Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My pre-exam (or insert other stressful scenario where I need to feel awesome here) playlist has gone from 2 songs to 84 songs over the course of this year.

I'm going to try to get it up to 100 before the end of finals. Would take suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Practically anything P!ATD is on my list. Also, have been listening to a lot of Twenty One Pilots and Fall Out Boy.

there’s also this song called Let You Down by NF that I really appreciate

Members don't see this ad :)
I loved What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club. However, the last month or so I have been digging some heavy bass drops.

On the non-musical note, I am half done with finals. Downside, I finished all the easy classes.

Reactions: 1 users
My phys professor today was floored when he found out that I had never used Antisedan in my clinical experience. Because he wrote a question on the test that obviously everyone would know the answer to without him teaching us because we’ve worked in a clinic before. :yeahright:

“How have you never dealt with Antisedan before!!?” “Well I mostly did research and didn’t have much clinical experience. And then what clinical experience I did have was only 2 summers as a kennel tech... so... I studied drugs to keep my brain sharp, but I’d never seen Antisedan before”. “Wow I just can’t believe it”

“How have you never dealt with Antisedan before!!?” “Well I mostly did research and didn’t have much clinical experience. And then what clinical experience I did have was only 2 summers as a kennel tech... so... I studied drugs to keep my brain sharp, but I’d never seen Antisedan before”. “Wow I just can’t believe it”

“Anti-sedan, is that like a truck?”

My phys professor today was floored when he found out that I had never used Antisedan in my clinical experience. Because he wrote a question on the test that obviously everyone would know the answer to without him teaching us because we’ve worked in a clinic before. :yeahright:

It’s k
I work in a clinic as an assistant and I’ve never seen it before either. We don’t use dexdomitor.

Barging into this conversation just to say that I can't stop listening to The Last of the Real Ones! Hold Me Tight or Don't is also great.

Last Of The Real Ones, Champions, and Church are my personal faves on this album!

Lol that’s why your in vet school. Assuming a first year knows that antisedan reverses dexdom is silly...everyone has such variety of experience. If he’s going to use it in a question he should either a) teach you it in class or 2) say in the question that “antisedan is an alpha 2 adrenergic antagonist used to reverse dexmedetomidine...” and then continue with the question. Have you guys had pharm yet?

That's idiotic. I have a bottle of anti-sedan but can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have used it in practice. I doubt anyone else in the clinic has any idea where it is or what it's used for. I'm the only vet at my job that routinely uses dexmedetomidine and assuming everyone has same clinical experience is ridiculous.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol that’s why your in vet school. Assuming a first year knows that antisedan reverses dexdom is silly...everyone has such variety of experience. If he’s going to use it in a question he should either a) teach you it in class or 2) say in the question that “antisedan is an alpha 2 adrenergic antagonist used to reverse dexmedetomidine...” and then continue with the question. Have you guys had pharm yet?
So yeah. No we don’t have pharm until second year. So it’s dumb. Or he’ll give you a generic name and expect that you knew the brand name. So so so so so done with that class/ this semester

I don't ever want to see it again but I was able to write out glycolysis like a pro yesterday. Of course she didn't believe in abbreviations. PEP? Nope, only phosphoenolpyruvate to her. :rolleyes:

:uhno: I'm soooooo done with metabolism. That's a hard pass for me!
@Emily Faith found this yesterday.

BBC5EB53-C821-49F6-9EB7-925E687D5924.gif

You're almost there though!!!! YOU CAN DO IT! then let those notes become their own ecosystem for ants, spiders, and gnats in a darkened corner like mine have. lol
As long as I pass this semester (which I currently am because the last test brought me from a 69.00 up to a 70.4!!!!!) I won’t even save those notes. I will have an luxurious bonfire and roast marshmallows over the remnants of physiology

Reactions: 2 users
As long as I pass this semester (which I currently am because the last test brought me from a 69.00 up to a 70.4!!!!!) I won’t even save those notes. I will have an luxurious bonfire and roast marshmallows over the remnants of physiology
That works too. Motivation for sure! :)

Yesss, this is a great idea. Food-induced coma via marshmallows and chocolate. No better way to say “peace out” to phys FOREVER. And I’ve been hanging on to my C for dear life too in phys. People were like “Oh my gosh!! I might get a B in phys after this rough test. *sad face*” Pssshhh. Get outta here.

Phys is hell and should be roasted like it! I love this idea.

I ended phys II with a 69.3 overall. Had to take a placement exam.

Study like a mad person. We had a question walking us through the whoooooole estrus cycle of a cow in redonk detail, I remember that.

I ended phys II with a 69.3 overall. Had to take a placement exam.

Study like a mad person. We had a question walking us through the whoooooole estrus cycle of a cow in redonk detail, I remember that.
Thank you! I’m prepared for estrus, but I need to just get a couple more minor details down. And then the other organs. No placement exam will be happening this semester for me! I start work the Monday after and I really don’t want to have to call them and say that I got a D in a class and need to wait a week to start.

(See below for ridiculous estrus)

5B9CE3E4-18A5-4E23-9347-565FD7E62B52.jpeg

Thank you! I’m prepared for estrus, but I need to just get a couple more minor details down. And then the other organs. No placement exam will be happening this semester for me! I start work the Monday after and I really don’t want to have to call them and say that I got a D in a class and need to wait a week to start.

View attachment 232970
LEGIT doing the same thing now for undergrad repro class!!! Ughhh, good luck on your final!!!!

