Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to you! I will be retaking my mcat in a few weeks time and also applying this summer! Are you going on ahead with Georgetown’s program?

Yessir! Program Starts first week of August, I encourage everyone to apply if they dont have any other options (Georgetown extended their applications to July I believe)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interview in April and didn't get anything? My portal still states it's under review so i'm hoping there is a chance we can hear something during the second wave of acceptances!

Anyone else interview in April and didn't get anything? My portal still states it's under review so i'm hoping there is a chance we can hear something during the second wave of acceptances!
I also interviewed in April and didnt hear back yet. I read on last years forum that some people that interviewed in April were accpeted in the second round of acceptances so keep the faith. Try to stay calm to the best of your abilities I definitely know its very stressful.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!! What a RELIEF

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!! You got an email just now?
I actually got it yesterday but it was in my junk email so I didn't see it -- I noticed when I checked my admission status page on their portal!

Hi! I've been lurking on this thread for a bit, but I wasn't anticipating a response until early/mid-June. When I interviewed May 18th, she said we were probably in the second wave of applicants. May I ask when in May you interviewed?
I interviewed may 4th

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group set up yet for accepted students?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where all the in-person classes for DPMS is supposed to take place? Is it in Queen's lane, center city, or main campus, or some other miscellaneous campus....? Just wondering for reference while I'm apartment searching haha

I think it’s New College Building if I recall from the interview.
Does anyone know where all the in-person classes for DPMS is supposed to take place? Is it in Queen's lane, center city, or main campus, or some other miscellaneous campus....? Just wondering for reference while I'm apartment searching haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to join the convo. I’ve been following the forum for a while now lol. I interviewed on 5/20 and I’m excited to see my colleagues revive there acceptances for the first round! Wish me luck. I was told I would hear back by the 7th during my interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it’s New College Building if I recall from the interview.
This is true ! All of your in person classes will be in the new college building, unless they have made some changes due to COVID-19

Has anyone who hasnt taken the MCAT yet been granted an acceptance into DPMS?

Just wanted to join the convo. I’ve been following the forum for a while now lol. I interviewed on 5/20 and I’m excited to see my colleagues revive there acceptances for the first round! Wish me luck. I was told I would hear back by the 7th during my interview.
I guess this means the 2nd wave will be on the 7th ish?

Hi y’all!

I have been really busy, and I apologize for being away for the time being. Creating good ideas for DPMS this summer is fun and also a busy kind of thing.

I want to congratulate the first round of acceptances! You did that! Be proud of yourself, take this time now to get your business in order, sleep as much as you can (because it will become rare soon), spend time with your loved ones, and get mentally ready for the hardest year of your academic life. I will be with you every step of the way this year as one of the returning TAs, and we are going to make y’all successful!

Now, let me answer/address some things I read on the thread.

Thanks for sharing!
but what does this mean in terms of interviews? Are they done sending IIs? I think they should have communicated all these delays to us, be more considerate of our time.
Are they done interviewing for real?

I’ll also ask Dr. Núñez about this tomorrow. I will get back to y’all as soon as I can with this information.

Also, I totally understand and can empathize well about the whole waiting and having no communication directed to y’all. You and everyone are right in feeling this way, and I can remember not receiving even a simple rejection email from some of the med school I interviewed at. It really sucks, and I hate that Drexel may be so far backed up that it’s causing them to send out even that kind of information. Because I know how this feels, I have tried to make sure that y’all are in the loop as much as possible to avoid those negative feelings from growing. I will be meeting with Dr. Núñez on Tuesday with the rest of the newly selected TAs, and I will try to get more information for everyone at the latest.

Lastly, this is the worst thing I’ll write today. Since it is now June, typically in prior years the interviews will have been finished by this time, but please remember that this is a different year with different circumstances due to the pandemic. I don’t want to give false hope, but I also don’t want to give you false information. Again, I’ll ask tomorrow or the day after during our meeting and will get back to y’all as soon as I can with this information.

And the program still started July 1 then as well?

