I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You? :heckyeah: I'm very concerned about your nonchalantness of the SAR claim
What are you talking about?
Why do we even ask people to claim anything if we're just going to sit on their lynch no matter what they say?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think she meant Shelter. Thats who I thought you were talking about too
Oh, no, I was referring to ny since that was who stagg was suggesting

Sorry, I see where that got confusing. I was saying I didn't want to start a last minute switch to ny this late, especially since I don't think she is a wolf.
 
D2 Literally Half the Roster Lynch tally:
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: allie

Check your votes
 
Last edited:
Why? You don't need to agree with your manager on everything..

As you can see, dubz and I aren't agreeing on some things. As for why, didn't feel the need to join the train on shelter as she was going down. You were my next choice based on how you acted when up for lynch yesterday. I think there's some other things that came across today but right now they've escaped my memory
 
D2 Literally Half the Roster Lynch tally:
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: Allieh

Check your votes
Allie voted

Lynch SAR for now. I'm kind of flabbergasted by the people throwing shade on ny right now.
 
I mean, should be obvious based on where my vote is. I don't really think ny is a wolf, nor am I comfy with a sudden train on someone who hasn't been a candidate before the last hour.

Too late anyway.

I'm generally not either, but I don't have any heavy wolf feels and her answers were sketchy.

I will say you are slightly misguided in regards to Ny's initial comment based off stuffs. Not saying they're wolf or not but I see where Ny's reponses were coming from

You do? Because I'd love that clarification if you've got it. If she didn't want to answer my questions or felt like she would be giving too much away she could have said so instead of supposedly role revealing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 2 Write-Up

Everyone gathered themselves up after the devastation of finding too many murdered this morning. They grouped together... and they began a bound and determined trek.... but to where? Some in the group waded waist-deep into the ocean outside the Indigo Plateau. Others got lost in MORE tall grass, intent on finding something suspicious. A few marched towards Pewter City. So much for working as a group.

AA03h1Q.jpg


It took almost all day, but some sort of cohesive decision was made. They were going to murder every single person in Saffron City until they found the right one. It wasn't the scientist yesterday... but odds were it was someone else in the metropolis, right? Something something population ratios? Too bad the scientist is dead, he would've known.

source.gif


Everyone crammed into that same Silph Co elevator. Let's check the basement this time. The doors slid open, a bit creaky from age. As soon as there was enough space, someone launched themselves out at the nearest body that just so happened to walk past, and everyone else in the elevator piled on. This had to be the guy they were looking for.

Dead is @sheltermed, Team Rocket Grunt
250px-Team_Rocket_Grunt_Best_Wishes.png


​
The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
10. @MixedAnimals77
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
14. @johnnaboo
15. @Gwenevre
16. @dolphin106258
17. @Stagg737
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfe - Scientist
6. @Animal Midwife - Gary
5. @StayingPositive2017 - Blaine
18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt

​
Night Closes at 8 AM CST. Please send in early night actions!​
 
I'm curious about the situation leading you to soft vouch x2 for shelter in light of her flip.

Honestly makes you feel more village lol, but there was a reason right?
Not a mod given reason or anything like that, so I don't have any info to provide. It was a particularly strong feel and I think I overthought some things.

She's wolfed and won before (more than once I think?), and I know got some good mentorship from karabou in Three Worlds, so I didn't think she would be making the slips she was as a wolf.

Kudos to AM for that trap card, I'm surprised it actually worked.
 
I'm generally not either, but I don't have any heavy wolf feels and her answers were sketchy.



You do? Because I'd love that clarification if you've got it. If she didn't want to answer my questions or felt like she would be giving too much away she could have said so instead of supposedly role revealing.
Without stepping into the let Ny answer themselves territory I'm not sure I can. All I can say is I pick up what they are saying based on what I know.
bless

Pourquoi? Does SAR's role claim raise red flags for you?
No it doesn't I just cant remember a time WZ has been so accepting right off the bat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 2 Write-Up

Everyone gathered themselves up after the devastation of finding too many murdered this morning. They grouped together... and they began a bound and determined trek.... but to where? Some in the group waded waist-deep into the ocean outside the Indigo Plateau. Others got lost in MORE tall grass, intent on finding something suspicious. A few marched towards Pewter City. So much for working as a group.

AA03h1Q.jpg


It took almost all day, but some sort of cohesive decision was made. They were going to murder every single person in Saffron City until they found the right one. It wasn't the scientist yesterday... but odds were it was someone else in the metropolis, right? Something something population ratios? Too bad the scientist is dead, he would've known.

source.gif


Everyone crammed into that same Silph Co elevator. Let's check the basement this time. The doors slid open, a bit creaky from age. As soon as there was enough space, someone launched themselves out at the nearest body that just so happened to walk past, and everyone else in the elevator piled on. This had to be the guy they were looking for.

