Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like my cycle of optimism and bitterness. It makes me seem peppier than I am while still allowing me to enjoy all of my bad attitude later

Me normally. Positiive, happy, helpful person 80% of the time. 20% moody beach.

What if I don’t want to seem peppy?

Me af right now. Screw positive peppy. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me normally. Positiive, happy, helpful person 80% of the time. 20% moody beach
Me, but switch the percentages. :whistle:

Actually I can be the external ray of sunshine in my interactions with people but internally I’m an 95 year old, cynical, get off my lawn kind of person. I just save my bitterness for people I know best. Lucky them!

Reactions: 3 users

I’d probably say in my normal, not depressed state I’m 75% positive, happy, helpful. 20% indifferent and aloof, and 5% moody beach.

Members don't see this ad :)
What if I don’t want to seem peppy?
But this is how you trap them

Me, but switch the percentages. :whistle:

Actually I can be the external ray of sunshine in my interactions with people but internally I’m an 95 year old, cynical, get off my lawn kind of person. I just save my bitterness for people I know best. Lucky them!
I'm more moodlash peppy. Look scary, usually in a bad mood, but also interested in talking to you about baking and arts n crafts.

But this is how you trap them

I'm more moodlash peppy. Look scary, usually in a bad mood, but also interested in talking to you about baking and arts n crafts.
Speaking of baking, I was supposed to have a HP party last week that most of my friend group bailed on. So we turned it into a Harry Potter movie night and I made sorting cupcakes! Each cupcake (there were 4) had a different core frosting color once you bit inside the cupcake. It turned out really great!

0247EF5B-B3D2-4E89-AE9B-D8FB55D4582A.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Speaking of baking, I was supposed to have a HP party last week that most of my friend group bailed on. So we turned it into a Harry Potter movie night and I made sorting cupcakes! Each cupcake (there were 4) had a different core frosting color once you bit inside the cupcake. It turned out really great!

View attachment 232583
Loooooooooooosersssssssss
But those turned out great!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Also (I’m procrastiSDNing), I got called into the barn because I was on foal team today. There were 2 fourth years there talking about their future jobs and they both agreed that they were terrified about it.

My jaw dropped like noooo you can’t be terrified for your job, I’m terrified to be a fourth year and actually interact with people. I thought you were supposed to hit your stride and emerge this confident butterfly of veterinary medicine after fourth year, who is lying to me???

Also (I’m procrastiSDNing), I got called into the barn because I was on foal team today. There were 2 fourth years there talking about their future jobs and they both agreed that they were terrified about it.

My jaw dropped like noooo you can’t be terrified for your job, I’m terrified to be a fourth year and actually interact with people. I thought you were supposed to hit your stride and emerge this confident butterfly of veterinary medicine after fourth year, who is lying to me???
:laugh: you are lying to you

Reactions: 1 users

Nope. Funnily enough there isn't a sudden ledge that you climb up to where you suddenly feel confident and accomplished and competent all of a sudden. We always doubt ourselves at just about every step of the way.

I mean, think about how cool and accomplished and put together 7 year old you (or even high school you) would have thought current you is. We are always moving the bars on ourselves because we seem to think "Well I could do that, so it must not have actually been that difficult or I never would have been able to!"

People are always a little afraid of the future. It's unknown and for the most part unknowable. Lean into the feeling sometimes and don't forget that you already have a lot of experience doing cool, difficult things that scared the **** out of you at first.

Nope. Funnily enough there isn't a sudden ledge that you climb up to where you suddenly feel confident and accomplished and competent all of a sudden. We always doubt ourselves at just about every step of the way.

I mean, think about how cool and accomplished and put together 7 year old you (or even high school you) would have thought current you is. We are always moving the bars on ourselves because we seem to think "Well I could do that, so it must not have actually been that difficult or I never would have been able to!"

