"Help Me Rank" IM 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling with ranking. My list makes clear my location preference of NY, but liked MGH and so interviewed there too. Here's the "gut" list.

1. Cornell
2. Mt. Sinai-main campus
3. MGH
4. Downstate
5. Columbia
6. Montefiore

7. Mt. Sinai BI
OK...that's just insane. Downstate should be 6 or 7 if it's on your list at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
IMG interested in GI. Appreciate any help. Especially unsure of 3-6.

1. NYU Winthrop
2. New York Presbyterian Queens
3. New York Presbyterian Methodist
4. Norwalk Hospital
5. Bridgeport Hospital
6. UPMC (Mercy)
7. Danbury Hospital

Winthrop is far better than the rest
NYPQ- no preference to inhouse, they havent taken anyone in house in years for cardiology/GI and you would need to do a chief year to be even considered
NYP-methodis- similar to above but at least the chiefs have a chance

Reactions: 1 user
Struggling with ranking. My list makes clear my location preference of NY, but liked MGH and so interviewed there too. Here's the "gut" list.

1. Cornell
2. Mt. Sinai-main campus
3. MGH
4. Downstate
5. Columbia
6. Montefiore
7. Mt. Sinai BI

that’s insane that downstate is 4 on that list...

I also think that with your possibilities mt Sinai BI sticks out like a sore thumb-did you not apply to better nyc community programs ie lenox hill, Jacobi,SLR (Sinai west)??

Members don't see this ad :)
US MD from east coast, some family in the west and tempted to move west
Can someone help me out? Will training differ much between these programs or will I be well prepared for either hospitalist or fellowship from all of the programs? Looking to go into academics

Top 4 (sorta tied so the order is not exact)
1. Mayo AZ - perfect outdoor activity scene, year-round perfect weather, really clicked with residents, research support and funding is great
2. Colorado - perfect schedule, great outdoors and great people, strong fellowship match, seemed like phenomenal training
3. Utah - seemed rigorous, outdoor activities within walking distance, great people
4. Wake Forest - ocean, mountains, solid training, COL is the best, great fellowship match

The rest:
MUSC
U of Kentucky
Virginia Commonwealth
U of Louisville

I trained at Colorado and it's by far the best program on your list.

case western metrohealth vs. university of new mexico. visa preference h1b, fellowship in future- want to do GI

1. Cornell
2. Mt. Sinai-main campus
3. MGH
4. Downstate
5. Columbia
6. Montefiore
7. Mt. Sinai BI
Why downstate so high? Esp above Columbia?

Help me rank these SoCal Programs. I am kind of interested in cards but also hospital medicine or primary care. Here's what I am thinking so far:

1) Cedars
2) USC
3) Scripps Green
4) UCI
5) UCLA Harbor
6) Scripps Mercy

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Help me rank these SoCal Programs. I am kind of interested in cards but also hospital medicine or primary care. Here's what I am thinking so far:

1) Cedars
2) USC
3) Scripps Green
4) UCI
5) UCLA Harbor
6) Scripps Mercy

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sure.

You could throw darts at the top 3-4 on your list and be fine as well. The USC cards scandal notwithstanding.

Guys, I liked downstate from my interview experience there, but a lot of you are saying to rank it lower. How come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think that with your possibilities mt Sinai BI sticks out like a sore thumb-did you not apply to better nyc community programs ie lenox hill, Jacobi,SLR (Sinai west)??
Downstate went higher on my list because I really liked it at the interview and they serve a
Why downstate so high? Esp above Columbia?
Just liked it at Downstate. The residents at Columbia seemed unhappy.

I am definitely considering not ranking Mt. Sinai BI at all.

US MD with fairly great scores but a red flag on my application.

I need help with the middle of my rank list. I'm not interested in any specialty in particular but maybe Hem/Onc vs. Primary care. I would prefer to have fellowship options in general.

Southwest Indiana University (Rural):
+ Very impressive program director. Location near Evansville is surprisingly nice. Program personnel seems very happy to have more residents and people seem very nice. Salary is fantastic, bolstered by a 10k/year stipdend for housing which means I'll be able to own a home.
- New Program accepting its first class so hard to know where it will go in terms of fellowships. The PD is a veteran and has 10 year accreditation so I'm not concerned.

