my experiences if anyone has questions.

For the last two years I have been working in a mixed animal day practice and then working nights/weekends at the local 24/7 emergency hospital. My main focus recently has been getting certified as Fear Free Professional.

Outside of work/vet med, I really enjoy comics, video games, painting, hiking with my dogs, and spending time with the family.

I can't wait to meet you all! Feel free to message me at any time!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m currently waitlisted but am hopeful so going to be following this thread. Congrats to everyone excepted! Hoping soooo badly I get pulled off the waitlist.
I’m graduating with my bachelors of biology this summer. 1st time applicant. I have about 400 hours of veterinary assistant experience in general practice and currently work in a surgical and physical therapy specialty practice in which I currently have around 1500 hours. Currently involved in a molecular genetics research lab. Hope to be able to join you all this fall!!!! War Eagle!

I’m currently waitlisted but am hopeful so going to be following this thread. Congrats to everyone excepted! Hoping soooo badly I get pulled off the waitlist.
I’m graduating with my bachelors of biology this summer. 1st time applicant. I have about 400 hours of veterinary assistant experience in general practice and currently work in a surgical and physical therapy specialty practice in which I currently have around 1500 hours. Currently involved in a molecular genetics research lab. Hope to be able to join you all this fall!!!! War Eagle!
Wow. Accepted*** lolol

Hey all. I am excited but also TERRIFIED to start school in the fall! I'm OOS state and moving from Asheville NC with my hound, lab mix and tarantula.

I graduated with a Biology degree (concentration in ecology and evolution) from Western Carolina University in 2011. Then returned to school to get my AAS in Veterinary Technology. I graduated and earned my RVT license in 2013. I've been working in different settings since I was a teenager including doing wildlife rehabilitation at the Carolina Raptor Center.

The highlight of my career so far has been working as a RVT and traveling with Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. I acknowledge the varying opinions on Circuses and performing animals, and would love to share my experiences if anyone has questions.

For the last two years I have been working in a mixed animal day practice and then working nights/weekends at the local 24/7 emergency hospital. My main focus recently has been getting certified as Fear Free Professional.

Outside of work/vet med, I really enjoy comics, video games, painting, hiking with my dogs, and spending time with the family.

I can't wait to meet you all! Feel free to message me at any time!
Wow, what amazing experiences! Will you be focused more on exotics/zoo/wildlife in school? Or are you more interested in something else?

You mentioned your pets and I forgot mine... 4 dogs and 2 rats! The dogs are all mutts, ranging from 12lbs to 37lbs. 2 are Foster failures! .

I totally understand working weekends and nights! My current work schedule is Friday night- Monday mornings 7:30pm -8:30am.

My husband and I are looking forward to checking out the Tuskegee Forest Park for hiking and camping these next four years. Maybe you can take your pups there!

Wow, what amazing experiences! Will you be focused more on exotics/zoo/wildlife in school? Or are you more interested in something else?

You mentioned your pets and I forgot mine... 4 dogs and 2 rats! The dogs are all mutts, ranging from 12lbs to 37lbs. 2 are Foster failures! .

I totally understand working weekends and nights! My current work schedule is Friday night- Monday mornings 7:30pm -8:30am.

My husband and I are looking forward to checking out the Tuskegee Forest Park for hiking and camping these next four years. Maybe you can take your pups there!

Thank you so much. That's my intention right now, but I also have a strong interest in emergency med and critical care. So we will see where Vet school guides me!

Hello future classmates!
First off, congrats! I'm really excited/nervous about starting. Looks like there is some awesome experiences listed!
About me-
From Atlanta, Ga
Graduated from Kennesaw State with a bachelor of science in Biology, concentration in pre-vet last year.
I work full time at a small animal hospital with 2 vets (husband and wife) that actually both graduated and met at Auburn! So you can just imagine how excited they are. Haha. I love my job and both doctors. They are amazing surgeons and amazing people all around. I was drawn to Auburn specifically because of them.
I have 2 silly basset hounds and 1 cat.
Outside of work, I still work haha, but it's more of hobby working. I perform in musical theatre, do princess parties and other cosplay events. I love singing.
I've applied to 3 other schools and got offered 2 out of 3. The third I received a spot on the waitlist.

