I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why Mel? Why not shelter?
why would she have to vote shelter instead? did vote shelter before? was she on shelter?

sometimes the whole "why not vote for the villager I want dead" comment reveals wolf thinking, I'm trying to see if you asking this of her makes sense for you to ask

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you've played a game with me with quite this kind of theme. We've had a lot of amorphous themes in the past year, or games where mods explicitly stated roles were RNG. Different scenario, I react differently.

Claiming Brock is enough to buy someone a night in my book :shrug:
Just occurred to me too, if it's true there's no reason for us to waste a lynch, the wolves will likely NK the player, which means we can use our lynches for better wolf suspects

of course, if the revealed player doesn't die.... I was surprised in the one game how long I lived as an outed village blocker before the wolves took care of me, never got to find out why

Keep in mind reading my above posts, that I started where I had left off, before seeing shelter's lynch and flip as wolf

contingency lynch JB

I'll have to look at who else I felt like was opposing a shelter lynch.

Her post that she calls me out on.... THAT'S the post that put up feels for you? Feels like a wolf that jumped on and catching up, that was the first post they could grab at to say I was sketch.

The calls out the leading lynch candidate at the time as sketch.

Then soft-defends shelter.

Hmmmm all you had to contribute was throwing shade on a classically shady player, the next person who is up for lynch, and then defend the wolf on the chopping block.

Feels like a wolf not actually contributing, but regurgitating existing village suspects, and soft defending a fellow wolf.

That's basically all we've had from JB. Something feels off.

Also interesting how jboo was the first to switch from SAR to shelter... they say to look at the last 3 people on a wolf lynch, because odds are there's a wolf.

Feels like JB was bandwagoning SAR, and if JB's a wolf, of course they wouldn't have questioned the village role reveal, they wouldn't need time to think about, they'd want to get off it ASAP. Since it looked like shelter's fate was gonna be sealed as the next runner up after a village reveal, it would make sense she would move there next to try to take advantage of the opportunity to bus a wolf that's 99% going down.

All of the above isn't reasoning that can't be accounted for by a village JB, but let me say the exercise.

I'm thinking through that I felt the posts I quoted earlier seemed wolfy, her participation before that wasn't encouraging, and that her actions surrounding SAR/shelter voting doesn't clear her of anything, because that's going to be the main defence.

C'mon, it easily could have been a joke too, and you should know that. I'm sure if you were a wolf though, you would be very concerned it had to do with gaining a power.

Again, AM, if it seriously was about gaining a power, would never have said so on thread. However, would you, Skim, be more willing to assume that as a villager, or less willing to take the chance as a wolf?

This opinion from you does not smack to me as conservative villager, but as conservative wolf. I'm not pulling the trigger there, but I don't like this thinking.
Why on earth would I think it was a joke vote from AM on D1?

I also think I have a pretty strong history of wanting to kill anything non-village, and I sure as hell don’t want them gaining more power.

And yeah, you caught me. The first two people to vote AM were both wolves. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be comfortable with Koffee (the blowout on D1) or Stagg (how they are pressing Ny, not that they are pressing her)
Beyond that one note blowing out on D1, any other things supporting Koffee as wolfish? I'm reading opposite but see a couple people still looking there so I want to know what is supporting that.

Why on earth would I think it was a joke vote from AM on D1?

I also think I have a pretty strong history of wanting to kill anything non-village, and I sure as hell don’t want them gaining more power.

And yeah, you caught me. The first two people to vote AM were both wolves. :rolleyes:
But she switched her vote almost right away, and explained her reasoning later on.

Night closed. Results pending. Patience is gonna be a virtue today.

*over one hour later*
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
If I flip village, how would that change your feelings on other players?
Honestly, I don't know that currently my feelings on others would change yet. I don't have enough information to make a decision on other players.

Beyond that one note blowing out on D1, any other things supporting Koffee as wolfish? I'm reading opposite but see a couple people still looking there so I want to know what is supporting that.
Just the blowout; that reason is admittedly weak

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I don't know that currently my feelings on others would change yet. I don't have enough information to make a decision on other players.
You don't have enough info on other players? That's weird considering your the only one saying their isn't enough info out.

If I flip village, that wouldn't prompt you to consider my arguments that I've put out?

You don't have enough info on other players? That's weird considering your the only one saying their isn't enough info out.

If I flip village, that wouldn't prompt you to consider my arguments that I've put out?
Notice that I emphasized yet. I'm home from work today because I ate way too much Chinese fish yesterday and am trying to work up a google doc. It's been quite a bit since I've played a WW and y'all have gotten waaaaaaay chatty.

Night 2 Results

Everyone felt a little safer with the Rocket grunt dead. Clearly the Rockets were active again – no longer stealing Pokemon for their villainous deeds and instead taking the lives of others with their own hands.

