Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was joking around and thought about doing a PhD program that gives you your PhD and your MD after 4 years (cause it's a biomedical research PhD program that's really interesting to me). And then I'd go to vet school. So... triple doctor.

I would be triple doctor. I would get ALL of the SDN banners though!
Alternatively, you can use the PhD to cherry pick the classes you need from the med school. Currently have med school radiology on my schedule for next year, and looking at taking med school pathology the year after.

Reactions: 1 user
Alternatively, you can use the PhD to cherry pick the classes you need from the med school. Currently have med school radiology on my schedule for next year, and looking at taking med school pathology the year after.
True. Very true. This summer, I'm having jaw surgery so there's an official 6 week time where I'm not allowed to work. I was thinking of seeing if I can shadow a couple different vet careers that have potential interest to me. Primarily emergency and surgery. Those are one of the two actual 'vet' things that I would be interested in as a career. Everything else is just research.. it'd be nice to be able to eliminate/ narrow down career aspirations instead of just adding more on like I've done the last year hahahaha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was joking around and thought about doing a PhD program that gives you your PhD and your MD after 4 years (cause it's a biomedical research PhD program that's really interesting to me). And then I'd go to vet school. So... triple doctor.

I would be triple doctor. I would get ALL of the SDN banners though!
Doctor cubed:p

You joke but there is actually a veterinarian who is also a professor at my school that has a DVM, an MD, and a PhD

Crazzzzzy

And adding more technicalities, what if my original class is 2019, I am temporarily placed in 2020 class next year because of PhD, I finish DVM in 2020, but I graduate with DVM in 2021 because of PhD, and I finish PhD in 2021? Which class should I post in?

Come hang out with us 2021ers :):p

Reactions: 1 users
I like how you all haven't even started classes yet (heck, there is still a month and a half or so left until the end of the application cycle!) but you're already ahead of the c/o 2019 thread.

2021er are a bunch of overachievers

Reactions: 2 users
I like how you all haven't even started classes yet (heck, there is still a month and a half or so left until the end of the application cycle!) but you're already ahead of the c/o 2019 thread.
With that said, the 2019ers are like... weirdly quiet. Pretty sure the '16ers were in the 30s by the time classes started.

Why did no one love the movie? :arghh:

It was bad. Not quite Eragon bad. But still bad.

Oh, no, I am aware. It's just amusing to me, that's all. :p

I was wondering if this had happened yet. I was reading this thread to go to the other thread and compare. Beat me to it.

Are you challenging this thread to surpass the C/O 2020 in post number?

Challenge accepted.

tumblr_li661wuJyz1qzjepo.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure how they screwed up fantasy Star Wars but not even Jeremy irons could save it

He probably doesn't even acknowledge he did that movie. Or John Malkovich.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just like how there was no The Last Airbender in Ba Sing Se

Just like how there was no...oh good, there was no Indiana Jones 4. Must have been a bad nightmare

Reactions: 5 users
So scratching my last plan of paying for my first year. Instead I'm aiming to pay off my undergrad loans which are at a higher interest rate and private :scared:. That'll give me more return on the money and more of a monthly budget to work with :D. I'm just happy right now.

Reactions: 5 users
Multi-quoting so as not to contribute to the fantasy that 2021 could ever surpass 2020 ;)
Hahahaha, have you SEEN who's in this class? They're responsible for half the content posted since September in ALL the threads :laugh:

Might be exaggerating but I doubt it.
Definitely not an exaggeration

I believe in you but even if you end up not 2021...

You never forget your first.

I still love my 2020 crew.

...although I don't crash their thread. Maybe I should have.
Finn! You can always come crash our thread :)

I crash their thread. I'll crash 22's too! :rage:
We crash all the threads. It's fine. They like it.

And adding more technicalities, what if my original class is 2019, I am temporarily placed in 2020 class next year because of PhD, I finish DVM in 2020, but I graduate with DVM in 2021 because of PhD, and I finish PhD in 2021? Which class should I post in?
All of them. But also mostly 2020. Because I don't think you've even posted there as much as you have here and that offends me.

Also the ellipsis in your thread title is all wrong
Ugh. It's actually the worst. The ellipsis makes me sad everytime I see it- and I have to post on this thread for many moons to come (unless I'm '22 in which I will make this thread in September to ensure no one uses the wrong ellipsis)

You can't edit the title?

Oh wait, we've been over this in The Bar, think it's a donors only thing.

Sounds like it's time to pay up, @PrincessButterCup.

Also, tagging you (after a couple of failed attempts) just made me realize I've been reading your name as PeanutButterCup at least 85% of the time.

Reactions: 9 users
Sounds like it's time to pay up, @PrincessButterCup.

Also, tagging you (after a couple of failed attempts) just made me realize I've been reading your name as PeanutButterCup at least 85% of the time.
I still read it as peanutbuttercup. I also occasionally just call her Queen of Slime instead...
@PrincessButterCup ;)

Every time I see the spaced ellipses

giphy.gif

Reactions: 10 users