endodontic residency 2021 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they have several interview round?
Or once sending invites, is there no more invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Upenn has not offered any spots yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite via email at Columbia for this Wednesday, Thursday or Friday via Zoom

Does anybody have a confirmed date and time for the Columbia interview this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from USC post interviews?

For those accepted, what will you be doing to prepare for endo residency? Also, for the residents on here... what would you suggest?

For those accepted, what will you be doing to prepare for endo residency? Also, for the residents on here... what would you suggest?
I'm just planning on saving up money for living expenses and enjoying a little bit of freedom before having to live the student lifestyle again. Maybe take a fun family trip right before starting.
As far as preparing mentally, maybe just reading articles and getting back into the studying mindset again. Not sure what else there is to do.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody waiting to hear from BU after interviews? Did they send out acceptances?

Have Rutgers university sent out all the interviews and acceptances?

Has NYU dental school sent more acceptance offers yet?

For those of you who interviewed at Columbia yesterday, did they say when they would give out offers?

For those of you who interviewed at Columbia yesterday, did they say when they would give out offers?
Interviews started today until Friday.
Offers will be made Friday PM

Reactions: 1 users
Did Upenn send out acceptances? Anyone heard from them?

For those who were interviewed last Monday at U at B,
How was the interview, who was the interviewing faculty, how was the meeting with the residents what topics were discussed?

They arent filled yet as there are people with open offers waiting to hear from other schools. Not sure if all have been given out

Congratulations! That's awesome! I just heard from someone who has an interview tomorrow, so it looks like they may have sent out another round of invites.
If you don't mind sharing, how long after your interview did they contact you to make an offer?

Hey endohopeful15. How did your friend's interview go at Harvard? Did they hear back yet?

University of Alabama at Birmingham- Invites Sent
Loma Linda University- Invites Sent
University of California at Los Angeles-Invites Sent
University of California at San Francisco- Invites Sent
University of Southern California- Invites Sent
University of the Pacific- Invites Sent
University of Connecticut- Spots Filled
Nova Southeastern University-Spots Filled
University of Florida- Spots Filled
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago-Spots Filled
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa- invites Sent
University of Louisville-Invites Sent
Louisiana State University- Invites Sent

University of Maryland
Boston University- Invites Sent
Harvard University- Invites Sent
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites Sent
University of Michigan-Invites Sent
University of Minnesota- Invites Sent
Saint Louis University- Invites Sent
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites Sent
University of Nebraska- Invites Sent
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites Sent
Columbia University- Invites Sent
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites Sent
New York University- Invites Sent
Stony Brook University-Invites Sent
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York- Invites Sent
University of North Carolina- Invites Sent

Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Spots Filled
Oregon Health & Science University-Spots Filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Spots Filled
Temple University- Spots Filled
University of Pennsylvania- Invites Sent
University of Pittsburgh- Spots Filled
Medical University of South Carolina- Invites Sent
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Spots Filled
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites Sent
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio- Spots Filled
Virginia Commonwealth University- Invites Sent
University of Washington- Invites Sent
West Virginia University- Invites Sent
Marquette University- Invites Sent
VA New York-Invites Sent

Would you please tell us when they offered you , have they filled out their spots ?
They are done interviewing and the offers have been made. Penn gives applicants one week to decide. It’s one of the best endo programs I doubt anyone would turn them down.

Last edited:
They are done interviewing and the offers have been made. Penn gives applicants one week to decide. It’s one of the best endo programs I doubt anyone would turn them down. I heard back last Friday.

Penn has great faculty and facilities but usually doesnt have enough patients due to Pennsylvania's poor medicaid coverage... you need to take patient availability into consideration

Reactions: 1 users
It’s one of the best endo programs I doubt anyone would turn them down.
The best programs have diverse/ numerous faculty, history of publications, new clinics, top technology, low tuition, and successful board pass rates. Besides the tuition, Penn has this. But so do a couple dozen other programs. Penn’s main flex is historical authors and Dr. Kim. He offers some of the best microsurgery training in the country.

The best programs have diverse/ numerous faculty, history of publications, new clinics, top technology, low tuition, and successful board pass rates. Besides the tuition, Penn has this. But so do a couple dozen other programs. Penn’s main flex is historical authors and Dr. Kim. He offers some of the best microsurgery training in the country.
Thanks for the info. At the end of the day, what you put in is what you get out.

haha, after passing the written part of the endo board, my take home is our board exam is ridiculously stupid. who in their right mind would read and memorize endo paper abstracts for fun/ for living. Most of the questions on that exam were like: in 2007, John Doe DDS, PhD did reasearch on X, Y, Z. what did he find? Not to mention, after you read enough papers, everything starts to contradict each other:eek::mad:
As someone who had to go to medical school for the first two years during my dental training, Im quite ashamed of our NBDE as well as our boards, rote memorization at its worst. no wonder some of the medical colleagues did look down on us???

Reactions: 9 users
haha, after passing the written part of the endo board, my take home is our board exam is ridiculously stupid. who in their right mind would read and memorize endo paper abstracts for fun/ for living. Most of the questions on that exam were like: in 2007, John Doe DDS, PhD did reasearch on X, Y, Z. what did he find? Not to mention, after you read enough papers, everything starts to contradict each other:eek::mad:
As someone who had to go to medical school for the first two years during my dental training, Im quite ashamed of our NBDE as well as our boards, rote memorization at its worst. no wonder some of the medical colleagues did look down on us???
Im not a resident but can't agree more with you. The way we assess excellence is ridiculous!

Question for people who did not get accepted in past years and then applied to GPR's/AEGD's. Did the GPR's ask you if you applied to endo programs (and not get accepted) prior to applying to GPR's? How did you deal with these questions? Did programs react negatively or did it not really affect your chances? Appreciate any feedback!

How is UW as a program?
I think it is an okay program. Very focused on training residents to successfully get board certification, a little week in terms of clinical skills development. From what I've heard, graduates complete about 100-120 clinical cases and 10 surgeries and it's a 26 month program.