Iowa Mercy:
+ Really got good vibes from residents. PD seems very kind. Fellowship match seems good. Work load seemed reasonable. Residents seems collegial. Lots of procedural opportunities. Great town (Des Moines), 5k housing bonus so home ownership is a possibility.
-None particularly.

Missouri-Columbia:
+ Strong program in terms of fellowship placement. Strong VA for rotations. PD seems very on top of her game.
- Don't love the location. Residents seemed somewhat tired.

Hackensack University Medical Center
+ Great hospital that I've rotated at, very strong Hem-Onc program, PD seems pretty passionate about education
- New IM Program that hasn't graduated a class yet. Expensive living area, lots of IMG's (not inherently a bad thing)

Einstein:
+ Decently strong fellowship match, residents seem happy, education seems important.
- Community program. Fair amount of IMG's, located in North Philly

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @gutonc , @rokshana , could you help me with the ranking? I’m a non-US IMG interested in cards. Any feedback would be great.

1. Cook County
2. Cleveland Clinic Foundation/Fairview Campus
3. Sinai Bronx
4. Sinai Balitmore
5. Montefiore Wakefield
6. Mercy Chicago
7. Lincoln Medical Center NY

I need help with the middle of my rank list. I'm not interested in any specialty in particular but maybe Hem/Onc vs. Primary care. I would prefer to have fellowship options in general.

+ Very impressive program director. Location near Evansville is surprisingly nice. Program personnel seems very happy to have more residents and people seem very nice. Salary is fantastic, bolstered by a 10k/year stipdend for housing which means I'll be able to own a home.
- New Program accepting its first class so hard to know where it will go in terms of fellowships. The PD is a veteran and has 10 year accreditation so I'm not concerned.

Iowa Mercy:
+ Really got good vibes from residents. PD seems very kind. Fellowship match seems good. Work load seemed reasonable. Residents seems collegial. Lots of procedural opportunities. Great town (Des Moines), 5k housing bonus so home ownership is a possibility.
-None particularly.

Missouri-Columbia:
+ Strong program in terms of fellowship placement. Strong VA for rotations. PD seems very on top of her game.

+ Great hospital that I've rotated at, very strong Hem-Onc program, PD seems pretty passionate about education
- New IM Program that hasn't graduated a class yet. Expensive living area, lots of IMG's (not inherently a bad thing)

Einstein:
+ Decently strong fellowship match, residents seem happy, education seems important.

With einstein?
only know of missouri on your list. I would say that from what I heard, the residents are not overworked. after you finish intern year the schedule is quite relaxed actually. only busy if you sign up for things (research, etc). Location actually seemed fun.

In no particular order. DO interested in hospitalist, possibly nephro. I know this isn't the usually mid tier list, but it's the best I could manage.

UT Knoxville
OU Tulsa
UCSF Fresno
UT Chattanooga
St Joseph in Denver
Virginia Mason
Summa/Neomed

Iowa Mercy:
-None particularly.

Missouri-Columbia:

Einstein:
Is the red flag a recent murder conviction?

Hi guys, non us img interested in endocrinology. H1B preferred to J1. Please give it a look.
1. Cook county hospital
2. Abington memorial hospital
3. Staten island University hospital
4. presence St Francis
5.upmc pinnacle
6. Guthrie Robert packer hospital
7. Piedmont Athens regional
8. UPMC McKeesport
9. St. Agnes hospital Baltimore
10. Marshfield clinic.
11. Memorial Healthcare Florida
12. Monmouth medical center
13. Cayuga /Cornell specialty track
14. Hurley medical center
15. Cayuga medical center

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using SDN mobile

Hi guys, non us img interested in endocrinology. H1B preferred to J1. Please give it a look.
1. Cook county hospital
4. presence St Francis
5.upmc pinnacle
8. UPMC McKeesport
10. Marshfield clinic.

Do any of them have an endocrine fellowship? Would rank then higher since it will give you a chance to meet people and get a chance to do some research or at least present posters at a meeting.

1. Cook county hospital
4. presence St Francis
5.upmc pinnacle
8. UPMC McKeesport
10. Marshfield clinic.

Overall I would say good. My one critique would be to move Piedmont farther down the list in my opinion. My my brother did his Sub-I there recently (from the area) and said the residents were constantly overworked past hours and quit miserable behind closed doors. Also, very little faculty leadership even though they are quite friendly.