@johnnaboo nudged the Rocket’s limp body with her boot toe, still a little disturbed to watch a murder, however righteous, happen right in front of her eyes. “Shouldn’t we like, bury him or something?” she asked, glancing up at the others. Reluctant glances were exchanged. Finally, someone in the group sighed and slung the dead body over his shoulder. “Alright, let’s go to Lavender town.”

latest

A few hours later, the sun had set and our players were wiping the dirt from their hands. The grunt was buried. Everyone departed from the cemetery, intent on going home and getting a good night’s sleep. But then, a scream. Panic ensued. Lavender town’s creepy atmosphere was enough to make even the strongest-willed trainers a little jumpy, and everyone was already on edge from disposing of a body.

@Stagg737 scanned the area, his heart pounding. People were missing from their group. One, two, three, four…? Four were missing. Wait no, three. There was someone over there, lying on the ground. He ran over and grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her. “Are you okay??” Her head fell back as he shook her body, her unruly purple hair tumbling out of her face. Alas, she was not. He dropped her body back to the ground and then noticed the blood on his hands. She had been stabbed.

Dead is @MixedAnimals77, Hex Maniac
s-l300.jpg

The others ran up behind him. “He did it! He killed her!” someone yelled. Pokeballs flew. It was time to avenge the death of their friend, as weird as she may have been. Stagg panicked. His team was no match for the others, but it was too late. He tossed a pokeball in response and a Magikarp with minimal HP flopped into the dirt. It flailed its body at the challengers, but Stagg was right. It was too much. Magikarp fainted and Stagg blacked out, out of useable Pokemon.

magikarp-splash-gif-5.gif

Dead is @Stagg737, That One Fisherman In Every Game that has Nothing But Magikarps
f7cac690b43cc44023ab0aeb3723955ac2a9dea7_00.jpg

Arguments broke out among the group when they realized Stagg really was innocent. It was midnight and they were tired and scared. Suddenly, the cry of a bird rang out. Someone had released yet another Pokemon. Horrified silence fell over the group like a heavy blanket as they watched the figure fly high into the air, fold its wings, and dive bomb Vileplume. There was no chance Vileplume could take a Brave Bird, even at full health.

hB8C6F3D7

Out of useable Pokemon, and dead, is @johnnaboo, Erika, Post Restrictor
Pokemon-lets-Go-Erika-3.jpg

BUT WAIT, YES THERE IS MORE.

@Animal Midwife walked out of the Pokemon Tower and looked around at the carnage. "What did you losers manage to do while I was gone?"

Back to life comes @Animal Midwife.

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
15. @Gwenevre
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfeScientist/Magnemite
5. @StayingPositive2017Blaine/Rapidash – Anonymous messenger
18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt/Poochyena
17. @Stagg737Fisherman/Magikarp
10. @MixedAnimals77Hex Maniac/Gastly
14. @johnnaboo Erika/Vileplume - Post restrictor

Lynch Closes at 9 PM CST.

Last edited:
  • Love
Love how y'all scream about an edited post but say nothing when I mention sketchy liking.

• Haha
Can you tell us more about your death notification AM? You being right about Shelter has me obviously rethinking my previous thoughts that it wasn't a wolf kill, but I'm curious.

I'm sure Stagg just got his death notification after posting. Sigh.

Reactions: 2 users
Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy
(1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim () -

21/24
Missing: Gwen, Glamm, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: allie

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfeScientist/Magnemite
5. @StayingPositive2017Blaine/Rapidash – Anonymous messenger
18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt/Poochyena
17. @Stagg737Fisherman/Magikarp
10. @MixedAnimals77Hex Maniac/Gastly
14. @johnnaboo Erika/Vileplume - Post restrictor

Interesting that we get a couple of abilities put up on these now. Were the other villagers vanilla or just tbd on abilities? <-- musing out loud, pls no accusations of fishing again

Can you tell us more about your death notification AM? You being right about Shelter has me obviously rethinking my previous thoughts that it wasn't a wolf kill, but I'm curious.

I'm sure Stagg just got his death notification after posting. Sigh.

I was most certainly wolf killed then attacked by other people afterwards for whatever reason.

capri, allie, gwen, Snowy, genny, and Kara need to be looked at. And ny should be killed soon just because.

I would personally bet abilities being added is just a matter of Sporty doing the write up.

Lynch allie

Again. My previous thoughts have not been allayed and I don't love the unlynch without going somewhere else when second place was a wolf.

Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy
(1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim () -

21/24
Missing: Gwen, Glamm, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: allie
how long have you been dying to post this :)

Reactions: 2 users
So it sounds to me like both Stagg and jboo's deaths may have been related to battling. Perhaps we should hold off on those unless we have strong suspicion of someone being a wolf?
I tried to battle WZ last night and it did not work. I was told I fell in a hole.

Why:

I had WZ as village until yesterday. Here is how yesterday went down. Shelter was the leader and then WZ started a move to SAR. As soon as SAR revealed the name of her role she jumped off. Even Kara agreed that it was putting too much faith in the name of a role. Then, she also tried a last minute save to shelter still.

Has also been very strongly defending Skimble for the reasons that she is probably too busy to contribute. Not a very defendable reason especially when the argument against Skimble is the post content, not post volume.

I'd say between WZ and Skimble, at least one is likely a wolf, definitely could be a pair.