Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good morning everyone! I was just told that my application was not even reviewed because it was not marked complete until May 8, despite all my application materials being handed in by May 4th the deadline. I was told that week, that it takes time for application materials to be matched to the application and that if it was in by the deadline, that it would be processed by May 8th (and it was). I'm sure that I am not the only one that this has happened too. If you think you might be in the same boat as me where your materials were handed in on time but you were no marked complete, I think you should email Thelicia Hill ([email protected]).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning everyone! I was just told that my application was not even reviewed because it was not marked complete until May 8, despite all my application materials being handed in by May 4th the deadline. I was told that week, that it takes time for application materials to be matched to the application and that if it was in by the deadline, that it would be processed by May 8th (and it was). I'm sure that I am not the only one that this has happened too. If you think you might be in the same boat as me where your materials were handed in on time but you were no marked complete, I think you should email Thelicia Hill ([email protected]).
I know like many of you, I worked really hard on my application, and for it not to even be reviewed, is incredibly frustrating. Perhaps if there is enough of us dealing with this same issue, something can be done.

Hi! first thanks so much for all your help ! I think we all truly appreciate it! secondly, I wanted to pass on some feedback. I think if you could somehow pass this on to the admissions team it would be wonderful. For the future classes, I think it would be great if when they reject someone, they inform them about that decision sooner rather than after they have announced all the acceptances/interviews etc. This would help that individual to move on very easily. I know I have been rejected but it would have helped to inform me as soon as they made a decision instead of making me check this page in hopes of any news. I still haven't received any news about my final decision but thanks to you I know I have been rejected as there are no more interviews. Anyways, thanks again for all your help!
I do agree with this. Even though I wasn't this unfortunate, I do think the admissions committee has a very flawed communication system. The worst part is I noticed this year hasn't been the only time they've flagrantly left people in the dark and ghosted them. From the forums of previous years, this was a regular occurrence. They can do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Did someone call you? I have been trying to reach someone by phone for days now.

no i sent an email, inquiring, after seeing the post that interviews are supposedly complete. I was waiting because I thought interviews were being extended. The only person that I have recieved a somewhat helpful response from is Thelicia Hill, via email.
Did someone call you? I have been trying to reach someone by phone for days now.

no i sent an email, inquiring, after seeing the post that interviews are supposedly complete. I was waiting because I thought interviews were being extended. The only person that I have recieved a somewhat helpful response from is Thelicia Hill, via email.

So did she tell you anything about interviews?

I emailed about interviews and receive this- As far as I can see it looks like your application is still under review. The medical school doesn't really share too much with us other than what I can see on your application portal.

I emailed about interviews and receive this- As far as I can see it looks like your application is still under review. The medical school doesn't really share too much with us other than what I can see on your application portal.

you need to email Thelicia Hill directly. The general email listed on the website is useless. Here is her email: [email protected]

So did she tell you anything about interviews?
She told me interviews are over. I responded explaining my situation and forwarded her the previous email that received that said that my application would still be review. Currently awaiting a response.

Is there a Facebook page yet? :)

There is a Facebook group. We haven’t posted or sent a link to join it or have sent any invites just yet. The TA team is waiting to receive the names of the accepted students from both acceptance waves. We may post a link though soon before the list gets to us to get the ball semi-rolling. I’ll let y’all know of our decision soon

I'll be applying next cycle. Do you know what made them increase the class to 50? Was it funding?

I actually do know this one. Usually, we are limited to 45 seats due to space constraints in the summer housing at the graduate dorm. Since we don’t have that this year with the program continuing online for the summer, that allowed the school to add more. That was really great need to hear especially after hearing how this year the applicant pool was full of amazing individuals

Hi! first thanks so much for all your help ! I think we all truly appreciate it! secondly, I wanted to pass on some feedback. I think if you could somehow pass this on to the admissions team it would be wonderful. For the future classes, I think it would be great if when they reject someone, they inform them about that decision sooner rather than after they have announced all the acceptances/interviews etc. This would help that individual to move on very easily. I know I have been rejected but it would have helped to inform me as soon as they made a decision instead of making me check this page in hopes of any news. I still haven't received any news about my final decision but thanks to you I know I have been rejected as there are no more interviews. Anyways, thanks again for all your help!

