HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Caia I haven't abandoned the game at any point. I've been following everyone's posts actively, but most of the time when I could post, it was something that multiple people had already mentioned in the thread so I didn't think it would be necessary for me to restate :( I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way in my way of playing..

Ok, if you have been at least keeping up that's good. I just call out what looks to be abandonment because we've had problems in the past, which has lead to mod-enforced rules regarding participation, which we've moved away from mostly, so now it's up to peer pressure.

Some people are more quiet and that's ok.

Rules 1-10 of WW: Don't apologize. The right response to @Caia was "Oh yeah? Well your brain has been absent all game."

Or maybe a yer momma joke, but that's kinda like going nuclear over a minor offense. Either way, she can handle it. :)

Your tagging is so inadequate that I didn't even get a notification. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I don't post you guys are upset, when I do post you guys are still upset. Tough crowd... -_-;;;;;

Reactions: 1 users
Today's lynch has been cancelled courtesy of Barney Stinson, who reminds you to continue being awesome!

Night has started. Night deadline is set for 9:30 am!

Unfortunately, the time has come where, kids, I was murdered.

It started with a fun and interesting night where I had decided to party it up with Arthur Hobbs, and Zoey decided to protest outside of the house of Robin's house. The night was all going wonderfully up until the girl had snuck into my house. I was so intent on distracting Arthur all night that I didn't see the girl sneak up right behind me, nor did I see her stab me repeatedly over and over and over in the back. Arthur? He just laughed at the irony of the situation.

Officially, I, Ted Mosby (BI), "alpha villager", was dead, who would progress through the relationships (role name + pm ability) in the order they appeared in the show, would be able to alliance seer on nights he didn't enter a new relationship, and gained the ability to block an additional person each night once Barney opened up puzzles. Once he met the mother, his role changed to allow him to ability seer instead of alliance seer each night. While Marshall was alive and not inactivated (inactivated is different then blocked), Ted could not die.

It is day 16, day deadline is set for 10 pm or when all 6 people vote, whichever comes first (so vote wisely!)

Maclarens:
SHUT DOWN!
The Original Apartment/Puzzles:

8. honeytokki
9. Gwenevre
18. Cyndia
6. Ashgirl
26. Caia - Artillery Arthur Hobbs
34. StartingOverVet
Robin's Apartment:
Sold to move in with Kevin. Leased out prior to Kevin’s death.
Barney's apartment:
Sold to move in with Robin
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
Infested by bees which are unable to be warded off with no beekeeper present. Residents evacuate to nearest location (Ted's house on Long Island)
Ted's House on Long Island:
Foreclosed following Ted's death
The Lusty Leopard

lack of strippers resulted in the closing down of the lusty leopard!
Dead:
5. fancymylotus - Daphne
13. Tuckervet - Clint
22. ZVH - Patrice
24. Snow White96 - Don Frank
29. Chillbo Baggins - Carl Maclaren
20. ksmi117 – Victoria
7. Rogert – Lily Aldrin
11. NilocDent – Wendy
25. hedgiehog – Mickey Aldrin
28. Foxhunter – Quinn Garvey
27. Hammer2s – Linus
19. allieh8607 – Loretta

21. DocEspana - Doug
16. Jilary – Kevin
17. orca2011 - Brad
10. swingnsave - Marvin Erickson

30. devyn - The Blitz
2. Wildzoo - Ranjit
4. WillowLeaf - Judy Erickson
15. swiniazycie = The Captain

32. LetItSnow - Nora
12. ResoluteMike - James Stinson
31. DVMDream - Stella
1. Mad Jack - Tracy McConnell (The mother)
14. Zensing - Sandy Rivers

33. dyachei - Tony Graffanello
23. HowIMetYourPet - Marshall

3. brightimpressio - Ted

Well that makes it easy. ****Lynch Gwen****

I think this is an interesting choice of those available. Care to explain why?
I was told by BI a few nights ago that if we lynched Gwen when Ted was with the mother, it would have gone through and we would have killed her. Based on the write-up, I assume that Ted was the reason why we couldn't lynch Gwen this time around. Since Bi is gone, it seems like a good time to try lynching her again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by BI a few nights ago that if we lynched Gwen when Ted was with the mother, it would have gone through and we would have killed her. Based on the write-up, I assume that Ted was the reason why we couldn't lynch Gwen this time around. Since Bi is gone, it seems like a good time to try lynching her again.

I think that is fair, I'm just curious why everyone has been sitting on SOV so long?

chandler-bored-gif.gif

I think that is fair, I'm just curious why everyone has been sitting on SOV so long?
I believe SOV was seered the same day as Gwen, and then the day after we found Dy. The day after that (yesterday) was when I revealed him. So really, no one has been hiding it, we've just been focusing on the true wolves.

maybe because I am not a wolf. :rolleyes:

I am torn between cyndia and gwen and ashg.
Cyndia seems like chaos to me, and I need to get rid of chaos.
If you guys are right, gwen is alpha. But is it really time to lynch her?
Ashg is still a mystery to me, I am not sure what her affiliation really is. I would lynch her, but we have wasted 3 lynches on her already so...

Alpha wolf which may fail or chaos?