Good afternoon, DO applicant potentially interested in fellowship (GI). Very torn over my top 3-5. I loved Greenville but geographically it’s further than what I’m really comfortable with .. but I’m willing to go there if it’s going to give me the best opportunity (I’m a homebody).
1. Louisville
2. USC-Greenville
3. UT-Nashville
4. Christ Hospital in Cincinnati
5. St Vincent of Indianapolis
6. University of Kentucky- Bowling green
7. University of South Carolina
8.University of Tennessee Chattanooga
9.Marshall
10.IU Evansville
11. Adena Health

Thanks so much.

1-Marshall University.
2-Rochester General Hospital.

Which program should I rank first and why (Internal medicine)? Thanks a lot. (Your input is much appreciated)

Help me rank please:
1.St John, MI
2.Abington
3.Vidant
4.St Joseph Ann arbor
5.South dakota
6.St Joseph chicago
7.Staten Island

Good afternoon, DO applicant potentially interested in fellowship (GI). Very torn over my top 3-5. I loved Greenville but geographically it’s further than what I’m really comfortable with .. but I’m willing to go there if it’s going to give me the best opportunity (I’m a homebody).
1. Louisville
2. USC-Greenville
3. UT-Nashville
4. Christ Hospital in Cincinnati
5. St Vincent of Indianapolis
6. University of Kentucky- Bowling green
7. University of South Carolina
8.University of Tennessee Chattanooga
9.Marshall
10.IU Evansville
11. Adena Health

Thanks so much.
Stats?

How does that make any difference at this point?
It doesn’t, but as a DO those are some pretty great places. If they were willing to share it would be interesting to see, but it doesn’t make a difference.

Help, guys! Really confused about my ROL.. Not sure what to prioritize. Help would be very much appreciated. I am interested in hemonc and would like to do some research during residency.
My options are (not in any particular order):
UPMC (main)
Boston University
CCF (main)
Cook County
U Miami/Jackson Memorial
Albert Einstein (Philly)
UConn
Indiana University
Mount Sinai St Luke's
Mount Auburn
Norwalk
Bridgeport
Metrowest

Thanks!!

This is a ROL of a strong IMG
I interviewed at most of these places back in the day...

For getting x hem-onc

1) Pitt (IST)
2-4) CCF vs Indiana vs BU (CCF match list looks stronger , but there are many confounders , i personally rank IU higher as it's a traditional university program)..BU get's a lot of respect due to the fact that it is in Boston. But they have a weak hem onc division..Having said that the IM program is higher pedigree than CCF and IU and they have an exceptional match.
5) Jackson
6-7) SLR v/s UCONN vs einstein philly...Similar pedigree.. I ranked SLR>UCONN... SLR has access to sinai and sloan kettering... they have remarkable match lists in all competitive specialties (match list appears stronger than clout/pedigree of the program) ...all these places are very resident driven insofar as fellowship match is concerned... ie they match by hard work of residents and less so because of pedigree/clout of the program...these 3 programs tend to be very political ...
8)Cook county -- similar to above... match rates confounded by strong residents and appears stronger than the clout of the program...very busy and scut heavy...
others rank on the basis of location... I'd rank auburn and bridgeport abve the rest due to harvard/yale affiliation...

Last edited:
Hey all! What are everyone's thoughts on ranking the following?
- Washington University at St. Louis
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- UCLA
- University of Michigan

A little about me - I am undecided in specialty. I would like to maximize my quality of life without compromising my training and I would like to avoid cold weather (aka Michigan weather but I am unsure if I should bite the bullet or not on this regard). I believe all are strong programs, but they felt so different on many levels that it is hard for me to compare. Would love to hear some perspective from others who may have faced a similar decision or have some useful information about either program!

Last edited:
- UCLA
- University of Michigan

A little about me - I would like to maximize my quality of life without compromising my training and I would like to avoid cold weather (aka Michigan weather but I am unsure if I should bite the bullet or not on this regard). I believe all are strong programs, but they felt so different on many levels that it is hard for me to compare. Would love to hear some perspective from others who may have faced a similar decision or have some useful information about either program!

all these are very strong programs and unless u have a specific mentor in mind u ll be find will all 4 of them...

- UCLA
- University of Michigan

A little about me - I am undecided in specialty. I would like to maximize my quality of life without compromising my training and I would like to avoid cold weather (aka Michigan weather but I am unsure if I should bite the bullet or not on this regard). I believe all are strong programs, but they felt so different on many levels that it is hard for me to compare. Would love to hear some perspective from others who may have faced a similar decision or have some useful information about either program!