Thank you so much. That's my intention right now, but I also have a strong interest in emergency med and critical care. So we will see where Vet school guides me!
My focus currently is ECC. But I'm interested in doing shelter med as a volunteer or side situation after school. Both are my passion.

Hello future classmates!
First off, congrats! I'm really excited/nervous about starting. Looks like there is some awesome experiences listed!
About me-
From Atlanta, Ga
Graduated from Kennesaw State with a bachelor of science in Biology, concentration in pre-vet last year.
I work full time at a small animal hospital with 2 vets (husband and wife) that actually both graduated and met at Auburn! So you can just imagine how excited they are. Haha. I love my job and both doctors. They are amazing surgeons and amazing people all around. I was drawn to Auburn specifically because of them.
Outside of work, I still work haha, but it's more of hobby working. I perform in musical theatre, do princess parties and other cosplay events. I love singing.
I've applied to 3 other schools and got offered 2 out of 3. The third I received a spot on the waitlist.
I am currently at Kennesaw State!! Awesome

I am currently at Kennesaw State!! Awesome
Awesome!! Are you the one I met at interviews? Jan 30th? I talked to a girl that was currently at Kennesaw. Might have been you! If not, there's someone else there that applied!

Hi, so were u IS or OOS. And I heard Auburn is STILL interviewing. Do you know how many seats are open for OOS students? Thanx
History of me:
BS biology 2008
MS biomedical studies 2011
AAS Veterinary Technology 2016
Work as a LVT in the ICU of a different vet school than Auburn. 2 years average 45-50 hours per week at work.
Foster parent to dogs (>100 dogs/puppies in 2010 year alone) Focused on neonate, injured, nursing mother's, and medical fosters.
Shadowed at both large and small animal clinics.
200 hours clinical experience in tech school at state vet school.
Third application try. Only interviewed by Auburn. Applied to 4 oos schools.
i

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a quick tip to those of y'all bringing pets with you to Auburn... The city requires pet licenses.

I think you have the wrong Auburn, no licenses needed in Auburn, AL :)

I'm a current third year if you have any questions

Last edited:
Awesome!! Are you the one I met at interviews? Jan 30th? I talked to a girl that was currently at Kennesaw. Might have been you! If not, there's someone else there that applied!
If I was on crutches then yep that was me :laugh:

I'm super excited to start school this fall!!! Does anyone have an idea of what orientation will be like? I feel like I'm bothering the admissions office with all of my calls... Lol

I'm super excited to start school this fall!!! Does anyone have an idea of what orientation will be like? I feel like I'm bothering the admissions office with all of my calls... Lol
I'm so excited too, I can't wait to meet everyone❤❤❤ What're you doing about housing? I've been on the hunt for a trailer but the internet listings are sparse. I heard we can get on an email list that'll send us notifications of listings from 4th year students but idk.. I just want to find a place sooner rather than later

Reactions: 2 users
I'm so excited too, I can't wait to meet everyone❤❤❤ What're you doing about housing? I've been on the hunt for a trailer but the internet listings are sparse. I heard we can get on an email list that'll send us notifications of listings from 4th year students but idk.. I just want to find a place sooner rather than later

I'm wondering the same and have been searching also! I hope we get a lot of that info at orientation.

Congrats on getting accepted everyone! I am currently a first year and my 2 roommates are moving out of our duplex, so I am in need of 2 people to live with next year. I'm pretty introverted, quiet, and stay in my room for the most part. If you're interested in a room, please PM me!!

Oh and I also have a cat, in case any of you are allergic!

Hi All!

I am currently 90% sure I will be attending auburn this fall, unless I get pulled off my IS waitlist (unlikely). I am originally from outside of Chicago and I go to school in Wisconsin and am graduating this spring with a bachelors in biochemistry. Most of my experience is in research and I have been working in a genetics research lab for the past 2 and a half years. But I am most interested in small animal medicine and surgery.