I’ll definitely pass this along. I agree with you that it sucks, and if they could do that, then it would be for the best. I know how important this opportunity is for y’all.

I’ll be honest with an opinion I have. Since I know how it feels to wait seemingly forever, I wanted to be this liaison for y’all. In past years when the program didn’t have TAs and even less seats, communication I heard was much worse; so the communication that y’all have received thus far has actually been good. I know this still doesn’t feel like it’s enough, and improvements can definitely be made. Hopefully with me advocating for y’all something can be changed and done.

Here’s my fingers crossed that y’all can get official words soon. I think once the 2nd round has been released is when people get their rejection and waitlists.

Does anyone have access to the DPMS academic calendar? Is there a break between summer semester and fall semester?

The academic calendar isn’t finalized yet. I can tell you however that DPMS usually has a short few days (2-3) between the summer and fall. It really isn’t much of a break. It’s a very crazy marathon honestly from the moment it starts until the moment it ends. The program will definitely mess with your sense of time. The year all at once will feel like the slowest/longest but fastest year of your life. It’s crazy, but it’s very doable.

Reactions: 7 users
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us! Y'all are really working overtime to prepare us for DPMS and I really do appreciate that. Congratulations to you both for getting into DUCOM!!
Thank you!!! So glad you enjoyed it

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have access to the DPMS academic calendar? Is there a break between summer semester and fall semester?
Last year we only had like a weekend between summer and Fall. But def wait for the calendar to be released, don’t expect there to be a long break though

Anxiety at its peak. Did anyone hear back today. This threads been awfully quiet today. I really hope we hear back today.

Reactions: 6 users
Nothing yet unfortunately. I was hoping today would be the day!

I hoped today was the day but my emails have been silent. Hope to hear something soon, lets all try to stay calm.

Reactions: 4 users
I hoped today was the day but my emails have been silent. Hope to hear something soon, lets all try to stay calm.
me too. Ive been at work refreshing the page and my email like its working for me lol. Super nervous

I guess today's not the day! It's going to be a long weekend. :bang:

Literally have been a ball of stress all day bc I was expecting results ); hang in there everyone

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Omg y’all I just played myself. I had a dream that I was at some Drexel event and they were calling people up one at a time to let them know they’d been admitted. They called a bunch of people at my table and then they finally called my name!

But, I have a super generic last name (think Johnson, or Brown) so really they were calling somebody else with the same lame name.

Then they called my name again and I didn’t even get up this time because I already know the drill. So they walked over to me and asked why I was ignoring them. I’m in disbelief: am I really getting accepted? No way is this real, this must be a dream. So there I am in the middle of Drexel with all of y’all around slapping and pinching myself, doing everything I can to wake up and get the disappointment of reality over with and.... nothing. I don’t wake up. This is reality!

Suddenly some alarms go off and somebody’s handing me a USB drive to protect from the Russians who are invading DUCOM and I just kind of ignore them because I have exams to study for ???? ‍♀️

Only after I’ve made an idiot of myself in front of my colleagues, celebrated my new reality, and finally got down to the hard work of becoming a doctor, of course that’s when I wake up. ‍♀️

Don’t be like me. Team #nosleep until these admissions decisions are released lol

• Haha
Omg y’all I just played myself. I had a dream that I was at some Drexel event and they were calling people up one at a time to let them know they’d been admitted. They called a bunch of people at my table and then they finally called my name!

But, I have a super generic last name (think Johnson, or Brown) so really they were calling somebody else with the same lame name.

Then they called my name again and I didn’t even get up this time because I already know the drill. So they walked over to me and asked why I was ignoring them. I’m in disbelief: am I really getting accepted? No way is this real, this must be a dream. So there I am in the middle of Drexel with all of y’all around slapping and pinching myself, doing everything I can to wake up and get the disappointment of reality over with and.... nothing. I don’t wake up. This is reality!

Suddenly some alarms go off and somebody’s handing me a USB drive to protect from the Russians who are invading DUCOM and I just kind of ignore them because I have exams to study for ???? ‍♀

Only after I’ve made an idiot of myself in front of my colleagues, celebrated my new reality, and finally got down to the hard work of becoming a doctor, of course that’s when I wake up. ‍♀

Don’t be like me. Team #nosleep until these admissions decisions are released lol
This was wild from start to finish :laugh: Thank you for the entertainment! Praying for good news on your behalf!