LEGIT doing the same thing now for undergrad repro class!!! Ughhh, good luck on your final!!!!
Thanks! You as well. Hoping that the other endocrine organs aren’t going to be too bad. We still have hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, and pancreas... :yeahright:

Thanks! You as well. Hoping that the other endocrine organs aren’t going to be too bad. We still have hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, and pancreas... :yeahright:
Just remember, GnRH comes from the hypothalamus which causes the pituitary to secrete FSH and LH. When the pineal gland gets the adequate amount of sunlight (short day vs long day) then there's a surge of GnRH which leads to a surge of LH which leads to ovulation!!! :D lol this is all I know haha

Just remember, GnRH comes from the hypothalamus which causes the pituitary to secrete FSH and LH. When the pineal gland gets the adequate amount of sunlight (short day vs long day) then there's a surge of GnRH which leads to a surge of LH which leads to ovulation!!! :D lol this is all I know haha
Hahahahaha yeah... stupid preoptic nucleus and suprachiasmatic nucleus

I start work the Monday after and I really don’t want to have to call them and say that I got a D in a class and need to wait a week to start

Also my motivation. I told my mentor I would start back the middle of that next week and don’t want to have to tell her I messed up. That woman is pretty much my #1 supporter. I think I’d be more upset telling her than my own mom. :laugh:

It’s actually the wall of a study room! It’s been painted with dry erase board paint so it’s essentially a wall sized dry erase board! Super cool!
We have an engineering building on campus where about half of the walls were dry erase paint and half with regular paint. The regular paint walls got marked up real fast, lol

Reactions: 4 users
We have an engineering building on campus where about half of the walls were dry erase paint and half with regular paint. The regular paint walls got marked up real fast, lol
Hahahaha oh no!!! In our engineering building, almost all of the glass is intended to be written on. Except for the giant glass windows stretching the entire back of the building. They don’t erase off of those! Might’ve learned that the hard way :whistle:

I’m thinking about getting a clear coat of dry erase paint for my new apartment next year! I’m a fan of good dry erase boards. It’d be a lot cheaper to do that and repaint after my lease expires than buy white boards and drill them into my wall and then have to refill the holes when I leave..

My professors: “please don’t wait till the last minute to study this material”
My brain: “ah yes, that sounds like a good idea! I’ll wait until the last minute to study the material!”
Me: pls help

Reactions: 4 users
My professors: “please don’t wait till the last minute to study this material”
My brain: “ah yes, that sounds like a good idea! I’ll wait until the last minute to study the material!”
Me: pls help
Me, every finals week.

I’m thinking about getting a clear coat of dry erase paint for my new apartment next year! I’m a fan of good dry erase boards. It’d be a lot cheaper to do that and repaint after my lease expires than buy white boards and drill them into my wall and then have to refill the holes when I leave..

Command strips. No joke. I have a 6ft by 4ft and a 3 ft by 4 ft white board hanging on my wall by command strips. The big on is being held up by two big closet hooks on the bottom and two on the top. Will attempt to post picture later today.

Command strips. No joke. I have a 6ft by 4ft and a 3 ft by 4 ft white board hanging on my wall by command strips. The big on is being held up by two big closet hooks on the bottom and two on the top. Will attempt to post picture later today.
Ugh command strips for me always take the paint & dry wall off the wall.

You kick that test's hiney and walk out with your head held high. You deserve that much.

Ugh command strips for me always take the paint & dry wall off the wall.

I manage to not take paint off. But that just might be pure luck, let's be real.

Attachments

• 20180430_065903.jpg
    20180430_065903.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
There’s a pretty good chance for some tornadoes and baseball sized hail on Wednesday. Luckily my house has a storm shelter but I’m debating just putting all my animals in there and locking them in. ‘Cause I don’t have to take finals if I get carried to the next state, right? :p

(Also the shelter is super creepy and full of dead spiders even after I swept it out...)

There’s a pretty good chance for some tornadoes and baseball sized hail on Wednesday. Luckily my house has a storm shelter but I’m debating just putting all my animals in there and locking them in. ‘Cause I don’t have to take finals if I get carried to the next state, right? :p

(Also the shelter is super creepy and full of dead spiders even after I swept it out...)
look on the bright side: if we get swept away in a tornado, we don’t have to take finals!! :heckyeah:

look on the bright side: if we get swept away in a tornado, we don’t have to take finals!! :heckyeah:

Check your handbook Dorothy. If you don't coordinate with your professor in advance to reschedule the test it is considered an unexcused absence and it will be counted as a zero. Tornados are not an excuse!

Check your handbook Dorothy. If you don't coordinate with your professor in advance to reschedule the test it is considered an unexcused absence and it will be counted as a zero. Tornados are not an excuse!
“Sorry, professor. I’m going to be blown away by a tornado Wednesday at approximately 7:57 PM. Can we reschedule? If not, I’ll try to hold on to a lamp post a little harder.”

Delusional parasitosis is real. They’re everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

*goes back to itching skin*
I literally have red splotches on my skin from where I’ve been subconsciously itching for no reason (I mean besides staring at lice and mites and ticks and bots for the past 48 hours). :laugh:

Delusional parasitosis is real. They’re everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

*goes back to itching skin*

Our bald eagle has mites. I race home to shower after every treatment shift in handle him due to intense paranoia they're digging into my skin.

Our bald eagle has mites. I race home to shower after every treatment shift in handle him due to intense paranoia they're digging into my skin.
Ugh the flat flies on raptors always gave me the worst heebie jeebies. Irrational, but I just shuddered a lil even thinking of the crunch noise.