Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tomorrow marks the official end of spring break and, as such, the beginning of the two year cumulative study season. Mind you, this is in top of the current block. *Stress intensifies*

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotta love an exam question that no one knew the answer to :laugh:
when you're taking the exam and just whisper "wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf" to yourself under your breath the whole time
Those are the WORST. Hopefully they’ll give points back for that.

The BEST was an exam where the answers were accidentally bolded for all of the hardest section (roughly ~20% of the test). Now THAT was a delight. All of a sudden you just hear wide spread giggling throughout the class

Reactions: 1 users
So I got my lab animal mid term back and I did really bad on it. Like really bad. I was extremely confused. So I started counting the number missed to my given grade and my tallied grade was 16% lower than what I missed on the exam !!!!

So that professor got a really rapid email asking when they’ll be back in class (we’re having a guest lecturer) so he could fix this!

But that was a big moment of panic “HOW did I do that poorly???????”

Moment of mortification:

I sent my cover letters and CV to 14 locations yesterday for summer/clinical year externships. I have 3 cover letters that I reused, depending on the type of facility I applied to. I checked, double checked, and triple checked a million times to make sure that I was sending the right cover letter to the right facility.

Sure as s***, I managed to miss replacing the name of zoo facility A with zoo facility B in one spot on the cover letter sent to zoo facility B. The clinician emailed me pointing it out and now I'm so embarrassed. Good job, Bats. Gotta learn how to read one of these days.

Reactions: 6 users
Yes yes radiology

Because it’s all grey BS and nothing in the abdomen can be confirmed by rads alone (basically always need US)
I just wanna go back to the thorax. I’M SORRY HEART/LUNGS. I took you for granted. :arghh:

Moment of mortification:

I sent my cover letters and CV to 14 locations yesterday for summer/clinical year externships. I have 3 cover letters that I reused, depending on the type of facility I applied to. I checked, double checked, and triple checked a million times to make sure that I was sending the right cover letter to the right facility.

Sure as s***, I managed to miss replacing the name of zoo facility A with zoo facility B in one spot on the cover letter sent to zoo facility B. The clinician emailed me pointing it out and now I'm so embarrassed. Good job, Bats. Gotta learn how to read one of these days.
Oh god this is my worst nightmare, I'm so sorry

Oh god this is my worst nightmare, I'm so sorry

The clinician took it in stride and is still keeping me in consideration. Lol. So that's something.

Reactions: 5 users
When it’s almost midnight and you open the last PowerPoint to find that you have 145 more slides to cover for your exam tomorrow

A0C54772-C77F-485A-ACBD-1FC5926E16DF.gif

I think it’s pretty fair to say I will spend every day of the next 7 weeks wondering why tf I went to vet school.

14 exams, ??? quizzes, and 2 presentations until I am 50% DVM and 100% dead inside

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it’s pretty fair to say I will spend every day of the next 7 weeks wondering why tf I went to vet school.

14 exams, ??? quizzes, and 2 presentations until I am 50% DVM and 100% dead inside
You can do it eggo!

Reactions: 1 user
Well I survived

how well I did is a completely separate story

Professor: “I won’t ask you about horses or ultrasounds on this exam”
Same professor: puts a horse ultrasound related question

Well I survived

how well I did is a completely separate story

Professor: “I won’t ask you about horses or ultrasounds on this exam”
Same professor: puts a horse ultrasound related question
Professor: "I won't ask you to do any calculations on this exam, and if I do I'll give you the equations. But really, no math on this exam."
We definitely had to do a calculation, and without the equation given to us :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Professor: "I won't ask you to do any calculations on this exam, and if I do I'll give you the equations. But really, no math on this exam."
We definitely had to do a calculation, and without the equation given to us :laugh:
Ugh yes

Oncology professor: “I won’t ask you to remember how to calculate drug dosages and body surface area, just know how to do it for real life”

Aaaand she asked a question on not only how to calculate body surface area but also the drug dose for it. I had so many trust issues before and vet school does not help

Reactions: 3 users
Got reviews for my summer research proposal. It was pretty good except "I am concerned that a standardized approach to analysis has not been decided prior to proposal submission." Me too buddy, me too.

Ugh yes

Oncology professor: “I won’t ask you to remember how to calculate drug dosages and body surface area, just know how to do it for real life”

Aaaand she asked a question on not only how to calculate body surface area but also the drug dose for it. I had so many trust issues before and vet school does not help
Speaking of, every single professor finds it hilarious to pull up a tedious 45 part chart and jokingly tell us to memorize it for the exam. Every single one. Like they're the first person to ever think of that joke. :p

Not cool, man, we all had a professor actually make us memorize those last year! :arghh:

Speaking of, every single professor finds it hilarious to pull up a tedious 45 part chart and jokingly tell us to memorize it for the exam. Every single one. Like they're the first person to ever think of that joke. :p

Not cool, man, we all had a professor actually make us memorize those last year! :arghh:
Our professors stopped making that joke when they saw us panic when they said it bc we had a professor do that as well.

