CCOM/RowanSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darth

Sith Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted into both and love both of them. I'm very torn as of right now which I would end up attending. Can anyone with experience regarding these two schools share information to help me make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Both are considered good. Is rowen still considerably cheaper? Like can you still get in state tuition after one year?

If be packing my bags for NJ if you can (or eventually can) pay in-state tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you solely basing this off tuition costs? Are the schools equal in educative quality and quality of rotations?

Are you solely basing this off tuition costs? Are the schools equal in educative quality and quality of rotations?

I think they are equal in the terms of perceived quality. I'm sure one is better than the other, but they'll both get you where you want to go. Someone was recently complaining about rowen on the osteopathic med student forum under the "pros and cons of your DO school". I'd still probably pick rowen especially if it's dirt cheap still.

Both schools are solid programs that will get you where you want to be. The reason people will mention cost is because CCOM has a ludicrously high tuition rate and your other choice could be substantially more affordable. You aren't going to make a wrong choice between the two education wise, although med school is essentially all self study.

Really unless you cannot imagine living in NJ then Rowan is the only option here.

Both schools are solid programs that will get you where you want to be. The reason people will mention cost is because CCOM has a ludicrously high tuition rate and your other choice could be substantially more affordable. You aren't going to make a wrong choice between the two education wise, although med school is essentially all self study.

agreed CCOM tuition is really expensive. I would choose Rowan personally.