• Haha
I hope they tell us early on Monday. The suspense of the whole day would kill me lol

I also had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt that interview day was done at a campsite in April. After waiting these past couple of weeks I get the decision email only for it to say I got rejected because they saw me throw my trash in a bush and not the trash can... (weird because I’m super against littering). Anyway, I woke up and shot out of bed with my heart racing!! What is going on with us hahaha. I’m going to need that decision email before I lose it :laugh:

• Haha
I also had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt that interview day was done at a campsite in April. After waiting these past couple of weeks I get the decision email only for it to say I got rejected because they saw me throw my trash in a bush and not the trash can... (weird because I’m super against littering). Anyway, I woke up and shot out of bed with my heart racing!! What is going on with us hahaha. I’m going to need that decision email before I lose it :laugh:

If we don’t become doctors we can start a comedy troupe about strange dreams we had on the interview trail

Hey guys!!! For those that are still waiting for a decision, I wish you luck and I’m sure you will all be doctors one day regardless!!!

for those that were accepted- the acceptance letter says that we need to apply to the early assurance program through AAMC. Is there a timeline in which this must be completed? Are we able to do this now? I’m confused, haha!:rofl:

Hey guys!!! For those that are still waiting for a decision, I wish you luck and I’m sure you will all be doctors one day regardless!!!

for those that were accepted- the acceptance letter says that we need to apply to the early assurance program through AAMC. Is there a timeline in which this must be completed? Are we able to do this now? I’m confused, haha!:rofl:

Time and time again I feel like I've heard that this is what we're supposed to do, yes, but not to do anything about it until we're explicitly told to do so haha. I'm pretty positive the program will walk us through it and let us know where the time is right!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Time and time again I've heard that this is what we're supposed to do, yes, but not to do anything about it until we're explicitly told to do so haha. I'm pretty positive the program will walk us through it and let us know where the time is right!
Ok great. Yeah I was wondering the same thing and didnt know if we had to do an entire application through AMCAS or what the deal is. Like you said I guess we'll all find out together when we have to do it.

Hey y’all, what apartments are you looking at? Have any of you leased a place yet?

They will instruct us when to do this, don’t worry about it for now!

Hey y’all, what apartments are you looking at? Have any of you leased a place yet?
I'm looking in the east falls and center city areas. Since I'm coming from out of state I'll be searching seriously this week. I know it was mentioned that the TAs will give us a list of recommended places to live so I'm looking forward to that

For those that were accepted, what does it say under start term in your portal? I'm waiting for word back today (crossing my fingers) and noticed my portal changed. It no longer lists my interview date, and the start term changed from Fall to Fall (September).

For those that were accepted, what does it say under start term in your portal? I'm waiting for word back today (crossing my fingers) and noticed my portal changed. It no longer lists my interview date, and the start term changed from Fall to Fall (September).

I was accepted in the last wave and it says Fall (September) so I'm crossing my fingers for you that it means good news!!

I made the same observation with my portal. My interview date moved from the "Your Application" down to a paragraph under "Admission Status" and it changed to Fall (September) for entry date term. Let's hope today is the day!!

I was accepted in the last wave and it says Fall (September) so I'm crossing my fingers for you that it means good news!!
Besides it changing to that, did anything else under admission status changed for you? Did it still say your application is complete and under review

My portal changed as well! Best of luck for all of you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t notice the difference before, but mine has Fall(September) as well and full time. I’m not sure how it was before.

We’re for sure getting results today right :/ idk if I can wait any longer. And also I think the portal change might be due to them completely finishing interviews. Let’s not get our hopes up either >___<

Reactions: 1 users
Is the business day over? Is this a Tuesday waiting game now? :thinking:

My portal shows entry term Fall(September) and has my interview date under admission status as well. However, I noticed this change in my portal after my interview date in April. As much as I want to believe the portal change is indicative of being admitted, I don't believe it is.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back

I’m hoping all of you receive acceptances. I know the waiting is nerve -racking. I don’t think there is a specific time they send out acceptances cause I received mine around 7pm

So... anybody else worried that the second wave of acceptances DID go out today and we just didn’t make the cut? Lol.