Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
favorite quote right here

It's even more valid for my Canada goose we affectionately call Goosifer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Summer plans have finally come together and involve some awesome opportunities. Super excited to get the next two and a half weeks over with!

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother. But if she would stop handing out my number to all her friends and acquaintances so they can send me their pet's medical mysteries and expect me to give them a magical, over-phone cure-all that'd be great.

I'm a vet student, not a board-certified veterinary dermatologist. Geeeeeez.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get me wrong, I love my mother. But if she would stop handing out my number to all her friends and acquaintances so they can send me their pet's medical mysteries and expect me to give them a magical, over-phone cure-all that'd be great.

I'm a vet student, not a board-certified veterinary dermatologist. Geeeeeez.
Even if you were a board certified veterinary dermatologist, can’t get a cytology from a photo.

Reactions: 2 users
See I was gonna type that too but then I got distracted by Oreos and forgot allllll the other words I was gonna say and just posted it:rofl:
Now I want Oreos.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Even if you were a board certified veterinary dermatologist, can’t get a cytology from a photo.
And can’t give advice without a valid VPCR.
Yeeeep. I went on this round about, long-winded way of reaching the final destination “see your veterinarian” so that they thought they were getting something from me even though they weren’t. All to not risk my mother’s “ire” by ignoring them. ‘Cause I don’t wanna mess with that woman. :whistle:

Though now I have an hour of my life I’ll never get back...

Midterm part 1 sucked. Hopefully organ path can hook me up with a pass on monday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone able to send me motivation to study for my pharmacology exam? Good vibes or potent psychedelics accepted.
tenor.gif

Anyone able to send me motivation to study for my pharmacology exam? Good vibes or potent psychedelics accepted.
pharm sucks, if you find motivation send it to me once you’re done. I have a pharm exam next Monday over all antibiotics, antivirals, antiparasitics (Endo and ecto), antiprotozoals.

It’s going to suck. Suck badly. So badly

Aced the take home part of pharm. Going to bomb the written. Should be ok, since the take home is worth more.

I start clinics foundations today and am very excited things are going to be very relevant and interesting to my interests!

What all do you get to do?

Aced the take home part of pharm. Going to bomb the written. Should be ok, since the take home is worth more.

What all do you get to do?
First lecture is about triage from there we learn about anesthesia and surgery techniques. Every upperclassmen I've spoken to said this was their favorite.

First lecture is about triage from there we learn about anesthesia and surgery techniques. Every upperclassmen I've spoken to said this was their favorite.

Are you a fellow surgery junkie? :p

Today is just one of those days that I feel like an idiot who shouldn't be in vet school.
*hugs* it's ok finny. We all have those days. Remember you are smart and you're there for a reason. You're gonna be alright :)

Today is just one of those days that I feel like an idiot who shouldn't be in vet school.
I'm sorry fin. If it makes you feel any better I feel like this most days, I had a relapse today because someone asked me what was wrong and I couldn't figure out how to answer. But we do deserve to be here and have to remember that. Actually wrote out your accomplishments, you've come far and will go so much farther. You got this.

That clin path final is tough Finn. I also felt like crap after taking it. They make it extra tough since it's open resource

That clin path final is tough Finn. I also felt like crap after taking it. They make it extra tough since it's open resource

Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I didn't get the required minimum so... that was a kick in the teeth. I was actually doing okay in that class too so I wasn't expecting to struggle that much.

Okay so 100000000% unrelated, but since I've never seen Up (oops) I haven't seen that scene so I watched it and low key freaked out when they were talking about hunting snipes because we definitely did that when I was pretty young in our daddy-daughter camping thing through the Y (called Indian Princess). Used to bring extra pillow cases specifically for snipe hunting :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
After 2 of our campouts (there were 3 a year I think?), some of us figured it out but then it was fun to make the new kids go snipe hunting and tell them stories of seeing/catching snipes before. :laugh:
Have you seen Up yet???

Finish May 10. Our two day, 45% of our grade, final is the 9th and the 10th. I'm pretty sure I need a 78% on the final to stay in the program. :drowning:

I'm on the bus at 7 am on the 11th, on the plane at 1 pm, touch down in San Antonio at 7 pm, hug my mom at 7:30 pm.

Reactions: 4 users
Finish May 10. Our two day, 45% of our grade, final is the 9th and the 10th. I'm pretty sure I need a 78% on the final to stay in the program. :drowning:

I'm on the bus at 7 am on the 11th, on the plane at 1 pm, touch down in San Antonio at 7 pm, hug my mom at 7:30 pm.
You can do it, @batsenecal! You're so strong and so driven, and you've got all of our support. I'm confident that you'll make the grade you need. :)

• Love

YOU CAN DO IT BATS!!!!!!!! I believe in you!!!!

• Love
May 10th. :/
I feel that. We finish the 15th and I have 10 exams to get through until then :(
We finish the last day of may with our two year cumulative :dead:

We'll all suffer together

Gross. Our last Final is April 30!

P.S. I believe in you all!

P.P.S. (P.S.S?) The fact that there are 2024 threads now blows my mind. When did we get so old?

Reactions: 6 users
Feeling intimidated by scheduling rotations. When did I get here? It feels like I've been in vet school for 500 years and yet somehow also feels like I've only been here for 2 days.

I've managed to successfully schedule 1 zoo extenshrip and have 1 (for four weeks) reserved. 4th year in t-minus 47.5 weeks :eek: