Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same ... did anyone get a response ? I don’t even care if it’s a rejection but just let me know so I can move on.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Still a few min to 7:00 PM! Let’s see.......havent heard anything yet though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think they sent them out yet considering when the first round went out immediately people posted that they had been accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same ... did anyone get a response ? I don’t even care if it’s a rejection but just let me know so I can move on.

I agree. I know they owe us nothing, but a rejection or a mass email saying “we’ll get back to you eventually” would be nice.

Yeah today isn't the day ... lol

You would think with the way they've handled communication so far that I wouldn't have had high hopes of having a decision as early as FRIDAY, talk less of today haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah today isn't the day ... lol

You would think with the way they've handled communication so far that I wouldn't have had high hopes of having a decision as early as FRIDAY, talk less of today haha.
Lol I would much rather not have an expected date for a decision than having expected decision dates that result in nothing

Reactions: 3 users
I’m getting so frustrated. Even my plan b is demanding I start moving forward with their program. I hope this grueling wait is worth it :help:

Hey y'all!

I have an update that will definitely at least help.
  1. The 2nd wave of acceptances has been sent to the department that sends out acceptance emails this morning. Over the past weekend there were a lot of storms and power outages in Philadelphia that may have caused a backup and delay of sending out the messages. The acceptances will be sent out very, very soon. I know this isn't what y'all had hoped for and expected, and it does suck. I'm hoping for the best!
  2. The TAs are working hard to plan and make this summer experience as collaborative, fun, informative, etc. as possible. We are definitely excited to meet y'all, and we are aiming to prep y'all for the fall to kick some butt.
I saw these 2 posts that were more or less repeated in the thread, and hopefully I can help some.

Hey guys!!! For those that are still waiting for a decision, I wish you luck and I’m sure you will all be doctors one day regardless!!!

for those that were accepted- the acceptance letter says that we need to apply to the early assurance program through AAMC. Is there a timeline in which this must be completed? Are we able to do this now? I’m confused, haha!:rofl:

The way that you should apply in your AMCAS application is going to be explained in detail in the fall semester. So as of right now, please don't worry about this aspect and enjoy your summer! Just so y'all know, information on how to apply correctly usually comes out in early October, and the deadline to complete it is Dec 1st.

Hey y’all, what apartments are you looking at? Have any of you leased a place yet?

I had the opportunity to talk to Ms. Thelicia Hill today, and the date of when the school suggests that you all should be here is still being decided upon. Since Drexel itself doesn't even know if the shuttle system that usually runs between East Falls (where the medical school is located and where a lot of Drexel Med/DPMS students live) and Center City (Philly downtown area where New College Building [NCB] is located) will be running, it is hard to be able to say where the best place to live will be. More information should be decided shortly in the coming week(s?), and once we know, you all will know.

So what does that mean? Please look for places in Center City and East Falls because knowing where things are happening is still unknown. Also please think through each scenario thoroughly before making a decision. If you don't have car, please think of how that may impact you. If you do have a car, think of how that may impact you.

If you have leased a place already, please don't fret. How things will be running at first is not indefinite. Normalcy will come again at some time.

Funny things is that I'm also in this boat of deciding where to live; so I know the discomfort this may cause. I wish us all luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Hi Everyone!

I am super late because I just found this thread but I was accepted and am excited to meet each of you! @SparklesDuWang I am looking forward to the Facebook group invite and thank you for all of the info throughout this process.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE! Congratulations to everyone else who got in! We are going to be doctorsss! I'm so excited

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted but will be turning down offer for Georgetown gems program good luck to you all

Guys... I got in! I’m so excited to meet all of you!

Reactions: 14 users
Congrats to you all. I guess I'll try again next year :(

I was accepted!!!
Long time no see everyone, but I’ve already gotten started at my in-state SMP so I will be unfortunately turning this down! I hope someone else here can benefit from this, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 13 users
I was accepted! Thank you everyone that commented on this thread and made this journey a little better. For those that did not get in, I was there. Please do not give up. This is a long road but I believe there is room for all of us at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
Hello guys! Were your portals updated as well? Did anyone receive waitlist/rejections?

Hey y'all! Super excited to hear about everyone's acceptances. I
Hey y'all!

I have an update that will definitely at least help.
  1. The 2nd wave of acceptances has been sent to the department that sends out acceptance emails this morning. Over the past weekend there were a lot of storms and power outages in Philadelphia that may have caused a backup and delay of sending out the messages. The acceptances will be sent out very, very soon. I know this isn't what y'all had hoped for and expected, and it does suck. I'm hoping for the best!
  2. The TAs are working hard to plan and make this summer experience as collaborative, fun, informative, etc. as possible. We are definitely excited to meet y'all, and we are aiming to prep y'all for the fall to kick some butt.
I saw these 2 posts that were more or less repeated in the thread, and hopefully I can help some.

The way that you should apply in your AMCAS application is going to be explained in detail in the fall semester. So as of right now, please don't worry about this aspect and enjoy your summer! Just so y'all know, information on how to apply correctly usually comes out in early October, and the deadline to complete it is Dec 1st.

I had the opportunity to talk to Ms. Thelicia Hill today, and the date of when the school suggests that you all should be here is still being decided upon. Since Drexel itself doesn't even know if the shuttle system that usually runs between East Falls (where the medical school is located and where a lot of Drexel Med/DPMS students live) and Center City (Philly downtown area where New College Building [NCB] is located) will be running, it is hard to be able to say where the best place to live will be. More information should be decided shortly in the coming week(s?), and once we know, you all will know.

So what does that mean? Please look for places in Center City and East Falls because knowing where things are happening is still unknown. Also please think through each scenario thoroughly before making a decision. If you don't have car, please think of how that may impact you. If you do have a car, think of how that may impact you.

If you have leased a place already, please don't fret. How things will be running at first is not indefinite. Normalcy will come again at some time.

Funny things is that I'm also in this boat of deciding where to live; so I know the discomfort this may cause. I wish us all luck!

Hey! I truly hope you can help me with this! LOL first of all - thank you so much for all of your insight. I'm so happy for everyone getting acceptances. I interviewed May 18th and would be in this second wave of admissions decisions. However, last night when people started posting about their acceptances, I realized that my DPMS app was linked to my old student email that coincidentally was deactivated last Sunday. It never crossed my mind until last night because I had my email forwarding on to my new email address: [email protected].

Do you have any connection to someone who can forward my decision email to my new email address? I'm rather anxious to find out and get this over with! lol.

I will say, my applicant info did change and I was generated a University ID.

Congrats everyone! I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m taking that as a rejection. best wishes.

I'm assuming it's either a waitlist or rejection for those of us who haven't heard back. Big bummer but also motivation to keep going and work harder. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! I truly hope someone can help me with this! LOL first of all - thank you so much for all of your insight. I'm so happy for everyone getting acceptances. I interviewed May 18th and would be in this second wave of admissions decisions. However, last night when people started posting about their acceptances, I realized that my DPMS app was linked to my old student email that coincidentally was deactivated last Sunday. It never crossed my mind until last night because I had my email forwarding on to my new email address: [email protected].

Does anyone have any connection to someone who can forward my decision email to my new email address? I'm rather anxious to find out and get this over with! lol.

I would try calling Drexel admissions over waiting for Sparkles to come check this thread. That’s probably something easy enough for them to check for you. The university ID thing sounds promising— good luck!

Hey y'all! Super excited to hear about everyone's acceptances. I

Hey! I truly hope you can help me with this! LOL first of all - thank you so much for all of your insight. I'm so happy for everyone getting acceptances. I interviewed May 18th and would be in this second wave of admissions decisions. However, last night when people started posting about their acceptances, I realized that my DPMS app was linked to my old student email that coincidentally was deactivated last Sunday. It never crossed my mind until last night because I had my email forwarding on to my new email address: [email protected].

Do you have any connection to someone who can forward my decision email to my new email address? I'm rather anxious to find out and get this over with! lol.

Hello there!

I recommend emailing the general email, [email protected], and Thelicia Hill, [email protected], about this ASAP. Thelicia Hill is the DPMS academic administrator, and she knows all who were accepted.

I hope you get the news you want!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope this position goes to one of you all because this is truly an incredible program. I wish there were more programs like it. Good luck!

For those waiting on more word, I reached out to Mrs.Hill and was advised that waitlist info should be out soon

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope this position goes to one of you all because this is truly an incredible program. I wish there were more programs like it. Good luck!
But what will Philly do without the Dayman?!? LOL but congrats on your other opportunity and good luck!!

• Haha
Denied! Hopefully I can gain some insight from them as to why my app was denied. Was there anyone who got accepted with the MCAT being waived?

I was admitted without an MCAT score. I’m sorry to hear you were denied and wish you luck on getting into an amazing program!

Did you guys receive the waitlist email before or after your portal changed?

Hey Ya’ll. Congrats to everyone accepted. I am really happy for ya’ll. I’ve been waitlisted and still hopeful.

Quick question.....for those who’ve been accepted, what date do you have to reply by to confirm your place since, waitlisted people will most likely hear back after that date. TIA!!