Can you rank them in the order that you plan to rank them and tell us why? They're all great programs, but hearing your reasoning would help us guide you.

- UCLA
- University of Michigan

As echoed above, you really can't go wrong with any of these places.... Having interviewed at those places with exception of ULCA, I would personally rank them UMich (loved the program despite the blizzard that greeted me when I landed at the Detroit airport LOL) > WashU > UNC > UCLA

Last edited:
DO, interested in pursuing fellowship in cards. They all seemed average with 100% fellowship match rate (as per PDs/APDs). Looking for a good work-life balance + good reputation + closer to Philadelphia area

1 Northwell Staten Island
2 Christiana Care
3 Einstein
4 Reading Tower Health
5 Carilion Virginia Tech
6 Texas Tech El Paso
7 Metrohealth
8 Rochester General
9 Summa Health NEOMED
10 Allegheny General Hospital

DO, interested in pursuing fellowship in cards. They all seemed average with 100% fellowship match rate (as per PDs/APDs). Looking for a good work-life balance + good reputation + closer to Philadelphia area

1 Northwell Staten Island
2 Christiana Care
3 Einstein
4 Reading Tower Health
5 Carilion Virginia Tech
6 Texas Tech El Paso
7 Metrohealth
8 Rochester General
9 Summa Health NEOMED
10 Allegheny General Hospital

1) Einstein Philly
2) AGH
3) v. tech
4)case metrohealth

the rest rank inhouse cardio > the ones that don't...

Reactions: 1 users
Can you rank them in the order that you plan to rank them and tell us why? They're all great programs, but hearing your reasoning would help us guide you.
My order right now goes something like this:
1. UCLA vs WashU
2. Whichever isn't #1
3. UNC
4. UMich

I was very impressed with WashU and UCLA interviews. I like that UCLA is a huge transplant center that would make me comfortable with complicated patients, though of course WashU is no stranger to complicated patients either. An obvious advantage of UCLA vs WashU is location, but along with that, an obvious disadvantage is cost of living. I worry that, even with the generous housing stipend that UCLA offers, I will still struggle more than I would like to as I rush to pay off student loans. WashU has a remarkably lost cost of living, but I wonder how much I will enjoy St. Louis and frequently hear bad things about the area. UNC impressed me quite a bit as well and there was nothing wrong with it, but I find myself more attracted to UCLA and WashU. UMichigan is a phenomonal institution in a state I'd rather try to avoid. Ultimately it becomes a balance of location and cost. Training quality appears to be relatively similar between the programs.

1. UCLA vs WashU
2. Whichever isn't #1
3. UNC
4. UMich

I was very impressed with WashU and UCLA interviews. I like that UCLA is a huge transplant center that would make me comfortable with complicated patients, though of course WashU is no stranger to complicated patients either. An obvious advantage of UCLA vs WashU is location, but along with that, an obvious disadvantage is cost of living. I worry that, even with the generous housing stipend that UCLA offers, I will still struggle more than I would like to as I rush to pay off student loans. WashU has a remarkably lost cost of living, but I wonder how much I will enjoy St. Louis and frequently hear bad things about the area. UNC impressed me quite a bit as well and there was nothing wrong with it, but I find myself more attracted to UCLA and WashU. UMichigan is a phenomonal institution in a state I'd rather try to avoid. Ultimately it becomes a balance of location and cost. Training quality appears to be relatively similar between the programs.

You won't have to worry about not seeing enough complicated patients in any of them...train-wrecks is what you ll see at a baseline with a healthy dose of space-craft wrecks...All 4 places are huge transplant centers and if GI is what you wanna go into you are all set with any of these...rank on the basis of where u wanna live...

1. UCLA vs WashU
2. Whichever isn't #1
3. UNC
4. UMich

It sounds like you already have an order in mind, and that's good. If University of Michigan appeals to you less than the other places you've ranked because of weather, let that be a good reason to rank it lower. Your happiness matters, and all of the programs you've ranked are awesome, so you can let other factors help you make the decision. Your rank order looks just fine.

