Georgetown vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

username228

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently accepted at both Georgetown and Einstein. Unfortunately I am unable to make either of my Second Looks, so I really missed out on the chance to get to see both schools in depth. Since I am currently on a military scholarship, financial aid is not a deciding factor, but I want to know what the best overall choice would be. I have a few questions below for current students or students who know a lot about the school, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. How often do students have exams and on what day of the week are they usually on?
2. What are the housing options and what are the amenities like? I know Georgetown does not have housing, so what are the off campus options like?
3. How much time do schools give for board prep?
4. I heard Georgetown is working towards pass/fail but for this upcoming year, but will it TRULY be pass fail? I heard it won't start until a later year
5. How soon do you get to go to the hospital and see patients as a medical student?
6. What services or special programs does the school have for veterans, if any?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I was at gtowns second look and these are the short versions
1) for the first year tests are every 2-3 weeks and I'm not sure if they are set days but you can look at this current years M1 calendar on gtowns website and it should give you an indication
2) housing is usually townhouses at gtown usually 1-8 people per house
3) they said but I can't remember
4) they said deff P/F in the fall but with internal ranking for residency etc
5) hospital rotations I believe are in third year but volunteering at the Hoya clinic starting in your first year gives you patient exposure and the students (you) are in charge
6) that I don't know

Hi everyone,

I am currently accepted at both Georgetown and Einstein. Unfortunately I am unable to make either of my Second Looks, so I really missed out on the chance to get to see both schools in depth. Since I am currently on a military scholarship, financial aid is not a deciding factor, but I want to know what the best overall choice would be. I have a few questions below for current students or students who know a lot about the school, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. How often do students have exams and on what day of the week are they usually on?
2. What are the housing options and what are the amenities like? I know Georgetown does not have housing, so what are the off campus options like?
3. How much time do schools give for board prep?
4. I heard Georgetown is working towards pass/fail but for this upcoming year, but will it TRULY be pass fail? I heard it won't start until a later year
5. How soon do you get to go to the hospital and see patients as a medical student?
6. What services or special programs does the school have for veterans, if any?

Congratulations on having two amazing options!

I'm a current MS-1 at Einstein.

1. Exams usually come in pairs every 3-4 weeks right after a weekend. We always get 1 study day without classes before each test, so we get the Friday off before Monday tests and the Monday off before Tuesday tests. This means that we also get a day off in between paired exams.
2. Housing is on-campus and super cheap. I have family in Georgetown and a bunch of friends in Arlington. The housing at Einstein is 1/3-1/4 of what you'll pay at to live in either of those areas. The apartments here aren't fancy, but they're big and all of the utilities are included.
3. Second-year students get 5 weeks off to study for Step1, but most take the test after a month and use the final week to relax.
4. Einstein is p/f and unranked for the pre-clinical years.
5. We started going into hospitals and clinics in October of our first year. Every student went once or twice a week for about 5 months to interview patients and practice the physical exam. I think we have a similar schedule for our second year. You can also volunteer in the free clinic (ECHO) where you can see patients and maybe even make a diagnosis. Like HOYA, the students are in-charge, which is a huge plus for both programs.
6. I don't know about this either, but if you email admissions, I'm sure they'll put you in contact with current students and almuni who did army, navy, or (gasp) airforce scholarship programs.

Reactions: 1 users