Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have my interview this upcoming week. Any tips from those who have already gone through the process?
I would also suggest reviewing your own application pretty thoroughly. They asked me several followup questions to experiences and activities I had written about. Good luck, I loved it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would also suggest reviewing your own application pretty thoroughly. They asked me several followup questions to experiences and activities I had written about. Good luck, I loved it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

I had more questions about my experiences than anywhere else I've interviewed. They seemed to know my application pretty well

Reactions: 1 users
I had more questions about my experiences than anywhere else I've interviewed. They seemed to know my application pretty well

+1. They asked about a fun 1 credit hour online course I took my junior year of undergrad 4 years ago. It was one of the things that impressed me about DMU is how much time they took to get to know my application so much

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else get a 2nd pre-II hold notification this morning?

I got a similar email in July. Maybe they just reviewed my app and determined they would keep me on hold idk.

I got a similar email in July. Maybe they just reviewed my app and determined they would keep me on hold idk.
I received the same one today. It's been 60 days since I received the first hold email.

I received the same one today. It's been 60 days since I received the first hold email.

Nice to know theyre not forgetting about us!

II just now. Will have to look into this school more now, very interested in it. I know some incredible docs who went here so that's good news.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-interview hold on 10/26. Complete 9/9.

Just got a pre-interview hold on 10/27. Complete 10/3.

Pre Interview hold as well 10/27. Darn! Was really hoping for an II here but only time will tell!

Anyone know the chances of getting off of the pre-interview hold list at this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long they take to give you an answer post secondary? Received the in review email a week ago!

Anyone know the chances of getting off of the pre-interview hold list at this school?

I don't know the chances but I'm assuming if people do get off the hold list, it won't be for a while. Probably around February-March

Figured I'd let y'all know that my app got placed on hold. So not a rejection, but it isn't an II either.

This news was emailed to me on Oct 7. My secondary app was complete Sept 20.

Are there any current students that can speak to where most of the 1st and 2nd year students live? I'm just doing a little preliminary research so I can go see places during my next opportunity to drive to Des Moines and don't wanna isolate myself from everybody. Thanks!

Withdrew my application, placed on the alternate list post-interview, good luck to you all I hope someone at elast gets an II because of it :)

Are there any current students that can speak to where most of the 1st and 2nd year students live? I'm just doing a little preliminary research so I can go see places during my next opportunity to drive to Des Moines and don't wanna isolate myself from everybody. Thanks!

Windsor Terrace, Grand Prix, Reilly Grand, Imperial and 3000 Grand are all very close. 3031 apartments are across from 3000 Grand and is the nicest place to live within walking distance. 3000 Grand the next nicest. Those first handful I listed are directly across the street from campus but are not as nice, but you'll save money living there.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my application, placed on the alternate list post-interview, good luck to you all I hope someone at elast gets an II because of it :)

Sorry to hear that, but MSU-COM is an awesome school! (and a lot cheaper) When did you interview at DMU? I'm still waiting to hear back.

I'm visiting Des Moines for the first time this week (shout out to the 11/3 interviews!) and will have a little bit of free time after the interview. Does anyone have recommendations on places to visit/eat?

I'm visiting Des Moines for the first time this week (shout out to the 11/3 interviews!) and will have a little bit of free time after the interview. Does anyone have recommendations on places to visit/eat?

When I was there I hit up Zombie Burger and it is unique. They have a statue park that you could walk around too

Accepted!!!!!!! I really loved this school when I interviewed. Good luck everyone. If people have questions about the interview day feel free to PM me

Edit: Interviewed 10/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!!
SLHGHGRIAH;GLSGESGHSGH'EGSEES
FIRST ACCEPTANCE

**crying**

absolutely loved it here!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Interviewed on 10/20 :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted yesterday after walking out of another interview. Interviewed 10/17. Lizzy 67.7

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do we need to communicate with them after were accepted? I got accepted like a month ago and haven't had any communication with them.

Do we need to communicate with them after were accepted? I got accepted like a month ago and haven't had any communication with them.
No. Just enjoy your time before classes start. You'll get emails in the spring about what to do next.

No. Just enjoy your time before classes start. You'll get emails in the spring about what to do next.

Besides the deposit if I choose to go here. I'm still interviewing at other places but I didn't know if I had to accept my acceptance or what.

Besides the deposit if I choose to go here. I'm still interviewing at other places but I didn't know if I had to accept my acceptance or what.

If you don't have your vaccines you might want to make an appointment to start those.

Yes aside from your acceptance deposit. Sorry for assuming!

Just withdrew my II. I hope it goes to one of you guys/gals!! It's an amazing school!

Hi! If anyone is going to be in Des Moines tonight for interview tomorrow I would love to meet some of you over dinner/drinks!

Post-interview alternate. :( Does anyone know if DMU has a history of drawing from its alternate pool?

Accepted Nov. 3rd! Interviewed Oct. 28th, crazy fast turn-around time! Very excited to be attending DMU in the fall. Can someone add me to the fb?