US MD with following priorities:

1) Interested in heme/onc, more so hematology
2) Strong mentorship, emphasis on education, and resident wellness
3) Location (eventually want to settle down in the PNW)

I am confused on how to rank the following but this is what my gut is saying currently:

1. Mayo (Rochester)
2. UTSW
3. UAB
4. Virginia Mason
5. UCSD
6. UWisconsin
7. UCDavis
8. UMinnesota
9. URoch
10. Indiana
11. Dartmouth
12. UVermont
13. Mt Sinai (I didn’t like NYC ...)
14. MCW
15. Utah

US MD with following priorities:

1) Interested in heme/onc, more so hematology
2) Strong mentorship, emphasis on education, and resident wellness
3) Location (eventually want to settle down in the PNW)

I am confused on how to rank the following but this is what my gut is saying currently:

1. Mayo (Rochester)
2. UTSW
3. UAB
4. Virginia Mason
5. UCSD
6. UWisconsin
7. UCDavis
8. UMinnesota
9. URoch
10. Indiana
11. Dartmouth
12. UVermont
13. Mt Sinai (I didn’t like NYC ...)
14. MCW
15. Utah

I'll group x pedigree for hem onc...

1) The only places of these that match x MSK/Farber/MDACC are Sinai,UTSW , UAB , Mayo... Sinai has it's issues and idiosyncrasies...But has undeniably the best placement record from all the programs in your list (maybe except for southwestern) ... I'd rank UTSW>Sinai>mayo vs UAB vs UCSD...U have to hate NYC enough to place it as low as u did...
2) ucsd VS wisconsin (occasional big3 placement)
3)Minn vs utah vs Indiana +/- dartmouth
others the same

Virginia mason is a great hospital and u can do stuff in u.wash...They have had some placement success as well.. It's not a traditional "academic program"...That is not by any means a reference to the training that u get there or acuity of patients...I am sure that's second to none...But in fellowship placement ,perceptions matter too much.. and some PDs might have a very myopic view of this front..

Would someone be able to offer input on my list and maybe help with grouping tiers/pedigrees? I would like to pursue GI fellowship eventually; possibly ID as a second choice. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. USC
2. UWisconsin
3. Utah
4. Iowa
5. Rush
6. Indiana
7. UC Irvine
8. Tulane
9. Loyola
10. MCW
11. SLU
12. SCVMC

Kind of a random list all over the map. I'm really struggling with where to put UC Irvine; it's in my home state, I liked the people, and the location is comfortable for me. But it didn't impress me as much academically and their GI match doesn't stand out as much. Also struggling with Iowa/Rush/Indiana and where to rank them among each other. Thanks for any help.

@gutonc any thoughts? thanks.

Last edited:
Just looking for good training and want to come out as a confident knowledgeable physician. No location preference but will be happy if I end up in a sexy city.

1) Cook County
2) University of Nevada, Las Vegas
3) Maricopa Medical Center
4) NYP-Queens
5) University of Nevada Reno

Can anyone provide insights about maricopa medical center? I have interviewed there and I did like it but I have been hearing negative reviews. Can anyone compare Las Vegas with the other programs. Feel free to take it apart. Thank you.

Hey guys! Non-US IMG here, interested in cardiology, this is my tentative list, please help me rank these programs:
  1. UConn
  2. Danbury, connecticut
  3. St peters, new jersey
  4. Brooklyn Hospital Center
  5. Wright Center, scranton, Pennsylvania--primary track but in-house cardiology (2) and 1 gastro, a bit confused here since it is a primary track program and maybe fellowship will be limited to inhouse (please advice if this should be above marshfield)
  6. Marshfield clinic WI-- really liked the program and faculty, great infrastructure but no inhouse fellowships, one or two do match into cards, remote location and cold weather, anyone knows if any they have good research, i forgot to ask during interviews, should this be above Wright?
  7. MetroWest medical center, MA--small hospital, no inhouse fellowship
  8. Loyola MacNeal, chicago
  9. Crozer-chester
  10. Saint Agnes fresno
Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate anyone's input

Would someone be able to offer input on my list and maybe help with grouping tiers/pedigrees? I would like to pursue GI fellowship eventually; possibly ID as a second choice. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. USC
2. UWisconsin
3. Utah
4. Iowa
5. Rush
6. Indiana
7. UC Irvine
8. Tulane
9. Loyola
10. MCW
11. SLU
12. SCVMC

Kind of a random list all over the map. I'm really struggling with where to put UC Irvine; it's in my home state, I liked the people, and the location is comfortable for me. But it didn't impress me as much academically and their GI match doesn't stand out as much. Also struggling with Iowa/Rush/Indiana and where to rank them among each other. Thanks for any help.