Dead is @sheltermed, Team Rocket Grunt
250px-Team_Rocket_Grunt_Best_Wishes.png


​
The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
10. @MixedAnimals77
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
14. @johnnaboo
15. @Gwenevre
16. @dolphin106258
17. @Stagg737
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfe - Scientist
6. @Animal Midwife - Gary
5. @StayingPositive2017 - Blaine
18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt

​
Night Closes at 8 AM CST. Please send in early night actions!​
How the.
I swear I thought AM was tunnelling again.
 
No it doesn't I just cant remember a time WZ has been so accepting right off the bat
I don't think you've played a game with me with quite this kind of theme. We've had a lot of amorphous themes in the past year, or games where mods explicitly stated roles were RNG. Different scenario, I react differently.

Claiming Brock is enough to buy someone a night in my book :shrug:
 
I thought the Stagg discussion was fine? (I mean i understand being annoyed on Stagg’s end). Why exactly do you view it as a problem @MixedAnimals77

I enjoy being able to look at people’s reasoning as Stagg posts. I also always view Stagg as salty even when not so I haven’t been bothered by his aggressiveness. Back to AM from yesterday I was super confused at first but I realized what she was doing. However I don’t know how beneficial vs not it is for AM to not let more votes build, vs the early bird thing she mentioned. But I definitely don’t have that as a wolfy thing to attempt.

Also yeah @genny can you maybe provide a reason for that vote? I thought maybe asking nicely will improve my chances :happy:

Also don’t know how to feel about koffee (coffee?) atm.
Kara asked earlier why I said I liked this post.

I liked the questioning of MA. I liked the thinking on AM. For a noob, questioning genny on vote choice I liked too. I thought the feelz pickup on Coffee was good too.

I considered if what I think is the good/quality thinking in this post was wolfy, but decided it wasn't out of a noob's reach and felt more sincere than wolf chat coaching.

All in all, it struck me as town, I agreed with the thinking therein, and I wanted to give that encouragement as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IIRC, swift has nothing to do with hitting first, just that it will ALWAYS hit (unless the opposing pokemon is in the middle of Dig or Fly)


I can soft vouch that this information rings true

Fun fact, I literally forgot I was playing this game until I came home and had 10+ notifications. Sorry :slap:

I've just caught up on what I've missed, I don't have any hard feels on anyone yet. My comment way back in the beginning about metas was more a self-depreciating joke on how I haven't played so I've forgotten how other people play this game.

Also, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be quiet days as I have class until 8p EST so I come home and collapse.
Not having feels on anyone 15 pages in, feels wolfy.
 
So options for me yesterday were to vote for someone I believed to be not-village, or essentially RNG vote for anyone else when I had no wolfy feels yet.

Idk I felt like it.

Well when you say it like that... 😛
This is my attempt at NK analysis, when normally in these games I just fly by the seat of my pants and see where it gets me. Why would wolves kill AM when she had a healthy amount of sketch? (Not saying it was enough sketch to get lynched, just saying you need to have enough sketch even as a wolf so that people don't start asking "hey why are they still alive anyway?")

Where are you getting this from?
Again, this is where NKA can get us in trouble. Granted, we need to pick up on mod cues and do some bit of game solving because it looks like mechanics might be involved.

So, I've thrown out there multiple times in multiple games that good NK choices for wolves are those that are difficult to lynch, read strongly village, village leaders, suspected PRs, or deaths that confuse, demoralize, or frame someone.

I would argue after yesterday, AM could have easily been thought to have fulfilled all if not any one of the above categories. I mean, if she couldn't get lynched after that move yesterday, then should the wolves seriously think village is gonna take care of AM for them? And that bit about "it worked" when she did her self-vote, that totally could have made wolves nervous about a PR.

I've said as wolf that AM is concerning to leave alive because she can be leader, you don't always know where her head is at until she turns and points a good FOS. I've also said I like to leave her alive because she can sometimes be good distraction.

So the only part of NKA I think could possibly be illuminating has to do with mechanics here, because I don't think the kill choice can possibly rule in/out anyone at this point.
 
Why would ANYONE self vote d1 (or ever)? The only thing I could think of was that it had to do with a win condition/gaining some kind of power.


You've got 29min left by my clock. Not that I'm feeling you as a lynch target at this point in time.

Edit: :ninja:
C'mon, it easily could have been a joke too, and you should know that. I'm sure if you were a wolf though, you would be very concerned it had to do with gaining a power.

Again, AM, if it seriously was about gaining a power, would never have said so on thread. However, would you, Skim, be more willing to assume that as a villager, or less willing to take the chance as a wolf?

This opinion from you does not smack to me as conservative villager, but as conservative wolf. I'm not pulling the trigger there, but I don't like this thinking.