Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, I've also been swimming for my work outs and now have a lovely swim suit tan from my workout suit. I managed to even out the front, but I still have strap tan lines and a giant tan circle in the center of my back.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I've tried for years to get my dad to watch Harry Potter with me. And it's perfect because it just so happens that this weekend is not only the HP Weekend on Freeform, but it's also my surgery recovery weekend! So Dad has been sitting in the living room with me, watching every one and he's been extremely enthusiastic about it!! It's great! He loves them! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
So I've tried for years to get my dad to watch Harry Potter with me. And it's perfect because it just so happens that this weekend is not only the HP Weekend on ABC Family, but it's also my surgery recovery weekend! So Dad has been sitting in the living room with me, watching every one and he's been extremely enthusiastic about it!! It's great! He loves them! :soexcited:
FTFY

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just thinking of how lazy I'm being when I read this. I feel like I still have a ton of stuff to do before my move but playing video games is so much more fun... I have two trips next month I'm super excited for, but that also means less time to accomplish stuff.

Shhh beej video games count as doin stuff

Oh, I've also been swimming for my work outs and now have a lovely swim suit tan from my workout suit. I managed to even out the front, but I still have strap tan lines and a giant tan circle in the center of my back.

Not all tan lines are bad just sayin :whistle:

Reactions: 3 users
Still loving my job.... did an open heart procedure on a pig last week that was pretty awesome.
I'm starting a weight loss diet Monday called Ideal Protein... anyone heard of it? My goal is to lose enough to be able to join the army.. I have to lose a lot but I'm determined to live a healthier life and feel better. I've not always been overweight, but have gained probably 100+ pounds in about 4-5 years. I'm tired of being looked at and always feel bad at family gathering. Here's to a new me. Hopefully I can put my hard work ethic to this and get it done!!!

I've also gained 100 pounds in the last 5 years. Good for you in making that change!! I've done so many diets and plans and blah blah the last few years that I'm just discouraged and know that my binging stems from something deeper. I have some free counseling sessions my insurance covers so I think this summer I will make it a point to go.

Reactions: 1 user
I've also gained 100 pounds in the last 5 years. Good for you in making that change!! I've done so many diets and plans and blah blah the last few years that I'm just discouraged and know that my binging stems from something deeper. I have some free counseling sessions my insurance covers so I think this summer I will make it a point to go.

Look into Ideal Protein! You meet with a coach every week and it's a medically based program. I feel like the accountability will really help me out plus I've seen a lot of success from people online, some losing up to 8 pounds in a week and 20-30 for a month. I will let you know how it goes. It's a lot of mental toughness and I'm mentally ready to make a change.

Look into Ideal Protein! You meet with a coach every week and it's a medically based program. I feel like the accountability will really help me out plus I've seen a lot of success from people online, some losing up to 8 pounds in a week and 20-30 for a month. I will let you know how it goes. It's a lot of mental toughness and I'm mentally ready to make a change.

That's actually unhealthy weight loss. You're better to talk with a nutritionist. Studies have shown that rapid weight loss like that is unhealthy and tends to lead to rapid gain once you've completed the regimen. The only person I've ever seen lose weight and maintain it is my sister who worked with a nutritionist and didn't ever follow a fad diet but instead dedicated herself to a lifestyle changes of eating well balanced meals and regular exercise. She lost weight slowly but she's kept it off now 7 years later.

Reactions: 2 users
That's actually unhealthy weight loss. You're better to talk with a nutritionist. Studies have shown that rapid weight loss like that is unhealthy and tends to lead to rapid gain once you've completed the regimen. The only person I've ever seen lose weight and maintain it is my sister who worked with a nutritionist and didn't ever follow a fad diet but instead dedicated herself to a lifestyle changes of eating well balanced meals and regular exercise. She lost weight slowly but she's kept it off now 7 years later.

"Dietitian" is the regulated term; just about anyone can call him or herself a nutritionist, and a good number of nutritionists promote pseudoscience.

It's true that losing weight very rapidly generally isn't a good idea, but medically supervised programs are different. (And that's why they're medically supervised- it would be a bad idea to do such a low-calorie diet on your own). They're not necessarily unhealthy, and there is research showing that they work.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Dietitian" is the regulated term; just about anyone can call him or herself a nutritionist, and a good number of nutritionists promote pseudoscience.

It's true that losing weight very rapidly generally isn't a good idea, but medically supervised programs are different. (And that's why they're medically supervised- it would be a bad idea to do such a low-calorie diet on your own). They're not necessarily unhealthy, and there is research showing that they work.

There are board certified nutritionists who do research in nutrition. They have to have a doctorate degree to get the certification. They work with dieticians who formulate the diets for people. She's not talking about a medically supervised program. The "coach" is nothing more than a lay person looking to make money off of a fad. They have no health credentials and no education requirement, just like a beach body coach.

But to each their own.

There are board certified nutritionists who do research in nutrition. They have to have a doctorate degree to get the certification. They work with dieticians who formulate the diets for people. She's not talking about a medically supervised program. The "coach" is nothing more than a lay person looking to make money off of a fad. They have no health credentials and no education requirement, just like a beach body coach.

But to each their own.

Absolutely, there are some nutritionists with great qualifications but by itself the title means very little.

Maybe you know more about the program than I do (admittedly, I don't know much about it), but from what's publicly available, I'm not sure that's true. Either way, whenever you plan on losing a lot of weight, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor and listen to that advice over 1) companies trying to sell you stuff and 2) random people on the internet. That's really my point here. Advice to be skeptical and get medical advice is good, but I don't think we should get much more specific than that.

Either way, whenever you plan on losing a lot of weight, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor and listen to that advice over 1) companies trying to sell you stuff and 2) random people on the internet. That's really my point here. Advice to be skeptical and get medical advice is good, but I don't think we should get much more specific than that.

Agreed.

Yeah.. plus my doctor suggested I go on a low carb diet. I was going to a personal trainer 3 times a week and my trainer disagreed with the doctor because she was suggesting to go on a diet too low in carbs to support my training sessions. The program has 4 phases... phase 1 you're in until you lose 80% of your goal. Then you move into Phase 2.. then Phase 3... and finally Phase 4. It's built to where you wean off the diet and begin to maintain your weight. The coach is there so that you're accountable. I think only certain clinics are partnered with the program to do it so it is medically supported...

last night wasn't enough? ;)
giphy.gif

Sidenote: I don't have to retake my electives! They all still count! :soexcited:

Reactions: 12 users