Back to Basics WW: A Cycling Edition - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for real though, let's start discussion earlier tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
don't make me curse in dead chat

D1 Final Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - sporty
kata () -
allie () -
pippy (3) - dolphin, snowy, cheat
stagg (3) - bryndy, mj, pippy
genny () -
bryndy (1) - stagg
mj (3) - genny, am, weim
jboo () -
snowy (1) - skim
weim (2) - raf, allie
raf (1) - jboo

A 3-way tie! :heckyeah: :heckyeah: :heckyeah:

15/17

Missing: kata, cray

Check your votes!

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I didn't make things worse, except that I saved WM from being a tie RNG candidate, which was hardly my exact goal

I could have made things better if I had picked between Pip, Stagg, or MJ, but I didn't know who was tied or in the lead at that point, I thought unlynching WM put someone ahead

I guess voting for Pip, Stagg or MJ at random would have been the same as the RNG tie break that is gonna happen, except I could have voted one of them and safeguarded the other two

oh well, after everything I've been through with ties and my resolution not to touch them...

in any case, not sure why I think it's my job to stop this shiznit from happening, especially 1/2 the time I make it worse

I ruined the 4way. Part of me is sad. I won't deny bad strategy can be entertaining.

I too will lynch intentional tie creators, though.

Everyone was in the staging area (or mostly everyone) ready for the ride ahead. It was quite crowded though. It seems the handbook hadn't been kidding when it said to be patient, careful, and courteous to those around you during the mass start. Luckily @WildZoo and Karabou had secured spots right behind the pace car. As the car began to drive off they began a pace that they felt would be quite comfortable for the 100 miles ahead. The mantra that had been repeated often at the opening ceremonies was in their thoughts as they made their way towards the first rest stop - It's a ride, not a race. Some ways back from them, they could hear a commotion. A quick glance back showed riders swerving to avoid one particular rider who seemed to be having a tough start.

AR-308179816.jpg

@Stagg737 was doing his best to not hit other riders but the mass around him was making it hard to so much as pedal. He was having to coast with the occasional push off with his feet. It didn't help that this was his first time with clip in shoes. Stagg wasn't the only one struggling though. @PippyPony and @Mad Jack were having a difficult start. The three collided with Pippy and MJ managing to keep their balance and stay on the road. Stagg however ended up swerving off the road and into a wall. It didn't seem like he had hit the wall that hard but his bike was too damaged to continue on and he had scrapes on his arms and legs that were bleeding. Disappointed to not even make it to the first rest stop, Stagg grabbed his bike and headed to the first aid tent.

Dead is @Stagg737, Rider - Vanilla Townie

It is now N1. Night closes at 6:30am est (or early if all actions in and mod is around)

Cyclists
1. @Crayola227
2. @johnnaboo
3. @PippyPony
4. @raf2769
5. @Animal Midwife
6. @Skimble
8. @cheathac
9. @bryndiana.jones
10. @dolphin106258
11. @SnowshoeDog143
12. @genny
13. @katashark
14. @SportPonies
15. @WeimMama
16. @allieh8607
17. @Mad Jack

First Aid Tent
7. @Stagg737 -
vanilla townie

Wow Pippy I am so sorry, I got sick this afternoon (probs food poisoning) and thought I would get back on later to actually pick a real vote, but I fell asleep after an exhausting sick filled afternoon (I’ll spare the details). :(@PippyPony

Oh good Pippy you didn’t die, I forgot how the ties shake out. Clearly I just need to get on between 7-10pm bc that’s when everyone starts talking. :confused:

Oh good Pippy you didn’t die, I forgot how the ties shake out. Clearly I just need to get on between 7-10pm bc that’s when everyone starts talking. :confused:

Why were you worried about Pippy? And please don't wait until that time frame to talk. That's a large part of why this situation happened in the first place.

Why were you worried about Pippy? And please don't wait until that time frame to talk. That's a large part of why this situation happened in the first place.
I know it was a joke, I prefer to not have to wait that long to get real discussion, because I had been gone all day after just joking around with a vote and thought Pippy would die bc of it. Because I could have at least impacted that part of the tie. I didn’t see the write up had been posted until after my first post.

I know it was a joke, I prefer to not have to wait that long to get real discussion, because I had been gone all day after just joking around with a vote and thought Pippy would die bc of it. Because I could have at least impacted that part of the tie. I didn’t see the write up had been posted until after my first post.

What are you thinking now?

What are you thinking now?
I’m not liking that it got to a basically four way tie just because.....so I’m going to scrutinize that more tomorrow or maybe later tonight if I’m awake. But I find it odd that Bryndi gave a joke vote of stagg then never came back on to comment or change it and stagg ended up getting lynched so wondering how she’s feeling about that.
Contingency lynch Bryndi

I’m not liking that it got to a basically four way tie just because.....so I’m going to scrutinize that more tomorrow or maybe later tonight if I’m awake. But I find it odd that Bryndi gave a joke vote of stagg then never came back on to comment or change it and stagg ended up getting lynched so wondering how she’s feeling about that.
Contingency lynch Bryndi
I was briefly around in the hour before lynch close, but had to leave for a Weezer concert and didn't make it back on in time. Later tonight I'll be able to look back over everything.

Weim's tie stuff is is kind of null for me. idk, as a person that also loves ties, I get what she's saying, and I also get where Cray and the rest are coming from.

However, the timing and wording of this post bothers me.
I'm not feeling/understanding the stagg vote at all merp merp.
Posted at 8:47 PM.

I'll deal with breaking down that ****show of a lynch tomorrow morning, gonna be fun to dissect that on a phone

Last edited:
So just got back on now because of an unexpected medical emergency. Things seem okay now, but I likely wouldn't have had time to play in the next few days because of it, so village got pretty lucky with this one. Anyway, good luck village!

please explain what you mean by RNG and what your process is?

RNG = random number generator creating a totally random vote selection. I use an RNG program. IMO there is no other definition for it and I always use RNG D1 unless someone gives me an exceptional reason to vote for them (for future reference).

5040138042_792ea9c4fd_m.jpg

The first 12 miles passed by so quickly it seemed like one minute @WildZoo and Karabou had been in the staging area and the next they were at the rest stop. At they approached the stop, they thought about passing it by but then decided it would be a good idea to make sure their gatorade was full and grab some snacks for the road. They had just finished stuffing snacks into the pockets of their jerseys and were ready to get back on the road when they heard the sound of a crash. @SnowshoeDog143 had rounded the corner into the rest stop but it seems her brakes had failed to work and she had taken the corner too fast. Luckily she hadn't caused anyone else to crash. Unfortunately she was unable to continue on. Snowy took her bike over to the First Aid tent, a sad look in her eye as she knew she wouldn't be reaching the finish line this year.

Dead is @SnowshoeDog143, Rider - Vanilla Townie

It is now D2. 15 riders remain. Lynch closes at 10pm est

Cyclists
1. @Crayola227
2. @johnnaboo
3. @PippyPony
4. @raf2769
5. @Animal Midwife
6. @Skimble
8. @cheathac
9. @bryndiana.jones
10. @dolphin106258