I think auburn will be a big adjustment for me but I am very excited! I am definitely more of a city girl so I think the small town feel is what is going to be the hardest thing for me to adjust to. But everything I have seen and heard about the school makes me very excited to go there. I know that a lot of students find trailers but I was wondering what other kind of living situations students have.

Looking forward to meeting people!

Hi All!

I am currently 90% sure I will be attending auburn this fall, unless I get pulled off my IS waitlist (unlikely). I am originally from outside of Chicago and I go to school in Wisconsin and am graduating this spring with a bachelors in biochemistry. Most of my experience is in research and I have been working in a genetics research lab for the past 2 and a half years. But I am most interested in small animal medicine and surgery.

I think auburn will be a big adjustment for me but I am very excited! I am definitely more of a city girl so I think the small town feel is what is going to be the hardest thing for me to adjust to. But everything I have seen and heard about the school makes me very excited to go there. I know that a lot of students find trailers but I was wondering what other kind of living situations students have.

Looking forward to meeting people!
So you HAVE gotten accepted to Auburn? And u are just waiting to see about your IS first?

Do you have any large animal experience at all.?
Hello future classmates!
About me-
From Atlanta, Ga
u

Does anyone know places that are popular for vet students to live in auburn besides the trailer parks?

Welcome lunch is August 6th and orientation will start the 7th!

Attachments

• 7AFAEEE4-95C0-4394-B62E-98DA4BCE4CCE.png
    7AFAEEE4-95C0-4394-B62E-98DA4BCE4CCE.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 5DF14E40-719B-485F-9E14-D529AA1FBCC5.png
    5DF14E40-719B-485F-9E14-D529AA1FBCC5.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 107
Does anyone know places that are popular for vet students to live in auburn besides the trailer parks?

Longleaf crossings is a really good neighborhood with duplexes, and Crossland Downs is an apartment complex right across from the vet school. Longleaf Villa condos are also really nice!

Hi! I'm a KY resident, and I'm excited to be at Auburn this fall! I am wondering if anyone has any info on the tablets that we are required to buy. Mr. Sellars told me last week that we should find out by this Monday because they had finalized which ones we would be using. I'm just trying to get ahead of them when everyone goes to buy them. Also, I just bought a trailer in Stonegate, across the street from the vet school, and I am looking for a roommate! I'm getting a Giant Schnauzer puppy and will have her with me, but other than that I'm clean, and relatively boring LOL.

Hi! I'm a KY resident, and I'm excited to be at Auburn this fall! I am wondering if anyone has any info on the tablets that we are required to buy. Mr. Sellars told me last week that we should find out by this Monday because they had finalized which ones we would be using. I'm just trying to get ahead of them when everyone goes to buy them. Also, I just bought a trailer in Stonegate, across the street from the vet school, and I am looking for a roommate! I'm getting a Giant Schnauzer puppy and will have her with me, but other than that I'm clean, and relatively boring LOL.

Congrats on being accepted! If you're in the '22 Facebook group, Tajuan should have info on the tablets for you there. You also will order the tablets in a specific way through the school, and everyone gets them at the same time during orientation week :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on being accepted! If you're in the '22 Facebook group, Tajuan should have info on the tablets for you there. You also will order the tablets in a specific way through the school, and everyone gets them at the same time during orientation week :)
Still cant find the C/O 2022 facebook page .!

Still cant find the C/O 2022 facebook page - is it up yet?

Still cant find the C/O 2022 facebook page - is it up yet?

Yes, you’ll need to email Tajuan in order to get the link and be accepted into the group. At least that’s how they did it for us last year!

Hey! Does anyone know anything about this Anatomy Workshop this summer? I'm only finding super surface level information about it.

Does anyone know if students really get a lot out of it? How long does it last? Haha I'm basically looking for any drop of information I can find about it. Thanks guys!!