This year orientation will start on June 29th. That is fast approaching y’all!

I feel like that’s not much different from what we already know. I honestly hope to god they can give us something before then. I will def be enrolled in another program by the middle of June and I would like to know my own final decision before then. Ughhh this is just so annoying.

As some of my colleagues have said, please call and ask for an extension if possible.

I would really hate for anyone who has a confirmed opportunity have their opportunity slip away due to waiting for DPMS. I know that y’all would love to have the opportunity to take part of DPMS, and I would love it for yall to be a part of it too. I don’t want you or anyone else to live with regrets if possible, and I think knowing what you’re willing to do or not do is very important for this precious time coming soon. It will determine really what you should do in the now that you know that is certain. I’m not saying to give up on DPMS. I just want you to know how your decisions will impact you in this coming year. Hopefully everything will work out in the best way possible. I wish you and everyone the most luck to have the best outcome.

Just so you and everyone else knows, I was a 2nd round acceptance. My date of acceptance was 6/8/2018, which was the 2nd Friday of the month. If possible, I would recommend to wait until the following Monday. If you can’t wait until then, I understand fully.

Yeah I'm also just as confused. Either everyone involved with admissions is not on the same page or we have just been left in the dark. It seems like they concluded interviews w/o informing those still waiting on an invite and then everyone waiting on an admissions decision will just have to wait until mid June. Hopefully @SparklesDuWang can please shed some light on this since they have access to the inside.

I’m sorry to you and everyone else who mentioned me in the thread! I’ve started prepping for this next DPMS year already, and I’m very thankful for my colleagues who were able to shed some light for y’all.

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group set up yet for accepted students?

I will be making this Facebook group tomorrow actually, and once I get a list of the accepted students this coming week, I will start inviting y’all to join the private group. Just so y’all know, the TAs will be hosting a Q&A session once all the students are accepted through the facebook group (most likely or maybe zoom).

There are some really interesting things developing for living opportunities in University City that are still being worked out. I know that it will be affordable. Also, before coming for orientation, the other TAs and myself will be sending out google doc for those wanting a roommate. We will be also offering assistance with information on where to live. I will also be getting the aid of Realtors to help out too.

Does this mean they’ve sent out all of the first wave of acceptances?

Yes, all the first wave of acceptances have been sent out. Now all that is left is the 2nd wave.

I hope this has helped in some way!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Hi y’all!

I have been really busy, and I apologize for being away for the time being. Creating good ideas for DPMS this summer is fun and also a busy kind of thing.

I want to congratulate the first round of acceptances! You did that! Be proud of yourself, take this time now to get your business in order, sleep as much as you can (because it will become rare soon), spend time with your loved ones, and get mentally ready for the hardest year of your academic life. I will be with you every step of the way this year as one of the returning TAs, and we are going to make y’all successful!

I’ll also ask Dr. Núñez about this tomorrow. I will get back to y’all as soon as I can with this information.

Also, I totally understand and can empathize well about the whole waiting and having no communication directed to y’all. You and everyone are right in feeling this way, and I can remember not receiving even a simple rejection email from some of the med school I interviewed at. It really sucks, and I hate that Drexel may be so far backed up that it’s causing them to send out even that kind of information. Because I know how this feels, I have tried to make sure that y’all are in the loop as much as possible to avoid those negative feelings from growing. I will be meeting with Dr. Núñez on Tuesday with the rest of the newly selected TAs, and I will try to get more information for everyone at the latest.

Lastly, this is the worst thing I’ll write today. Since it is now June, typically in prior years the interviews will have been finished by this time, but please remember that this is a different year with different circumstances due to the pandemic. I don’t want to give false hope, but I also don’t want to give you false information. Again, I’ll ask tomorrow or the day after during our meeting and will get back to y’all as soon as I can with this information.

As some of my colleagues have said, please call and ask for an extension if possible.

