-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
endodontic residency 2021 application
Started by endoapplicant1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I still have not received a complete email from Columbia. I submitted on the first day on May 15th. Has anyone else received a complete email?
I also received an application complete email last night. I submitted the first week of June
Sounds like they are going through the apps now for completion. Thank you!I also received an application complete email last night. I submitted the first week of June
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received an application complete email last night. I submitted the first week of June
They havent started reviewing the application yet. should wait until at least early August though...
Does anyone know if VCU has sent out acceptance offers yet?
Offers have been sent out. Heard yesterday morning that 3/4 spots filled. Most likely all by now...
I heard VCU conducted 2 sets of interviews last year. It does not seem like this year if offers have been sent out.
A friend of mine got accepted into NYU on Wednesday.Can someone confirm NYU interview dates? And if acceptances are already sent?
Since I was getting lots of private messages and because it seems off topic for this thread, I have posted my ADAT experience on the ADAT specific forum here: ADAT
Hang in there everyone.
Hi , how long did it take for your scores to come? Just curious , Gave mine recently too!! Thanks
toothfairy42
New Member
Louisville has sent acceptances
Like June 3rdWhen did you submit your application?
DrDental123
New Member
Any word on if Nova class filled yet since 2nd interviews were done on July 23?
Any news from USC?
to those who have now done the Zoom interviews, any tips on making things go smoothly?
I heard USC is waiting until the end of the year to interview because they want to do in persons. Can someone confirm if true?
aboutthattooth
New Member
Do you know if he was a dental student? Just curious if places are accepting students this year.A friend of mine got accepted into NYU on Wednesday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is no rule against dental students that programs are following. If you are a great candidate from dental school you have a shot!
Columbia sent out interviews the last week of July last year.I still have not received a complete email from Columbia. I submitted on the first day on May 15th. Has anyone else received a complete email?
Do you know if he was a dental student? Just curious if places are accepting students this year.
No, they just graduated from dental school.
Does anyone know if UAB has extended offers, or are they waiting until after August 1?
dentaldude1234
Full Member
Apparently they are being sent out this week.nothing from Penn yet everyone?
ShayBanana
New Member
Are the interviews through zoom? if so, What were your experiences? did you get to meet with PD and faculty individually or were you all together? how was it?
Hi , how long did it take for your scores to come? Just curious , Gave mine recently too!! Thanks
Exactly four weeks to the day.
Not really a good year to ask as a lot of programs waived the ADAT requirement due to testing scheduling complications and COVID19. Go to the websites and just look at the addmission requirements and you will get your answer. You can also check out ADEA PASS program search engine to get a run down of what each program wants in a nutshell. Just make sure to verify with the programs directly as sometimes they are not completely up to date.which schools dont require ADAT and accept dental students?
Most programs, as I am sure you are aware, want experience be it a few years in practice or at least a AEGD/GPR. Some programs that come to mind that do accept dental students are Iowa, Minnesota, SLU (I'm sure there are more I just don't know them). Honestly just ask whatever program if they like some experience or if they want to "mold you" from the ground up.
toothfairy42
New Member
Detroit has sent invites.
Does anyone know for the fact if UCSF positions are already filled?
They are
melissa1alva
Full Member
I applied to only 8 and have zero interviews. 🙁25 so far 1 interview and waiting for 9 schools to send interviews
endohopeful28
Full Member
Hi guys! Does anyone know the structure of the Zoom interview at the University of Minnesota? Or perhaps how many spots are remaining of their class of 4?
I applied to 40I applied to only 8 and have zero interviews. 🙁
4 years experience
Gpr
And not a single interview lol
which schools dont require ADAT and accept dental students?
Not really a good year to ask as a lot of programs waived the ADAT requirement due to testing scheduling complications and COVID19. Go to the websites and just look at the addmission requirements and you will get your answer. You can also check out ADEA PASS program search engine to get a run down of what each program wants in a nutshell. Just make sure to verify with the programs directly as sometimes they are not completely up to date.
Most programs, as I am sure you are aware, want experience be it a few years in practice or at least a AEGD/GPR. Some programs that come to mind that do accept dental students are Iowa, Minnesota, SLU (I'm sure there are more I just don't know them). Honestly just ask whatever program if they like some experience or if they want to "mold you" from the ground up.
I agree with the above. Marquette will take dental students too. +1 for looking at websites. not hard to read resident profiles (if they exist) and see that all residents have 4+ years of experience or 1-2 residents are right out of school, etc.
when in doubt- email program directors.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to 40
4 years experience
Gpr
And not a single interview lol
I’m a 2015 grad with no GPR/AEGD and this was my second year of applying and I was just accepted. There’s so many applicants that I don’t doubt a lot of them are filtered through pretty quickly.
It’s not just about stats. I went to AAE in Montreal and met current residents and faculty and kept in touch. I shadowed a few local endodontists, some of which were faculty at my local program. I took the ADAT because I wanted to stand out more. I was an alternate the first cycle at one of the programs I applied to and I kept in touch with the program director and current residents.