For GI-

1)Wisconsin ,USC
2) Iowa ,Indiana (GI program is very very strong ..the strongest in this list...IM match list is less impressive but if u end up there u have chance to work with people like doug rex,someone did end up in ucla a while back after a couple of projects with his group) , Utah (Strong GI program)
Not much difference between tier 1 and 2.. This year USC had 13 gi applicants and most were placed....
3) UCI MCW (strong but somewhat underated GI program) Rush Loyola

Rush for some reason has unmatched GI applicants the last several years ,including a chief who later did a Non-ACGME liver year in loyola...not sure what's going on...however GI is so competitive that it could be by chance...

Rest on the basis of location

Regardless of where u end up you'll need to connect with mentors early on and have some research on board... Competiveness is approaching derm/rad-onc levels...

For GI-

1)Wisconsin ,USC
2) Iowa ,Indiana (GI program is very very strong ..the strongest in this list...IM match list is less impressive but if u end up there u have chance to work with people like doug rex,someone did end up in ucla a while back after a couple of projects with his group) , Utah (Strong GI program)
Not much difference between tier 1 and 2.. This year USC had 13 gi applicants and most were placed....
3) UCI MCW (strong but somewhat underated GI program) Rush Loyola

Rush for some reason has unmatched GI applicants the last several years ,including a chief who later did a Non-ACGME liver year in loyola...not sure what's going on...however GI is so competitive that it could be by chance...

Rest on the basis of location

Regardless of where u end up you'll need to connect with mentors early on and have some research on board... Competiveness is approaching derm/rad-onc levels...

Thanks so much for your help. Impressed by your knowledge on this.

I actually really liked Indiana and during the dinner a resident who wants to go into GI told me that they have some leaders in the field including a handful of GI docs who have published some of the leading guidelines for the GI field. I'm just a bit concerned that Indiana doesn't really take its own residents for GI and strongly prefers a chief year for them to match in-house. I have pretty solid research (will have ~5 publications from my med school projects including a few as first author) so I'm hoping if I match there it'd be sufficient for matching somewhere else for fellowship eventually.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have a general question: Would going to OHSU/Colorado over programs like Penn/Columbia/Duke/Vanderbilt close any doors? I would eventually like to do my fellowship (GI vs ID vs Rheumatology vs Allergy/immunology) in Northern California and unfortunately UCSF/Stanford are the only two academic centers in the area... :( Also have some interests in global/public health.

Hello Guys, I am non US img and I am planning to go in cardiology.
how would you change my rank? any advice?
Hello Guys, if you have time, can you advise with my ranking?

1) Jacobi medical center
2)albert einstein Philly
3)Rutgers NJMS
4) MSU east lansing
5) Baltimore medstar
6) St.francis evanston
7) St. joseph chicago
8) Coney island
Thank you in advance

Hi everyone! I have a general question: Would going to OHSU/Colorado over programs like Penn/Columbia/Duke/Vanderbilt close any doors? I would eventually like to do my fellowship (GI vs ID vs Rheumatology vs Allergy/immunology) in Northern California and unfortunately UCSF/Stanford are the only two academic centers in the area... :( Also have some interests in global/public health.

stay with penn/duke etc...

Hello Guys, I am non US img and I am planning to go in cardiology.
how would you change my rank? any advice?
Hello Guys, if you have time, can you advise with my ranking?

1) Jacobi medical center
2)albert einstein Philly
3)Rutgers NJMS
4) MSU east lansing
5) Baltimore medstar
6) St.francis evanston
7) St. joseph chicago
8) Coney island
Thank you in advance

only suggestion...NJMS>AEHN unless u want h1..else lock it...

I actually really liked Indiana and during the dinner a resident who wants to go into GI told me that they have some leaders in the field including a handful of GI docs who have published some of the leading guidelines for the GI field.

That's an understatement of the match season... Doug rex is arguably the reason why GI is so competitive...he is the one who first proved that screening colonoscopy was safe and effective...back in 80s people only got colons if FOBT was + .. the field had massive developments after he did what he did...and the rest is history...

No, those are both strong schools ...sometimes there is an east coast bias, but those programs have solid reputations.

Though Columbia has a strong global health program.

Status
Not open for further replies.