I would really hate for anyone who has a confirmed opportunity have their opportunity slip away due to waiting for DPMS. I know that y’all would love to have the opportunity to take part of DPMS, and I would love it for yall to be a part of it too. I don’t want you or anyone else to live with regrets if possible, and I think knowing what you’re willing to do or not do is very important for this precious time coming soon. It will determine really what you should do in the now that you know that is certain. I’m not saying to give up on DPMS. I just want you to know how your decisions will impact you in this coming year. Hopefully everything will work out in the best way possible. I wish you and everyone the most luck to have the best outcome.

Just so you and everyone else knows, I was a 2nd round acceptance. My date of acceptance was 6/8/2018, which was the 2nd Friday of the month. If possible, I would recommend to wait until the following Monday. If you can’t wait until then, I understand fully.

I’m sorry to you and everyone else who mentioned me in the thread! I’ve started prepping for this next DPMS year already, and I’m very thankful for my colleagues who were able to shed some light for y’all.

I will be making this Facebook group tomorrow actually, and once I get a list of the accepted students this coming week, I will start inviting y’all to join the private group. Just so y’all know, the TAs will be hosting a Q&A session once all the students are accepted through the facebook group (most likely or maybe zoom).

There are some really interesting things developing for living opportunities in University City that are still being worked out. I know that it will be affordable. Also, before coming for orientation, the other TAs and myself will be sending out google doc for those wanting a roommate. We will be also offering assistance with information on where to live. I will also be getting the aid of Realtors to help out too.

Yes, all the first wave of acceptances have been sent out. Now all that is left is the 2nd wave.

This has been very helpful! Thank you! I have another question you may be able to answer: I am concerned that the first wave was designated for the early interviews. Does this mean if I interviewed early, I can assume I’ve been rejected? I’m grateful for the opportunity, regardless!

@SparklesDuWang Since the summer session is supposedly online, should we anticipate being in Philly for the June 29th start date (as in should we plan on moving and being in philly by June 29th?). Thanks!

Hi y’all!

Thank you, this is really nice info! Fingers crossed for good news this week! I’ve already started prepping for my other program but I’m still keeping an eye out for DPMS! Thank you and everyone in this thread for being so helpful and doing more for us than what you have to do!

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far! For those accepted do you mind sharing your stats? Also, given that some of the interviews were via zoom how did that go?

This has been very helpful! Thank you! I have another question you may be able to answer: I am concerned that the first wave was designated for the early interviews. Does this mean if I interviewed early, I can assume I’ve been rejected? I’m grateful for the opportunity, regardless!

I don't know honestly since I am not part of the admissions committee. If the admissions committee is like other schools, which I do believe it is, you are still in the running. Please remember that no news is good news. I know this doesn't help too much, but I am hoping for the best for all of y'all.

@SparklesDuWang Since the summer session is supposedly online, should we anticipate being in Philly for the June 29th start date (as in should we plan on moving and being in philly by June 29th?). Thanks!

I was told that we are only expecting y'all to be in the city once the summer ends. This is because Drexel is planning on opening its campus in late August/early September. If any of this changes, we will tell you as soon as that occurs.

Classes will most likely be in the New College Building, that’s where ours were. Your TAs will bombard you with info about living so it’s not anything to worry about now, just REST and relax right now. It’s going to get real quick

Hey guys! Me and another DPMS alum recorded a DPMS video that will you give more insight on the program.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Reactions: 15 users
Hey guys! Me and another DPMS alum recorded a DPMS video that will you give more insight on the program.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us! Y'all are really working overtime to prepare us for DPMS and I really do appreciate that. Congratulations to you both for getting into DUCOM!!

Hope you guys enjoy!

I watched it yesterday, it was really insightful! It's crazy because I've been looking for this type of DPMS video on youtube for the longest time so it's definitely the first of its kind lol. Loved it!

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far! For those accepted do you mind sharing your stats? Also, given that some of the interviews were via zoom how did that go?
I was accepted with a 3.4c 3.0s and 495 mcat. The interview day follows a schedule that is laid back and nothing to stress over imo. I suggest you look through previous pages where other posters have left great advice/reviews of the interview day :)

I was accepted with a 3.4c 3.0s and 495 mcat. The interview day follows a schedule that is laid back and nothing to stress over imo. I suggest you look through previous pages where other posters have left great advice/reviews of the interview day :)
Did you just graduate this year or took a gap year/years?