Hey! Does anyone know anything about this Anatomy Workshop this summer? I'm only finding super surface level information about it.

Does anyone know if students really get a lot out of it? How long does it last? Haha I'm basically looking for any drop of information I can find about it. Thanks guys!!

Some of my classmates did the anatomy workshop and they said that it helped them become familiar with the material. They said mock quizzes were given in the workshop but they don't count towards an actual grade. I believe it lasts 3 weeks. If you have any questions, I would call office of admissions and see if they can put you in contact with someone who runs the workshop.
All that aside, if you feel like it would benefit you to have a little bit of anatomy before the school year starts, then sign up for it. I never took any type of anatomy class in school and just had past knowledge of directional terms from working in a clinic. I did not do the anatomy workshop and I did well in both anatomy courses this year. It is up to you and what would benefit you the most! There is no shame in taking the full summer to relax, because first year is difficult.

Hello future classmates! Isn't this such an amazing time in our lives?!

About me:
I grew up in Linden, AL (~an hour and half south of Tuscaloosa-- or as my bf says "Tuscalooser"). My family has always had animals of some kind whether it was cow-calf operations, my horses, dogs, cats, raccoons, and whatever animal I felt like bringing home :laugh: I am one of those stories of knowing that I wanted to be a vet my whole life-- well almost, since I was about 6 yo, when I started bringing home strays and performing "surgeries" on my stuffed animals with my mom's sewing kit. I started my hands on veterinary experience at 16yo in a mixed animal practice while also working at a local humane society. Once I got in college, I shadowed at 3 other veterinary hospitals, volunteered at the Southeastern Raptor Center, assisted TPR at Poplar cross country racing twice, and studied abroad in Africa! Now, since I graduated with my BS Animal Science- Pre Vet (GPA was a 3.35), I have been working as a veterinary technician and learning SOOO much! It has really gotten me pumped about getting started:soexcited:! This was my second time applying (last year got an interview then rejected-- thankfully my awesome veterinary role models growing up had prepared me for this).

To put me in a nutshell... I'm extremely friendly and will lend a hand to anyone that needs it! I look forward to meeting everyone at orientation and continuing with all of you for the next 4 years!

As far as the pet licensing goes, no its not required. Only thing required is up to date rabies vaccination.

I also cannot find a Facebook page for our class yet, but I'll email Mr. Sellars (I'm sure he is about sick of my emails by now:laugh:)

I am going to be a second year and I live in an apartment complex called Longleaf Villas, which is about 7 minutes from the Vet School. Most people live in trailers but there are a few of us living in this complex!
If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me!

Hello there! I have a question about Auburn's application, not sure if this is the best place to post it.

For the question "How did you learn about educational opportunities at Auburn's College of Veterinary Medicine?", is this more of a survey question (ie I found out about these opportunities online) or an essay question considered by the admissions committee (ie go into why you want to go to Auburn). Thanks!

Hello there! I have a question about Auburn's application, not sure if this is the best place to post it.

For the question "How did you learn about educational opportunities at Auburn's College of Veterinary Medicine?", is this more of a survey question (ie I found out about these opportunities online) or an essay question considered by the admissions committee (ie go into why you want to go to Auburn). Thanks!

Hey sorry you haven't gotten a response until now. That sounds like a survey question. I don't remember answering any phrased like that. Where was the question located?

Hi all! I am OOS accepted from Denver and will be in the class of 2023. I have a few questions if anyone has time to respond.

I wondered if we get access to class schedules and other pertinent information soon? I am not seeing a whole lot of details on the website. Am I looking in the wrong places or is that information simply not available yet?

Also, I am debating on living in an apartment vs. a trailer. Apartments are relatively easy to research, but I have been less lucky looking for trailers. Are there any recommended resources for that? When did people tend to start posting for sales ads for trailers and where are they posting? What are some extra fees to be aware of with trailers? (rent space, insurance, etc.)

I know you all are busy with classes and any insight is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to meeting in the Fall!

Search "Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2023," I made a FB group for us so its easier