I will wait a while. I am going to dinner and will check back later.

It's like no one knows how to read. Or just doesn't bother with the write-ups ever.

Anyway, ***lynch Cyndia***

I'll be away until past the deadline.

I believe SOV was seered the same day as Gwen, and then the day after we found Dy. The day after that (yesterday) was when I revealed him. So really, no one has been hiding it, we've just been focusing on the true wolves.

The point was, you didn't make it known and therefore no actions were taken at night as a result. There have been plenty of stabbings in between now and then.

maybe because I am not a wolf. :rolleyes:

I am torn between cyndia and gwen and ashg.
Cyndia seems like chaos to me, and I need to get rid of chaos.
If you guys are right, gwen is alpha. But is it really time to lynch her?
Ashg is still a mystery to me, I am not sure what her affiliation really is. I would lynch her, but we have wasted 3 lynches on her already so...

Alpha wolf which may fail or chaos?

I will wait a while. I am going to dinner and will check back later.
Wait, you mean you didn't read my totally short role reveal and saw that I was neutral? :p

I'll let you in on a little secret. This game is already won for me. I've completed my conditions, and so I'm just riding it out until the end. However, I would like to win with the villagers if possible, which is why I think we should lynch Gwen, since the only thing keeping us back was Ted, and he's dead.

Wait, you mean you didn't read my totally short role reveal and saw that I was neutral? :p

I'll let you in on a little secret. This game is already won for me. I've completed my conditions, and so I'm just riding it out until the end. However, I would like to win with the villagers if possible, which is why I think we should lynch Gwen, since the only thing keeping us back was Ted, and he's dead.

Well, if you can't win with SOV and the game ends, that would be your goof, I guess.

The point was, you didn't make it known and therefore no actions were taken at night as a result. There have been plenty of stabbings in between now and then.
This is very true, and in hindsight I probably should have announced it earlier. However, he was outed yesterday, so Gwen could have killed him if she wanted.
Well, if you can't win with SOV and the game ends, that would be your goof, I guess.
I don't particularly care to win with SOV either, though tbh, it doesn't look good for the villagers at the moment. :shrug: I guess we will just see what happens.

This is very true, and in hindsight I probably should have announced it earlier. However, he was outed yesterday, so Gwen could have killed him if she wanted.

I don't particularly care to win with SOV either, though tbh, it doesn't look good for the villagers at the moment. :shrug: I guess we will just see what happens.

The girl who stabs was the only killer last night. It's in the write-up.

I personally don't see how you could win in conjunction with someone who is supposed to get rid of chaos/neutral. I don't see how that would work.

I mean, I can do literally **** all about the outcome of this game, so I'm just calling it as I see it.

Might as well up my post count.

The girl who stabs was the only killer last night. It's in the write-up.

I personally don't see how you could win in conjunction with someone who is supposed to get rid of chaos/neutral. I don't see how that would work.

I mean, I can do literally **** all about the outcome of this game, so I'm just calling it as I see it.

Might as well up my post count.
Well that would be two people then: Either SOV, who is Virginia Mosby (who I guess could be considered a girl?), or Honeytokki, who seered (by me) as a vanilla villager (Penny). Though I'm just a role seer, so if she was converted I wouldn't have caught it.

In my role it stated that I could win with any of the 5.5 factions, and the night before STL said "Congrats you won!" in my PM, so I'm assuming that would be with SOV as well.

Well that would be two people then: Either SOV, who is Virginia Mosby (who I guess could be considered a girl?), or Honeytokki, who seered (by me) as a vanilla villager (Penny). Though I'm just a role seer, so if she was converted I wouldn't have caught it.

In my role it stated that I could win with any of the 5.5 factions, and the night before STL said "Congrats you won!" in my PM, so I'm assuming that would be with SOV as well.

Well, that's not who SOV is so there's that.

Well, that's not who SOV is so there's that.
In my defense I would told this from someone who didn't trust me so this doesn't surprise me that much. Who is he then? I believe he's a girl since I successfully blocked him one night (My blocks work by sleeping with people, and the first night I don't think I blocked Zen since their character was Sandy).

In my defense I would told this from someone who didn't trust me so this doesn't surprise me that much. Who is he then? I believe he's a girl since I successfully blocked him one night (My blocks work by sleeping with people, and the first night I don't think I blocked Zen since their character was Sandy).

I just got in **** from the mod. Can't share any prior info as it turns out either.

I think that's unfair. :(

I just got in **** from the mod. Can't share any prior info as it turns out either.

I think that's unfair. :(
Well would @Gwenevre be willing to give us any info on SOV then?

At this point I would be okay with a traitorous wolf lynch and see if we can get Gwen tomorrow. :shrug: Guess it really doesn't matter anyways.

To my knowledge, SOV was Jeanette Peterson, not Virginia Mosby.

Everyone surrounds robin, and Barney decides to do the evil deed and kill robin.

*****dead is Gwen, alpha wolf, who could change one night write up, was unblockable and unlynchable for most of the game (while ted was alive and not with the mother), and could have either converted to neutral through Barney's the robin challenge or converted Barney to a wolf. Too bad the robin challenge never got completed...

It is night 16, deadline is set for 12:00 pm est