People are always a little afraid of the future. It's unknown and for the most part unknowable. Lean into the feeling sometimes and don't forget that you already have a lot of experience doing cool, difficult things that scared the **** out of you at first.
Well past Cdo was a *******, so she doesn’t get any credit for that. :laugh:

Also you’re getting dangerously close to mimicking what my therapist says so I’m issuing a red card for this.:laugh: :sendoff:

Reactions: 4 users
Well past Cdo was a *******, so she doesn’t get any credit for that. :laugh:

Also you’re getting dangerously close to mimicking what my therapist says so I’m issuing a red card for this.:laugh: :sendoff:
Does this mean I get to start charging you every time I reply to you on SDN?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh you sweet child :laugh:

When the clinician teaching a pass/fail elective purposely writes trick questions. -_-

Only 9 more exams before freedom! I can(?) do it?!???

can I nap instead and wake up a second year?

Reactions: 4 users
Only 9 more exams before freedom! I can(?) do it?!???

can I nap instead and wake up a second year?
You can. 2018 graduate photos went up today. You can go look at them and the ones that came before for inspiration. Hang in there and pull out that grit!
98f098609278b7c580cb9e0e7e3d31ed.jpg

With pharm out of the way I now feel confident about not failing out this semester. :D

Lol, legit texted my big how now I don’t have to worry about any sort of academic probation. Yay!

Reactions: 5 users
You can. 2018 graduate photos went up today. You can go look at them and the ones that came before for inspiration. Hang in there and pull out that grit!
98f098609278b7c580cb9e0e7e3d31ed.jpg

See if you can pick me out of 2015. Admire all the creepy pedo mustaches on the guys while you are at it. (I don’t know whose idea that was, but it really makes our class look... special.)

See if you can pick me out of 2015. Admire all the creepy pedo mustaches on the guys while you are at it. (I don’t know whose idea that was, but it really makes our class look... special.)
Hahahaha I have done both of those. (You talked about pink hair a lot, it made it really easy :laugh:.) I didn’t understand why the guys did the mustuchases but I was slightly scared.

Hahahaha I have done both of those. (You talked about pink hair a lot, it made it really easy :laugh:.) I didn’t understand why the guys did the mustuchases but I was slightly scared.

Buncha weirdos.

I mean, by and large all good guys, but yeah. Lol!

Fun fact: my hair was WAY BRIGHTER because of course this girl colored it like, the day before photos. They like, toned it down a lot, and also made my top less bright. I was digitally altered. Rude.

Buncha weirdos.

Fun fact: my hair was WAY BRIGHTER because of course this girl colored it like, the day before photos. They like, toned it down a lot, and also made my top less bright. I was digitally altered. Rude.
Wow that is rude!

Buncha weirdos.

Every single one of our class ID's was digitally altered *shudder*

They've all been heavily altered, don't ask me why I don't know.
Idk that’s borderline offensive in some cases. Like I have this friend with really bad psoriasis all over, but especially on her face, and while she constantly treats it, she’s not ashamed of it. So we had professional pictures taken and the photographer photoshopped her psoriasis out and made her all one color. Oh man, you should’ve heard her mom’s reaction when she saw that.

Idk that’s borderline offensive in some cases. Like I have this friend with really bad psoriasis all over, but especially on her face, and while she constantly treats it, she’s not ashamed of it. So we had professional pictures taken and the photographer photoshopped her psoriasis out and made her all one color. Oh man, you should’ve heard her mom’s reaction when she saw that.
Yup there are a couple of ridiculous looking ones as a result. Oh well, I try not to get too upset over something I literally have no control over :laugh:

Avengers. That is all.

My pre-exam (or insert other stressful scenario where I need to feel awesome here) playlist has gone from 2 songs to 84 songs over the course of this year.

I'm going to try to get it up to 100 before the end of finals. Would take suggestions.

Last edited:
My pre-exam (or insert other stressful scenario where I need to feel awesome here) playlist has gone from 2 songs to 84 songs over the course of this year.

I'm going to try to get it up to 100 before the end of finals. Would take suggestions.
Eye of the tiger. Great pump up jam

Better have everytime we touch on there

All These Things That I've Done https://g.co/kgs/NFFAsY
The buildup of this song pumps me up