We're getting our OSCE test results back tomorrow. How many things will I have to remediate because I do it the practical way rather than the "school approved" way? Probably too many.

Reactions: 4 users
I love this professor but adding on quizzes randomly toward the end of the semester to replace our normal in-class completion points has not made me a happy camper. I understand it’s in an effort to “force” us to learn before the cumulative exam but...just let me procrastinate darn it. :annoyed:

So tempted to just wing it because 5 pts is not worth hours of studying.

I love this professor but adding on quizzes randomly toward the end of the semester to replace our normal in-class completion points has not made me a happy camper. I understand it’s in an effort to “force” us to learn before the cumulative exam but...just let me procrastinate darn it. :annoyed:

So tempted to just wing it because 5 pts is not worth hours of studying.
preach it

The barn cat guilted me into giving him a spare blanket on patio furniturw. It monsooned and there's a lake around the entrance to the barn. Can Scout simply just walk through the water to get to his heated cat house with supplied food and a heated water dish? Absolutely. Am I a sucker? Apparently. Cause the barn cat is sleeping on his porch chair with my spare blanket rather than having to walk through water.

I am trying to start writing my virology term paper and my wife mentions that the third season of Santa Clarita Diet is out. Argh! I don't need more reasons to procrastinate!

Pranked my parents with an I'm dropping out of school text and had to calm them down for an hour afterwards :laugh: worth it.
I don't know that I could do this to my parents, they just went on vacation today and also are (probably rightfully) pretty worried about me this semester and I don't know that I'd ever be able to calm them down from the panic this would induce lol

I don't know that I could do this to my parents, they just went on vacation today and also are (probably rightfully) pretty worried about me this semester and I don't know that I'd ever be able to calm them down from the panic this would induce lol

Same. Lol. I can't make these kinds of jokes any more.

Same. Lol. I can't make these kinds of jokes any more.
Half of my friends asked me if they were relieved. Good for some I guess. I definitely gave them a partial heart attack though. Gotta have my fun when I can. They'll appreciate the story later when they can tell all their friends

Hey everyone! Tomorrow is the day where we celebrate the #VetMedUnited movement! It is a day of remembrance of veterinarians and veterinary students we have lost to suicide and an opportunity to celebrate steps we can take, both together and individually, to better our well-being. You can participate by wearing Purple and/or Teal Tomorrow! Let's unite and raise awareness of the epidemic within our community! #VetMedUnited #NoMore!

For today’s procrasticleaning:

Scrubbed the bathtub until I broke into a sweat, my muscles started aching, and the tub looked “factory refurbished” worthy.

Minutes logged studying: 0

Can we be half-DVMs already?

For today’s procrasticleaning:

Scrubbed the bathtub until I broke into a sweat, my muscles started aching, and the tub looked “factory refurbished” worthy.

Minutes logged studying: 0

Can we be half-DVMs already?
I spent an hour and a half “Simba proofing” my home’s balcony that has banisters questionably far apart, because he is being delivered tomorrow by my mother to stay with me for the rest of the semester!!!!

I spent an hour and a half “Simba proofing” my home’s balcony that has banisters questionably far apart, because he is being delivered tomorrow by my mother to stay with me for the rest of the semester!!!!
That’s so exciting!! Yay, Simba!

I scrubbed in on two surgeries today and my soul is happy:love:

Reactions: 7 users
My wildlife team got a bald eagle last night!! I was so excited!!

Now, less excited. Bird is sassy AF and bit my boob. I am also the only person with eagle experience on my team. It will be trial by fire with this bird this week.

Reactions: 7 users
My wildlife team got a bald eagle last night!! I was so excited!!

Now, less excited. Bird is sassy AF and bit my boob. I am also the only person with eagle experience on my team. It will be trial by fire with this bird this week.
Best of luck to you! When I did a summer in wildlife, we also had a baldy who started out real bad but then became a NIGHTMARE to restrain. It doesn’t help that they’re ginormous.

Best of luck to you! When I did a summer in wildlife, we also had a baldy who started out real bad but then became a NIGHTMARE to restrain. It doesn’t help that they’re ginormous.

My team last year got 3 assigned to us, so it's thankfully not my first rodeo with these psychopaths in patriotic skin. They're so big and so sassy. He starts to struggle in midstep and I just have to stop and let him get over his drama. He's not going anywhere for a while, so he'll be a great teaching critter at least.