Showing how much you want it and constantly refreshing your name in the minds of the right people can take you a long away. At the very least, it can get you an interview.
dentaldude1234
Full Member
University of Alabama at Birmingham- Invites Sent
Loma Linda University- Invites Sent
University of California at Los Angeles-Invites Sent
University of California at San Francisco- Invites Sent
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific- Invites Sent
University of Connecticut- Spots Filled
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida- Invites sent
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago-Spots Filled
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa- invites Sent
University of Louisville-Invites Sent
Louisiana State University- Invites Sent
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites Sent
University of Michigan-Invites Sent
University of Minnesota- Invites Sent
Saint Louis University- Invites Sent
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites Sent
University of Nebraska- Invites Sent
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites Sent
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites Sent
New York University- Invites Sent
Stony Brook University-Invites Sent
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina- Invites Sent
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Spots Filled
Oregon Health & Science University-Spots Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Spots Filled
Temple University- Invites Sent
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh- Invites Sent
Medical University of South Carolina- Invites Sent
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Spots Filled
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites Sent
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio- Invites Sent
Virginia Commonwealth University- Invites Sent
University of Washington- Invites Sent
West Virginia University
Marquette University- Invites Sent
VA New York-Invites Sent
Loma Linda University- Invites Sent
University of California at Los Angeles-Invites Sent
University of California at San Francisco- Invites Sent
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific- Invites Sent
University of Connecticut- Spots Filled
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida- Invites sent
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago-Spots Filled
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa- invites Sent
University of Louisville-Invites Sent
Louisiana State University- Invites Sent
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites Sent
University of Michigan-Invites Sent
University of Minnesota- Invites Sent
Saint Louis University- Invites Sent
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites Sent
University of Nebraska- Invites Sent
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites Sent
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites Sent
New York University- Invites Sent
Stony Brook University-Invites Sent
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina- Invites Sent
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Spots Filled
Oregon Health & Science University-Spots Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Spots Filled
Temple University- Invites Sent
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh- Invites Sent
Medical University of South Carolina- Invites Sent
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Spots Filled
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites Sent
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio- Invites Sent
Virginia Commonwealth University- Invites Sent
University of Washington- Invites Sent
West Virginia University
Marquette University- Invites Sent
VA New York-Invites Sent
melissa1alva
Full Member
Wow thank you for your post. So uplifting. I didn’t take the ADAT and I will now since I didn’t even get an interview. Good luck to you next year as well!I know it's been stressful for everyone but just hang in there and keep going after it. Even a few years isn't that long in the grand scheme. This great specialty is worth it. It doesn't look like I'm getting in this year but I will study my butt off for the ADAT next year and try again until the admins are whittled down. Keep at it. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully one day I'll be able to call you my endo colleagues.
melissa1alva
Full Member
I would like to know how you studied for it, how long did you study for etc.Its not a test that you can just wing and get a good score, unless you remember a lot from the first two years of dental school and have a strong background in biostats. I am five years removed from dental school and had to study a lot.
I also took the ADAT earlier this year and scored pretty well, and am happy to share my thoughts on the experience and how I studied.
thanks
ToothNinjas
New Member
They sent offers via phone last FridayDoes anyone know if UAB has extended offers, or are they waiting until after August 1?
ShayBanana
New Member
What were some of the interview questions?
endohopeful15
Full Member
Any updates on Columbia? Have they given out interview invites yet?
Any updates on Columbia? Have they given out interview invites yet?
No invites yet. Second week of August is the interviews.
anyone accepted to UCLA?
I know someone that got an offer
When did they receive the offer?I know someone that got an offer
dentaldude1234
Full Member
University of Alabama at Birmingham- Invites Sent
Loma Linda University- Invites Sent
University of California at Los Angeles-Invites Sent
University of California at San Francisco- Invites Sent
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific- Invites Sent
University of Connecticut- Spots Filled
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida- Invites sent
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago-Spots Filled
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa- invites Sent
University of Louisville-Invites Sent
Louisiana State University- Invites Sent
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites Sent
University of Michigan-Invites Sent
University of Minnesota- Invites Sent
Saint Louis University- Invites Sent
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites Sent
University of Nebraska- Invites Sent
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites Sent
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites Sent
New York University- Invites Sent
Stony Brook University-Invites Sent
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina- Invites Sent
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Spots Filled
Oregon Health & Science University-Spots Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Spots Filled
Temple University- Invites Sent
University of Pennsylvania- Invites Sent
University of Pittsburgh- Spots Filled
Medical University of South Carolina- Invites Sent
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Spots Filled
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites Sent
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio- Invites Sent
Virginia Commonwealth University- Invites Sent
University of Washington- Invites Sent
West Virginia University
Marquette University- Invites Sent
VA New York-Invites Sent
Loma Linda University- Invites Sent
University of California at Los Angeles-Invites Sent
University of California at San Francisco- Invites Sent
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific- Invites Sent
University of Connecticut- Spots Filled
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida- Invites sent
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago-Spots Filled
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa- invites Sent
University of Louisville-Invites Sent
Louisiana State University- Invites Sent
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites Sent
University of Michigan-Invites Sent
University of Minnesota- Invites Sent
Saint Louis University- Invites Sent
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites Sent
University of Nebraska- Invites Sent
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites Sent
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites Sent
New York University- Invites Sent
Stony Brook University-Invites Sent
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina- Invites Sent
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Spots Filled
Oregon Health & Science University-Spots Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Spots Filled
Temple University- Invites Sent
University of Pennsylvania- Invites Sent
University of Pittsburgh- Spots Filled
Medical University of South Carolina- Invites Sent
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Spots Filled
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites Sent
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio- Invites Sent
Virginia Commonwealth University- Invites Sent
University of Washington- Invites Sent
West Virginia University
Marquette University- Invites Sent
VA New York-Invites Sent
Do you happen to know if they sent out all their possible dates for interviews ?UPENN sent out interviews today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UPENN sent out interviews today
Any idea if it was through email or a phone call?
Thanks!
it is virtual, many time slots next week, through email, and not sure if there will be moreDo you happen to know if they sent out all their possible dates for interviews ?
Anybody that interviewed at SLU hear anything yet?
I haven't heard anything from themAnybody that interviewed at SLU hear anything yet?
For those who interviewed at NYUCD, do you know if they filled the remaining spots?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 847
- Views
- 267K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 206
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 399K