I had a glitch when submitting my science GPA form a few weeks back. I had to resubmit and save it multiple times just so it would go through. It gave me a 2.3 GPA when I know my science GPA is around a 3.0 what should I do?

Hey y’all!!

As I promised, here I come with the updates!

1. Interviews are done. For of those you who didn’t have the opportunity to get one, please don’t let this stop your journey. I’m sorry about this from the bottom of my heart. Know this though; DUCOM and Drexel love it when people show resilience by reapplying and showing improvement. I wish you the most luck, and if you need help in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
2. The 2nd round of acceptances are coming out at the end of this week! If they aren’t out by Friday, they’ll be in your mailbox on Monday!
3. The DPMS class is growing to become 50! We will also have 7 TAs to be apart of your journey for the rest of this year.

I‘m excited to meet you all, and as one of 2 lead TAs, I can’t wait for y’all to work though this summer and grow to become successful for this fall and Beyond!

Reactions: 9 users
Hey y’all!!

1. Interviews are done. For of those you who didn’t have the opportunity to get one, please don’t let this stop your journey. I’m sorry about this from the bottom of my heart. Know this though; DUCOM and Drexel love it when people show resilience by reapplying and showing improvement. I wish you the most luck, and if you need help in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
2. The 2nd round of acceptances are coming out at the end of this week! If they aren’t out by Friday, they’ll be in your mailbox on Monday!
3. The DPMS class is growing to become 50! We will also have 7 TAs to be apart of your journey for the rest of this year.

I‘m excited to meet you all, and as one of 2 lead TAs, I can’t wait for y’all to work though this summer and grow to become successful for this fall and Beyond!
Thank you for the update! Will they notify people if they get put on the waitlist as well?

Hey y’all!!

Thank you so much for your update

Thank you for the update! Will they notify people if they get put on the waitlist as well?

Yes, those placed in the waitlist will be notified of their placement. Hopefully everyone will receive their corresponding email of the decision that was made on their behalf.

Hey y’all!!

This is great news. Thank you so much! Do you know if the committee completed ~300 interviews in total? I greatly appreciate all that you have done for everyone in this thread!

Can those who got accepted please share stats? TY

Hey y’all!!

I'll be applying next cycle. Do you know what made them increase the class to 50? Was it funding?

Hey y’all!!

Hi! first thanks so much for all your help ! I think we all truly appreciate it! secondly, I wanted to pass on some feedback. I think if you could somehow pass this on to the admissions team it would be wonderful. For the future classes, I think it would be great if when they reject someone, they inform them about that decision sooner rather than after they have announced all the acceptances/interviews etc. This would help that individual to move on very easily. I know I have been rejected but it would have helped to inform me as soon as they made a decision instead of making me check this page in hopes of any news. I still haven't received any news about my final decision but thanks to you I know I have been rejected as there are no more interviews. Anyways, thanks again for all your help!

Good morning,
Congratulations to all of you who have received an acceptance. For those of you that have been accepted or interviewed, how many essays did yall submit? Did you guys submit an essay about your extra curriculum? I will apply again next year and I am looking for a way to improve my app. I only submitted my personal statement, resume, and my disadvantage essays. I was wondering if it would be good to submit my activity essays like aamc. Thanks in advance

Good morning,
Congratulations to all of you who have received an acceptance. For those of you that have been accepted or interviewed, how many essays did yall submit? Did you guys submit an essay about your extra curriculum? I will apply again next year and I am looking for a way to improve my app. I only submitted my personal statement, resume, and my disadvantage essays. I was wondering if it would be good to submit my activity essays like aamc. Thanks in advance

I only submitted what you submitted!!

Does anyone have access to the DPMS academic calendar? Is there a break between summer semester and fall semester?